Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 04:02 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
SO the question is, wouldn't the Dems be better off with clear and convincing evidence that Hillary isn't going to survive the process coming sooner rather than later? Give other people a chance to get in and finish out some semblance of a campaign.
SO the question is, wouldn't the GOP be better off with clear and convincing evidence that Hillary is guilty of something?
So many GOP committees and hearings over he years that either exonerated her or found squat to prosecute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 04:07 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Are Dems better off if Clinton indictment comes sooner?
It's presumptuous to assume
a) there are chargeable crimes.
b) that an indictment will ever be warranted.
Exactly. I guess all the taxpayer money wasted with investigations and hearings and the 11 hours of grilling Hillary with redundant gotcha-style questions, trying to get her to sweat and break down, weren't enough. She's a strong supporter of Planned Parenthood which IMHO is one reason they went after that organization (and found no illegal acts) The GOP must really be frightened that another Democrat will win the White House.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
SO the question is, wouldn't the GOP be better off with clear and convincing evidence that Hillary is guilty of something?
So many GOP committees and hearings over he years that either exonerated her or found squat to prosecute.
Yes, so true, and it's driving the GOP crazy!

Old 02-03-2016, 04:11 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Exactly. I guess all the taxpayer money wasted with investigations and hearings and the 11 hours of grilling Hillary with redundant gotcha-style questions, trying to get her to sweat and break down, weren't enough. She's a strong supporter of Planned Parenthood which IMHO is one reason they went after that organization (and found no illegal acts) The GOP must really be frightened that another Democrat will win the White House.
Denial is not a river in Egypt, Nancy. Just saying.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:12 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
I want a Democrat to win, just not Hillary. If Hillary really is guilty, the sooner she is indicted the better. If it happens in October, get ready for President Ted Cruz.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I want a Democrat to win, just not Hillary. If Hillary really is guilty, the sooner she is indicted the better. If it happens in October, get ready for President Ted Cruz.
I also want a Democrat to win. Just not Bernie. (although I would support him if he's the nominee)

By the way, not voting for someone simply because she might be guilty of something of which she's never been charged or convicted, especially when these stories have surfaced while she's running for POTUS isn't the way I think.

"Don't marry Bob because he looks as if he might cheat on you."

"Don't take that job because the company might go out of business in 5 years."

"Don't eat out tonight because the restaurant might serve you contaminated food."

Give me some hard evidence and tell me on what charges she's been indicted.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:04 PM

325 posts, read 255,738 times
If Hillary was forced to withdraw, her votes/ delegates would not just transfer over to another candidate. It's not as simple as throwing Biden in. He would have to qualify for the ballot in all remaining states and many are past deadline. The only real alternative would be for O'Malley to reactivate his suspended campaign. And he would be way behind!

Old 02-03-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maleman View Post
If Hillary was forced to withdraw, her votes/ delegates would not just transfer over to another candidate. It's not as simple as throwing Biden in. He would have to qualify for the ballot in all remaining states and many are past deadline. The only real alternative would be for O'Malley to reactivate his suspended campaign. And he would be way behind!
Why would she be forced to withdraw? None of the emails in question were marked "Classified"or "Top Secret" at the time they were sent or received.

If you regularly traveled 45mph on a street that's zoned for 45 and it's later changed to 35mph, would you agree to pay a fine for each time you exceeded the new speed limit? Would you stop driving if the state wanted to revoke your driver's license or defend yourself? She's probably guilty of using poor judgment in some cases, but so far I haven't heard or read any official report that she violated the law.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:26 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Why would she be forced to withdraw? None of the emails in question were marked "Classified"or "Top Secret" at the time they were sent or received.

If you regularly traveled 45mph on a street that's zoned for 45 and it's later changed to 35mph, would you agree to pay a fine for each time you exceeded the new speed limit? Would you stop driving if the state wanted to revoke your driver's license or defend yourself? She's probably guilty of using poor judgment in some cases, but so far I haven't heard or read any official report that she violated the law.
You know the answer to that very well, as it has been covered here and in the news, both print and television, ad nauseum.

You are just being obtuse.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:26 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Sure-

1. NAFTA
2. China trade policies
3. Pacific Rim Trade
4. Repeal of Glass-Steagle
5. Pay for Play Clinton foundation politics
6. Continued high taxes
7. Continued massive EPA regulations
8. Continued Carbon tax nonsense
9. Foreign policy that set Libya, Egypt, Iraq, and Syria in flames
10. Continued massive federal debt.
11. Continued open door immigration policy
12. More Muslim immigrants planted in the US

If you want to continue draining US jobs and killing the middle class, Hillary would be great.
Just wondering... you support indicting her for what? Supporting policies that you don't agree with? And can you please cite the law that applies to that?

Old 02-03-2016, 06:23 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,756 times
I think it won't happen at all with Joe Biden's refusal to run and Martin O'Malley's campaign suspension being the main indications of such. They would have been running a campaign or continued to run to get more traction if it was going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections