Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 04:44 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Of course that's part of it. Candidates always play to their strengths
I didn't discuss the candidates' strength. You have your talking points ahead of the discussion. Did you even read my response?

Again it's not his responsibility to promote her and her campaign.
And it's not her responsibility to promote him

They will debate.

Anymore contrived crap you want throw out?

Do you want to discuss how two states violated agreements with the DNC that every other state agreed to? I think you referenced it as Obama not wanting to count those pesky voters....

Which means that you want to count illegitimate elections.

You don't care about informing voters or anything else.

You want to enable the former First Lady to get back the White House. 300 million Americans and you want a former First Lady.

You want to continue Bush-Clinton because dynasties are wonderful.

You want to insult every stated that didn't try to break the rules with the DNC.

You want to set a horrible precedent by allowing illegitimate elections to be counted.

Yeah keep talking about "informing voters."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 04:50 PM

306 posts, read 1,192,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
wait til it is over
I have a feeling Obama is shooting himself in the foot
not giving the debates we the people want
he is sooooooooo cocky
but it is far from over
Hillary is just getting started
she is calm and focused
Obama on the other hand does not want to share with us his
PLAN of change
why?
'cause he ain't got one
he has a chant
well that don't get it
if he cared so much about the poor people then why does he not save
some of the big bucks$$ he has
and sit down to some debates and give a donation to La??
fat chance!
I totally agree

Old 02-07-2008, 04:51 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,085 times
Quote:
wait til it is over
I have a feeling Obama is shooting himself in the foot
not giving the debates we the people want
he is sooooooooo cocky
but it is far from over
Hillary is just getting started
she is calm and focused
Obama on the other hand does not want to share with us his
PLAN of change
why?
'cause he ain't got one
he has a chant
well that don't get it
if he cared so much about the poor people then why does he not save
some of the big bucks$$ he has
and sit down to some debates and give a donation to La??
fat chance!
I offer a plan for change: Go to grammar school.

And go to his website when you are mature enough to read about policy.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:55 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
That's what I'm thinking she wants free air time.The more he gets out and gives speeches the better off he is as she now is the underdog as far as money. Too bad she spent so much so early but that's her decision.His tactic should be to move and rally.He has made up alot of ground that way and i look for him and his endorsers to hit the ground flying.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:07 PM

306 posts, read 1,192,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
Yep, that's why Obama is whining about the superdelegate process and saying that each American's vote should count(excpet those pesky MI and FL voters), and that the superdelegates should have no say....because he's winning, right?

So, let me see if I understand Bob-and-Weave's current position on the issues of Superdelegates and FL and MI:

1. The superdelegates shouldn't count, because it's "backroom politics" and the DNC should change the Rules after the Primaries have started;

2. The 2.2 Million Democrats that cast their votes in Florida and Michigan should not count because the rules have already been established prior to the start of the Primary season and the DNC shouldn't change the rules, in mid season.

Is that about where we stand? He's FOR change when it benefits HIM and he's AGAINST change when it doesn't.

I can't blame him, with the way the word "change" is being thrown around I am getting confused as to what exactly it means too.
I agree with you. He keeps talking change, yet during the debate, sooo much of what he said sounded like what Hillary had said. I have listened to the debates and I hear the word "change" but, I don't hear the changes he refers to. I know political strategy is to only put out so much information, so as to not let the other side in on your ideas, but then I thought he wanted to change political ways in Washington. Maybe starting now would be a good idea. And I would really like the media to stop forcing who they want in office down our throats. Let the people decide please, just give us facts, we are not idiots, we can figure out who to vote for on our own.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Above: February 3-5, 2008

Maybe she'll stick a fork in it when it's clear she has no chance.
Politics are not national, they are local.. All of the national polls mean nothing because its not a break down, state by state.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:13 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Actually, it was due the fact that she raised over $4 Million dollars in less than 24 hours, and it's still POURING in, as we speak.
I wonder how many of those dollars are from China?

Old 02-07-2008, 06:26 PM

939 posts, read 2,380,017 times
Quote:
Of course that's part of it. Candidates always play to their strengths. He's great on stumps with proselytizing rhetoric and she's great at debates. That still doesn't negate the nescessity of debates.
I respect that you differ with Obama's positions (and yes, for all of you who like to say he has no substance, he absolutely does) but I ask this with all sincerity, BVH, do you really believe in the last debate Clinton showed her superior debating skills? Do you think that Obama did not provide as detailed answers to questions as Clinton did? Yes, he does inject the word change in many of his answers, just as Clinton injects the word "experience" in hers. Those are the core themes of their campaigns. In addition, every candidate uses rhetoric in his/her stump speeches and debates. Every Single One.

When I've seen the debates, I've heard "change", but I've also heard Obama intelligently articulate his positions beyond his "change" theme. I haven't seen Clinton beating Obama on her ability to articulate her position with superior detail or conviction.

I wish that people would say that they don't want Obama because they don't agree with his positions, not because he doesn't have any.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:37 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post
Yes!

Obama can now choose whether to debate her or not. The more the people meet him the more they are inclined to vote for him and therefore he needs to go to people directly. Why waste time in debating her(in which she is good), instead he should just go directly to the people---he is good one on one and in crowds.

Fight when and where you have the most chance of success. Why should he fight on her ground.

This is just stupid, she was the most powerful candidate when it all started. She had the money, she had the Bill clinton machine, all the crowd and most of the mayors(and their machine) supported her and she and her 35 year experience hasn't been able to knock this two term senator out.
you're an idiot, first of all he's been in the Senate for not even a full term, he was a Senator for 2 whole years before he started running for president.

a debate is fighting on her ground? what an assine statement that is. He's supposted to be a politician and he can't debate her? It's because everyone knows he's lacks the quality experience and peppers his speech with a bunch of ah's and um's everytime he speaks.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:46 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige65 View Post
I wish that people would say that they don't want Obama because they don't agree with his positions, not because he doesn't have any.
The positions that I've heard of his, I don't agree with. (Driver's licenses for illegals, bailout fund for foreclosures, and partial universal health -- don't agree with any of them.)

I'd like to hear more of them since I've only heard him in two debates -- not the 20 or so everyone says he's been involved in. I've only heard two.

Until he proves to me he is capable of doing the job, why should I vote for him? He doesn't have the experience McCain and Clinton do. I've also heard that he wants to talk to the leaders of the countries we don't agree with. Huh?

Since he doesn't want to debate anymore, I guess he doesn't want to try to sway Clinton/McCain voters either. So be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections