Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 09:39 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,646 times

Advertisements

As a Viet Nam era vet I believe in Carly's world military strategies not seen in any of the candidates of either party. She is a born leader and an astonishingly intelligent person. I originally felt she may make a great VP ,but that turned out to be a poor choice as she personifies the ingredients to be not only President, but potentially the best commander in chief. Additionally, she represents a christian with a sincere belief in Jesus Christ a quality essential in such a position. Admittedly Hillary has has lnks or has networked with world leaders, but is no match for Carly who I view as the best overall candidate with Ben Carson or Rubio as VP. Bernie Sanders would also make a great "advisory" VP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 09:42 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,451,996 times
For whatever reason, the media totally ignores her. She could give 300 speeches and you'd never hear about it, while every speech that Trump makes is commented on.

I remember the old days when the people chose the candidates, and not the media.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:07 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,617 times
Well unless you move to New Hampshire this weekend I doubt you will have any opportunity to support her this time.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:07 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
As a Viet Nam era vet I believe in Carly's world military strategies not seen in any of the candidates of either party.
I have not seen any world military strategies from Fiorina, just a plan to supersize the military to ensure peace through strength. What Fiorina "world military strategies" do you believe in?

Old 02-05-2016, 10:10 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
Her time at HP hurts her, lots of ex-HP employees, I'm afraid. Even though she is a good debater and the second richest GOP candidate, second only to Trump. She is smart but not sure she is electable.

Last edited by NewbieHere; 02-05-2016 at 11:01 PM..

Old 02-05-2016, 10:13 PM

35,662 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Sales person /marketer--- but does not know her product.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:22 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
She is too hyper to be POTUS, not grounded. I have a son on active duty and I would not want her as the Commander-in-Chief. I do not dislike her as I do most of the other candidates and think she has been judged unfairly all too often, maybe a cabinet position might work for her.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
As a Viet Nam era vet I believe in Carly's world military strategies not seen in any of the candidates of either party. She is a born leader and an astonishingly intelligent person. I originally felt she may make a great VP ,but that turned out to be a poor choice as she personifies the ingredients to be not only President, but potentially the best commander in chief. Additionally, she represents a christian with a sincere belief in Jesus Christ a quality essential in such a position. Admittedly Hillary has has lnks or has networked with world leaders, but is no match for Carly who I view as the best overall candidate with Ben Carson or Rubio as VP. Bernie Sanders would also make a great "advisory" VP.
She is knowledgeable, yes, a natural leader and a great speaker. But she isn't going anywhere. Had the race not had 3 outsides it may have been different. Sooner or later we will have a woman running with honesty and class that is electable, but not this time around.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:53 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Let's see. In just a handful of years, Carly Fiorina ruined Western Electric, Bell Labs, and Hewlett Packard. Many 10s of 1000s of jobs destroyed in the process while she made herself rich from it.

Nope. I hope this wicked witch of the west returns to her cave never to be seen again.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:01 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
For whatever reason, the media totally ignores her. She could give 300 speeches and you'd never hear about it, while every speech that Trump makes is commented on.

I remember the old days when the people chose the candidates, and not the media.
I mean, the media didn't ignore her when she was up in the polls. I heard time and again singing her praises for her debate performances and ability to think on her feet. Unfortunately, each new 'bump' she got after a debate was then followed by a large downward spiral.

She is not going to be a player in this election so the media has lost interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections