Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 01:12 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
So 30% wouldn't vote for Trump. and that leaves 70% that would.

Bob.
When it comes down to the electoral college (Trump fans will be devastated to know that the Presidency isn't won through a national popular vote or popularity contest), that would be a trainwreck. Trump CANNOT win key swing states that Republicans need to win the Presidency. If you have any evidence to suggest otherwise, I'd love to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 05:49 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
So 30% wouldn't vote for Trump. and that leaves 70% that would.

Bob.
Not really... the 30% has trump pretty much in the category "not if he were the last man on earth", and all the rest range from "oh gawd yes!" to, "mebbee", to "oh pleeeze, let there be someone else so I don' t have to vote for him". That is NOT the same as 70% are committed to voting for him. It is more like 30% are committed to voting for him. No idea what they'll do if he doesn't win the nomination.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:50 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Trump CANNOT win key swing states that Republicans need to win the Presidency. If you have any evidence to suggest otherwise, I'd love to see it.
Exceedingly good challenge. I would love to see the evidence you have to support your first statement.

El Nox

Old 02-06-2016, 09:53 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Exceedingly good challenge. I would love to see the evidence you have to support your first statement.

El Nox
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Virginia: Trump vs. Clinton

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - New Hampshire: Trump vs. Clinton

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Iowa: Trump vs. Clinton

Trump's Unfavorable Rating Higher Than Any Dem Or GOP Nominee Ever | RedState

Old 02-06-2016, 09:57 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Or 30% who don't believe "Make America Great Again" is actually a plan for the country's future.
Well, it actually was a plan in 1979 when Reagan first used that slogan for his campaign, but Trump's attempt to recycle it just does not work now.

One would really think that with all his money, Trump could have paid a Donny Deutsch to come up with something original and current.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:11 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
One would really think that with all his money, Trump could have paid a Donny Deutsch to come up with something original and current.
There are so many disgusting things this campaign has revealed about Trump that it feels like piling on to say that one of them is what a cheapskate he is. Those cheesy cheap caps and even cheesier campaign ads, no or low-paid staff, amateur organization at caucus sites... Being frugal is one thing,but he comes over as miserly and that's way different.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:18 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
There are so many disgusting things this campaign has revealed about Trump that it feels like piling on to say that one of them is what a cheapskate he is. Those cheesy cheap caps and even cheesier campaign ads, no or low-paid staff, amateur organization at caucus sites... Being frugal is one thing,but he comes over as miserly and that's way different.
I disagree with your politics, but you're right here. Trump is the candidate of white trash. We will see how much white trash there is.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:18 PM

This is a quote from someone who responded to your last link:

nhconstitutionalist • 7 days ago Hands down no thumbs up for Thumper. Measuring Stubby's success at this point in the campaign is foolish as IA has 7 electoral votes and NH has 4 if delegates decide to go with their state's primary majority vote. NH allows registered Independents to vote in the primary choosing either the R or D ballot at that time, 41% of our voters are registered independents. Voters can switch back to their preference before they leave the polls. We also have to show a picture ID with our address, if only a PO Box appears then a valid document with your street address must also be included. Only registered voters are polled. However, I have personally been contacted by PEW Research on 6 occasions within a two week period with the same questions and only 6 republicans given as a choice. So just how accurate are these polls?
I'll reserve any form of judgment as to who MIGHT be the nomine until after Super Tuesday. But, it gives the meddling media an opportunity to continue to bang their bongos.

I agree with the highlighted portion of what this person says. And since you seem to enjoy running The Donald down ... keep it up. NH will tell many things and methinks you will get even more fired up to secrete metabolic waste on the front runner. BTW, thank you for the links.

El Nox

Old 02-06-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I disagree with your politics, but you're right here. Trump is the candidate of white trash. We will see how much white trash there is.
Well, since I support The Donald I guess I know what I am. Been called many things over the decades, but this one is a first for me. And since you disagree with biscuits politics, I invite you to look at my moniker.

O well.

El Nox

Old 02-06-2016, 10:28 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Well, since I support The Donald I guess I know what I am. Been called many things over the decades, but this one is a first for me. And since you disagree with biscuits politics, I invite you to look at my moniker.

O well.

El Nox
The truth hurts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections