Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 12:16 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The problem with tweeting is that it doesn't go away:

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
“No one remembers who came in second.” - Walter Hagen
3:55 Pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...60911177162752
Not just once, but twice:
“No one remembers who came in second.” – Walter Hagen

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 17, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
His selling point is that he is a winner. Second isn't winning.
and one caucus is not an election either.

still only 1 delegate down, and plenty of open road ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 01:07 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

With the results of the Iowa caucus, Trump the Invincible lost his "Mo" in "MoJo".
In any race, it can be a fatal mistake to stumble right out of the starting gate. Especially when all signs pointed to an easy Trump victory.

But spin on. That's what you do if you're a Trump supporter. Save 15% on Geico and spin a loss in the first race as no big deal.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:11 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He has exposed the political process having been on the other side of it. Money from interest groups with an open-border anti-American agenda to be exact. Funding his own campaign, he's not a part of that.

Plenty of other reasons, but that's number one for me.
Really? Those weren't humans casting their votes? All those people voting... over 75% of them voted for someone other than trump. Bummer. Face it, dude, he over-promised and under-delivered.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:11 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:

Let's not forget who won the last 2 repub caucus's in Iowa, Santorum and Huckabee.

Look how far it got them.

The ONLY reason Iowa gets so much coverage is because they are the FIRST.

Other then that it means very little in the grand scheme of the elections with only 6 electoral votes.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:16 PM

865 posts, read 1,489,165 times
Rubio... every time he is on TV talking I look over at my husband and within 5 minutes he is sleeping. Never fails!

Old 02-03-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Actually he was a very gracious loser at his rally following the voting - but maybe your media coverage decided not to air it.
Really? every channel I turned to was playing the tape of his concession speech. Even our local tiny town channel played it over and over the next morning. Nobody could have missed it. Of course, trump's graciousness ended pretty quickly as the day wore on.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:21 PM

Hate for trump and lover for rubio? Not here. Rubio is worthless as a senator. I don't like either of them. I don't like cruz, either.

Kasich wasn't so bad when I lived in Ohio, and I thought for a moment that he would do, but then, he just looks old already, and has some kinda kooky ideas. Bush was gov when I lived in FL, and he was halfway decent, but also some pretty kooky ideas. Not that it matters, I don't think either of them has a chance to get the nomination.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Actually he was a very gracious loser at his rally following the voting - but maybe your media coverage decided not to air it. There is not one candidate that did not set up their supporters with the expectation that they would win in Iowa - even the Dems. No one wants to lose and they all expect to win or they wouldn't bother staying in the running.

Now let's talk about expectations - you've set some pretty high ones yourself - are you going to be that gracious when your candidate is defeated - I think not - we'll be hearing rants and vents for the next 4 years!
Why are you making this about me? Everything is not personal so why do you continue with the personal insults?

Frankly, it gets old.

Managing expectations is part of the political game; sorry if you have never heard of it.

I HAVE SAID that Trump's speech was gracious. But - what's he doing now? Tweeting out tears for second place.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:08 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Not pointing that specifically at you - but I forgot that libs can't remember how to take things figuratively anymore - I'm addressing all the anti Trump posters who have added nothing useful but vents and rants - not actual discussions.

Let's point out that many of the candidates are upset both on the Rep and Dem side with how polling went in Iowa and the "mistakes" or underhanded campaign tactics some used. I've seen Carson, Rubio, Christie and Bernie all address issues that may have put the outcome of Iowa differently. So Trump is not the only one disgusted with what happened.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:42 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Has anyone seen the media work this hard to control the outcome of an election?
Yes.

2004: Dan Rather on CBS using forged documents to discredit Bush.

2008: Chris Matthews talking about Obama giving him a thrill up his leg.

The lying liberal media slobbering over how wonderful it would be if we elected the first black president and ignoring the fact that his father was a communist, he was raised as a Muslim in Indonesia, sought spiritual guidance from a preacher who hated America and was a 9/11 truther, was friends with the unrepentant terrorists and murderers Ayers and Dohrn, failed to join the military when he could have, slacked off in school and did hard drugs (but still got admitted to the Ivy League), had at least one relative in this country who was here illegally and on welfare, and was a member of a Marxist college group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You say you can't figure out Rubio's appeal, just WHAT do you think is Trump's appeal that's allowing him to beat "the 'serious' candidates in the polls, votes, delegates and rally's"?
Why do you ask?

You would never support any Republican.

You're on the liberal side of every issue.

Pretending that you consider ANY Republican to be a serious and worthwhile candidate is disingenuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump was the front runner for Iowa and was expected to WIN.
No, he wasn't.

Up until the last two weeks, Cruz was well ahead of Trump.

It's amazing that Trump got the amount of support he did in a state full of evangelicals.

Quote:
He has exposed the political process having been on the other side of it. Money from interest groups with an open-border anti-American agenda to be exact. Funding his own campaign, he's not a part of that. Plenty of other reasons, but that's number one for me.
Exactly.

Quote:
Trump's appeal - he's not PC, he talks like a blue collar not like an elitist, he's not establishment - that's it in a nutshell.
Just so.

Quote:
Trump is as establishment as they come! Just because he may be on the buying end of politics rather than the selling end DOES NOT mean he isn't part of the same old game of money from interest groups controlling the political process.
Well, then you might as well stay home.

All our politicians are bought by special interests except Trump.

Even Bernie didn't get where he is today without some special interest support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump's actions are making it worse for him. He's reminding everyone that he lost by being a sore loser in a very bad way.
Wrong.

His concession speech was as gracious as anyone could expect.

Quote:
Heck, he could lose NH and other states too.
You wish.

Quote:
[He has touted himself as 'the best' and now he came in 2nd place and is a sore loser and making a big deal out of it, making fraud accusations.
Wrong.

He isn't sore about getting second place, but he is right that Cruz played dirty tricks against Carson.

Cruz is a cheater. His campaign could easily have called Carson's campaign to verify if Carson had dropped out. They didn't.

In case you haven't noticed, Trump and Cruz are the front runners. Trump's job is to criticize Cruz, not give him a pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Has anyone seen the media work this hard to control the outcome of an election?"

Yes. They worked HARD to get the "first black President" elected.
Exactly.

Quote:
Again - 2nd place for a 1st time run is not losing! I can give you links to videos of both Obama and Hillary bashing each other like petulant children - just like Donald from 2008. As a matter of fact - Obama was accused of making many lies and using dubious practices according Hillary - not unlike what Cruz is doing - but because it's the Republicans pitching a b**ch - it's a bad thing - Democratic fauz pas can be forgiven and forgotten.
The Trump haters here are hypocrites who subscribe to a double-standard.

That's the way they play.

Quote:
maybe not a sore loser after all, and Bernie isn't too happy about the results either. I am also copying a market ticker reply from bigdaddy63 in its entirety because I hope people will pass this on:

Really people. Are we that stupid not to know the game was rigged last night?

Six precincts needed coin tosses that all went for Clinton?
Delegate counts that never matched the actual number of delegates... that then required...... a coin toss to settle?

Massive fraud on the GOP side that allowed Cruz to steal it from Trump?
Cruz and his minions intentionally lying to delegates that Carson dropped out and to vote for Cruz?

For all the non-Iowans, here's a firsthand eyewitness account from people who were there last night.

"The caucus last night and Iowa was rigged. The people there are all talking about how unorganized it was and that you could vote as many times as you want it because there were so many people there they didn't know how many ballots you were going up and grabbing after you voted once. And people reading the votes could have lied about who the candidate was who was voted for because only one person saw it and then it was thrown in a box"

Look at the GOP votes from the Los Angeles Times, http://graphics.latimes.com/election-201.... and you will see that Donald Trump FLATTENED everyone in regions free from areas with illegals and Democrat cross overs showing up in buses.

Here's as story on Breitbart that Bill Gates in Microsoft was Marco Rubio's big donor and Microsoft software was COUNTING THE VOTES IN IOWA.

Microsoft : 10 -inch device with Office software free | Netease Technology....

The same Microsoft that called the race for CLinton before they helped count the votes

Index of /articles....

We are being played folks by the PTB. They cannot have Trump win at any cost.

Did you see Faux News last night with their orgasmic non stop self affirmation last night? Every five minutes they needed to ask every person to confirm Trump lost because he refused to kowtow and kneel before the great Megyn Kelly and appear before her inquisition panel disguised as a debate. Trump still managed to come in second, but they spun it as he was the big loser, and Rubio who came in third as a big winner.

The problem is Trump now realized the evil he faces and is going to start spending money and fighting back.

Game on *******!
Well said.

Another reason not to take these early primaries seriously: they are open primaries. Democrats can vote in the Republican primary, and many have said they are doing that just to defeat the Republican front runner, namely Trump.

Quote:
I see, he's getting support because he's part of the establishment people say they hate but talking like a truck driver makes it okay.
Oh, please.

Go talk about how great Hillary is.

We don't care what you libs think about Republican candidates.

Last edited by dechatelet; 02-04-2016 at 04:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections