Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 11:18 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Why is he not a leader; because he's gentle and soft-spoken? Spare me and my eardrums eight years of Hillary yelling angrily at me! Or Trump (who used to be soft-spoken), for that matter...
Because he has no clue about anything outside of a surgical theater. And he proves it every time he opens his mouth. Have you ever listened to what he actually says, or are you so mesmerized by how "gentle and soft-spoken" he is that the actual inanity he spouts never penetrates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 11:22 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Beyond the comments of the disgusting human beings that are Clintonistas in this thread.

Carson can't beat the Hildabeast.

I'm not even sure Roosevelt's big stick could beat that beast.

A Trump Rubio ticket could crush her like the house that fell on the wicked which of the East though.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:23 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Because he has no clue about anything outside of a surgical theater. And he proves it every time he opens his mouth. Have you ever listened to what he actually says, or are you so mesmerized by how "gentle and soft-spoken" he is that the actual inanity he spouts never penetrates?
Exactly. A person can be brilliant in one area (neurosurgery) and clueless in another. For instance, some of us do well in English, but don't understand theoretical physics.

Despite his medical attributes, Carson is completely inept and out of his element in politics. I'm baffled at how insular some persons are. The OP seems incapable of considering that their perspective might actually be wrong.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:25 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
He is brilliant, probably one of the most brilliant brain surgeons in the last 50 years, just not as a political warrior which is what you need to be to win an election.
He might be brilliant as a surgeon, but what really concerns me about him is how someone with that level of education can be so willfully ignorant (or ignore-ant) of scientific evidence when it comes to things like evolution and global warming. It's one thing for an uneducated person to be anti-science, but Carson has no excuse. This is the kind of person who could convince himself that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction despite all evidence to the contrary, because that's what he wants to believe.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
This is the first time in history a brain surgeon isn't considered brilliant. Partisan blindness.
Brilliance in pediatric neurosurgery doesn't necessarily translate to brilliance in politics.

Stop blaming partisan blindness - your OWN party didn't vote for him in Iowa and with good reason.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:47 AM

15,529 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
It's beyond me why Trump, Cruz, and Rubio are the front-runners. It seems to me any of the rest of the field would be preferable to any of those... But most mystifying of all is why Dr. Ben Carson - who is brilliant, accomplished, moral, strong, and kind - lags so far behind when he's head-and-shoulders above.

Ideas?
Apparently, my beliefs align with his 90%. So, yes I would vote for him. He'd have to pinkie swear to hire top notch foreign advisors though. The guy should have run for a congressional seat or something first. He has no political experience and it shows. To be totally honest, he's not my first choice mainly because I feel he's too nice.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:50 AM

677 posts, read 653,028 times
Quote:
It's beyond me why Trump, Cruz, and Rubio are the front-runners. It seems to me any of the rest of the field would be preferable to any of those... But most mystifying of all is why Dr. Ben Carson - who is brilliant, accomplished, moral, strong, and kind - lags so far behind when he's head-and-shoulders above.

Ideas?
Because he is clueless, politically idiotic, uneducated on anything related to governing, and has a laughably run campaign. The entire Republican clown car is filled with utterly unfit candidates. Kasich and Paul are the only respectable candidates honestly, and neither of them has a chance this cycle. Kasich i understand why not, Paul's failure to gain more support is a little more baffling to me.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:22 PM

3,886 posts, read 4,539,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Seriously?

The candidate who is a sure cure for insomnia and is even more clueless about public policy as... Sarah Palin.
Omg, a Carson/Palin ticket! That would be comedy! Hearing them together would be like a roller coaster

Old 02-02-2016, 12:28 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Omg, a Carson/Palin ticket! That would be comedy! Hearing them together would be like a roller coaster
It would be like a jackson pollack painting - pure abstraction.

Is anyone here good with audio clips? Because I think I'd be willing to pay (a small amount of) money for a good mashup.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:38 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
That's gold Jerry! Gold!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections