Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 08:42 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I am not working today and enjoy a good challange. Called the Iowa Cruz office, they said they never hear of her, let alone paid her. The speculation of the guy I talked to (not surprisingly) thinks it is a Trump operative behind it.

This is some election....... Dirty politics at its best.

ETA: He also pointed out her picture is now down from Twitter and that it was a fake picture. I just checked, he's right, the picture is gone.
Great post.

And so we see again just how misinformation spreads like wildfire, and causes people to foolishly react without first doing their due diligence in determining if information is even accurate.

And yet - even after this LATEST fallacy is cleared - stupid people continue to spread misinformation.

It's a damned plague that will destroy this country. The cult of lazy over-reactive stupidity.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:00 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
The ghost of Lee Atwater roams.

The trouble is that voters let them get by with it.

The political types even declare that fact checkers are partisan liars. And the political types get by with it. They are making a ton of money taking a cut of the money raised and another cut off of ads sold. It is a pretty easy way for amoral folks to make a living.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:01 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,937 times
Quote:
I am not working today and enjoy a good challange. Called the Iowa Cruz office, they said they never hear of her, let alone paid her. The speculation of the guy I talked to (not surprisingly) thinks it is a Trump operative behind it.

ETA: He also pointed out her picture is now down from Twitter and that it was a fake picture. I just checked, he's right, the picture is gone.
Thanks for checking that out and alerting them.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:02 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Cruz looks like one step above a used car salesman to me now. I've lost any respect I ever had for him after this.
My support for Cruz suffered a significant blow with the cheap e-mail he sent out. It was disappointing to see him use a tactic like that, designed to make people think it's illegal not to vote.

I've also lost respect for Glenn Beck seeing the twists and turns he goes through defending Cruz and dissing Carson. It's not professional, not honest, and not in keeping with the principles Beck has emphasized over and over. I never was fully on board with his views because I gave everything he said careful consideration and some of it didn't sit well with me. This does it. He's defending Cruz as much as defending himself now that he stuck his neck out and made a first-time-ever endorsement during primary season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Rubio also went along with the lie Carson quit, Rubio garnished votes as well. No one is talking about that. Fox is trying to destroy Trump with half the story. Not mentioning the lies to steal votes. Rubio also benefited with getting Carson votes.

Fox has been trying to destroy Trump from the start. Beck is trying to destroy both Trump and Carson.
And Rubio, never a squeaky clean candidate, is getting smeared by the fallout from this pie-throwing contest. He will try to capitalize, but I hope it doesn't work. You can't rise honorably by step on others.

All things considered, regardless of what the count shows, looks like Trump actually did win Iowa, and Carson finished higher. I hope people keep that in mind.

What a bunch. I just hope that whatever we end up with, it won't be Hillary.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
My support for Cruz suffered a significant blow with the cheap e-mail he sent out. It was disappointing to see him use a tactic like that, designed to make people think it's illegal not to vote.

I've also lost respect for Glenn Beck seeing the twists and turns he goes through defending Cruz and dissing Carson. It's not professional, not honest, and not in keeping with the principles Beck has emphasized over and over. I never was fully on board with his views because I gave everything he said careful consideration and some of it didn't sit well with me. This does it. He's defending Cruz as much as defending himself now that he stuck his neck out and made a first-time-ever endorsement during primary season.

Fox has been trying to destroy Trump from the start. Beck is trying to destroy both Trump and Carson.
And Rubio, never a squeaky clean candidate, is getting smeared by the fallout from this pie-throwing contest. He will try to capitalize, but I hope it doesn't work. You can't rise honorably by step on others.

All things considered, regardless of what the count shows, looks like Trump actually did win Iowa, and Carson finished higher. I hope people keep that in mind.

I am not sure Trump would be much better. As for FOX destroying Trump; are you even aware of how many FOX contributors are supporting or leaning toward Trump? And where are you getting your information about Trump winning in Iowa? Let's not confuse facts with what may or may not be true.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:30 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The ghost of Lee Atwater roams.

The trouble is that voters let them get by with it.

The political types even declare that fact checkers are partisan liars. And the political types get by with it. They are making a ton of money taking a cut of the money raised and another cut off of ads sold. It is a pretty easy way for amoral folks to make a living.
Many of the fact checkers are partisan liars.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:32 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

Carson doesn't appear to be as honest as he portrays himself to be. In his Presser yesterday, he is questioned about his staffer leaking the information that he is leaving the campaign. He says, "Don't look at me, I didn't say it." Yet, he leaves his wife in Iowa and says he is going home to change? Today, we find out his campaign is drying up and cutting his staff by 50%. This isn't going to end well with him. There is more going on than we know today.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:35 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Everyone else can believe that bs story that it was CNN's fault, or Carson's fault, or "what did you expect him to do" baloney all that they want, I have seen what the GOP will do to get rid of candidates that they don't want, so I do not trust any of them.

This crap that Cruz pulled...I'm telling the GOP right now: Keep pulling this crap, GOP. I will vote for a fricken Democrat for the first time in my life as a big, fat F! U! if you don't knock it off. Get the message, we are SICK TO DEATH OF ALL OF YOU LYING SCUM BAG RINOS. To hell with all of you big establishment pukes. You wouldn't know Conservative values if they smacked the snot out of you every morning at 6am. **** off, GOP RINO scum!
You were reading my mind. Well said. F them all if they don't get their freakin' act together. Enough. Don't you get it. ENOUGH!

Old 02-04-2016, 09:36 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Everyone else can believe that bs story that it was CNN's fault, or Carson's fault, or "what did you expect him to do" baloney all that they want, I have seen what the GOP will do to get rid of candidates that they don't want, so I do not trust any of them.

This crap that Cruz pulled...I'm telling the GOP right now: Keep pulling this crap, GOP. I will vote for a fricken Democrat for the first time in my life as a big, fat F! U! if you don't knock it off. Get the message, we are SICK TO DEATH OF ALL OF YOU LYING SCUM BAG RINOS. To hell with all of you big establishment pukes. You wouldn't know Conservative values if they smacked the snot out of you every morning at 6am. **** off, GOP RINO scum!
You won't be missed. Bye.

Say hi to the old gal.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:42 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:

Thanks for checking. Figured the tweet was a plant. Sick and tired of the BS, the lies, the deceits, the half truths, the slimy games. All of it. Just give me one god damn decent, half truthful, semi-honest person who will do the damned job the way it is supposed to be done. Stop with the BS already. The partisan crap on a page such as this is one thing. The lies, deceit and childish games from candidates is something totally different. I don't expect any better from someone as slimy and disgusting as Hillary Clinton, but I NEED one person...........somewhere............some place.........to be worthy of my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections