Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 01:04 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times

Advertisements

Trump is gradually falling back to his "natural" level of about 25% of Republicans - the uneducated, dis/malcontents, bigots, Obama-haters, and crazies among others. He is not going to win with that level of support, but it will stay with him to the convention if he chooses to go that long and he will force the Republicans into fighting among themselves to decide a nominee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 01:06 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I think Trump may have cold feet and might just be trying to sabotage his own campaign.
I'm getting that impression as well. But then again I've had doubts from day one about whether he seriously wanted to become POTUS.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:29 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Trump says he'll bring out worse interrogation techniques - much worse - than water boarding. Can someone tell me what types of techniques me might be talking about?

Torture?
Make them watch episodes of SpongeBob while they are water boarding them.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Make them watch episodes of SpongeBob while they are water boarding them.
I'm gonna go with CatDog.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:06 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
get a clue, the audience was packed with donors and the establishment....hardly any tickets for the public.

Trump got booed by the Bush's donors......you can tell that anything Jeb said he got big applause for 1 side of the room and they were loud. Its a tactic of the Bush camp to turn his campaign around and create this fake "surge" for Jeb.
RNC says different - 75 donors. 20 tickets for each candidate. St. Anselm, which is the hosting college, got a lot of tickets. Maybe all the college kids were pretty disgusted by trump?

But, according to you and trump, Bush's 20 tickets all got together and made noise, 'on one side', although the noise was clearly all over the event hall, eh? NO, trump was booed by ordinary people who were offended by him. bummer. As he kept talking, he was booed and booed and booed. It only stopped when he finally shut up. bummer.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:14 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Trump is losing ground Now, in New Hampshire. Not hanging around over this week-end has cost him and a few polls have Cruz and Rubio closing fast.

If Trump blows New Hampshire, as he ignorantly did Iowa, he is Toast. It is truly Stoopid on his part, to leave Now.

Trump was repeatedly in and out of both venues. He's made choices, just as every other candidate has. If that's not good enough, or offends the sensitivities and sensibilities of the locals to the point that they change their support....they deserve what they get.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:19 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
name me 1 poll that says Christie or Kasich or Jeb won the debate? .....name 1 and your 1 opinion is not a poll.

all the polls including GLENN BECK's the Blaze website who is gun ho for Cruz and very anti-Trump had Trump winning the debate in his poll.
Oh wait... here's a poll that lists Christie first, then Kasich, then Bush
GOP debate winners and losers | TheHill

You wanted 1: I got 1 - what do I win? So NOT ALL THE POLLS had trump winning the debate.

Oh, here is another:
Who won the Republican debate? Pros rate Christie, 2016 field | NJ.com
Since they asked several talking head types, the answers are all over the place, but at least one says Christie, and another says the three governors.

darnit, the GOP website makes you sign in , so I didn't bother going there... but did notice that they had the candidates in alphabetical order, with bush first and trump last. just a funny observation!
https://www.gop.com/who-won-debate/

Edited to add:
Got another one - this guy graded everyone, and Kasich got an "A".
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/07/opinio...-debate-coach/

Last edited by kat in aiken; 02-07-2016 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: add more comment

Old 02-07-2016, 05:23 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Rubio is the man they want.. and Hillary too. Puppets for corruption that has been in for a long time.

WE THE PEOPLE MUST STAY STRONG..if we falter , and believe the media , this country is doomed for destruction and the little people will be less than insignificant.

Our citizenship here is already cheapened this past decade or two by both parties. The rich will run us into the ground and into a third world country and also into a one world government. It will be hell for the next generations to come. We are at the crossroads for this country to build it up , or destroy its people.
I agree too. I'm a big Sanders supporter (but I can't vote for him since I'm independent), but I think Hillary is going to be elected. On the GOP side, it's Rubio first, Bush as backup. There is usually a backup in place in case the preferred one tanks.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:48 PM

3,837 posts, read 1,787,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Oh wait... here's a poll that lists Christie first, then Kasich, then Bush
GOP debate winners and losers | TheHill

You wanted 1: I got 1 - what do I win? So NOT ALL THE POLLS had trump winning the debate.

Oh, here is another:
Who won the Republican debate? Pros rate Christie, 2016 field | NJ.com
Since they asked several talking head types, the answers are all over the place, but at least one says Christie, and another says the three governors.

darnit, the GOP website makes you sign in , so I didn't bother going there... but did notice that they had the candidates in alphabetical order, with bush first and trump last. just a funny observation!
https://www.gop.com/who-won-debate/

Edited to add:
Got another one - this guy graded everyone, and Kasich got an "A".
Debate Coach: Only one candidate got an A - CNN.com

hey thanks for posting

Old 02-07-2016, 11:58 PM

3,837 posts, read 1,787,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't really see winners or losers so much in the debate unless it is clear, like with Rubio last night that just left him with a silly grin on his face after being embarrassed by Christie.

Trump is looking very Presidential these days.

look I know your a Trump fan but he did not look presidential at all. Maybe go back and watch how he treated Jeb Bush. Can you honestly say that is presidential material?

Last edited by Wintergirl80; 02-08-2016 at 12:25 AM.. Reason: edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections