Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 08:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'm confused. I thought you conservatives are all for privatizing everything?
What does that have to do with a debate ?
Is that all you have ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 08:47 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,111,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What does that have to do with a debate ?
Is that all you have ?
Their network, their rule. What's there to complain about?

Old 02-04-2016, 08:48 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
ABC is a privately owned network.

You just FAILED a fact check.

El Nox

Old 02-04-2016, 08:50 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Cruz's PAC (the one with Glenn Beck connections) gave her a half a million, he owns her. She was once on my short list, now she's dead to me.
That PAC gave her money, because she needed it to stay in the race and was the only one, at the point in time, who could effectively hit Hillary.

Ted Cruz is a class act and being that Carly received more votes in Iowa than Kasich, Christie and Jeb, she should be allowed if they are allowed.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
He just wants someone up there who sounds so awful, he looks better.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:37 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,659,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Despite Republicans' calls, ABC declines to include Fiorina in debate - CNNPolitics.com

what kind of BS is this?? how can they decide not to include a candidate in a debate?

*Not saying this on behalf of Fiorina. I would say the same no matter who was told they "didn't make the cut".

what a disgrace, and a JOKE!
Did you just start paying attention?

They have been excluding candidates all along. I think the first debate had all of the candidates, but since then there has been an "undercard" featuring the losers, of which she is one.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:41 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times
If Cruz, the other candidates, or the RNC feel strongly about it they can threaten a boycott unless Fiorina is included.
What? They don't feel that strongly about it?

Old 02-05-2016, 12:48 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,625,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
The rules were set up before Iowa. They had no idea which undercards would drop out after Iowa. It could just as easily have been Rand Paul who was the only one excluded.
Again, I say, don't confuse people with facts......

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Santorum is endorsing Rubio but can't give one reason or accomplishment as to why he endorsed him! Says alot when even those who endorse you don't know why.

Rick Santorum endorses Marco Rubio for president but struggles to say why | US elections | News | The Independent
Santorum has turned into a shill, as the others have regarding the establishment. Hedge your bet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
It wasn't the GOP that made Americans buy health insurance policies against their will.
Good one, mm4....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
That PAC gave her money, because she needed it to stay in the race and was the only one, at the point in time, who could effectively hit Hillary.

Ted Cruz is a class act and being that Carly received more votes in Iowa than Kasich, Christie and Jeb, she should be allowed if they are allowed.
Because Cruz suggested it, it won't happen. I had disliked Carly for some time but, I had actually begun to appreciate her tenacity more. Lets make sure all the boys are included.....

Seeing some of the posts on these threads, I had begun to despair of any common sense, any semblance of fair play, would arise out of all of this mess. I see some very even handed, sensible posts and I am heartened.

I don't care who wins, except Rubio but, don't be a fool in the process. Wait, I do care.....

Old 02-05-2016, 03:56 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Of course he does. I'm not saying this judgmentally but when you are now the front runner, the more people that debate, the less heat on you.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Cruz wants Carly Fiorina included in the Republican debate on ABC Saturday night. She is the only one left that would be excluded by ABC, as Paul, Santorum and Huckabee dropped out this week.

Is it a coincidence that ABC wants to exclude the only Republican woman in the field this year? That very surely should not be ruled out as ABC's motivation here.
It was fine to have 8 candidates when the debate season first started, but now ABC thinks that number is too large. Ok, we all know she will not even be in the race much longer, but she certainly should be able to participate in he debate. ABC, please reconsider. You are going to have enough trouble drawing much of an audience on a Sat night, don't hurt yourself!!! Heck better than having her on, how about ABC letting Carly debate Hillary; that would be worth a watch even over he super bowl. She would put Hillary to shame.

Cruz, I don't like you, but I do resect your wanting Carly on the stage as well as the 7 guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections