Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 08:25 AM

8,628 posts, read 9,134,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Being paid tens of millions of dollars by the richest people in the country when she was planning to run for president constitutes a conflict of interest. How can she serve the public faithfully? Big money in politics is completely destroying the American democracy.

They are buying influence and know they are getting a good return on investment.

Hillary Clinton Helped UBS Avoid the IRS
It could be the main reason she violated her security clearance with the State Department. She has plenty to hide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 08:35 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,755,100 times
Hilary can enough by foreign government too, not just Wall Street. Her SIL helped pass name from his firm too. If the Democrats elected Hilary because they are also corrupted people. Knowing full well what she and her family are but still elect them.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:10 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,359,747 times
He is absolutely right.

Clinton's ties to Wall Street aren't a big revelation:

Why Wall St. doesn't care about Hillary's cold shoulder

Quote:
Wall Street gets it. And Wall Street Democrats, in particular get it.

Hillary Clinton has been postponing fundraisers with financial executives ahead of the New Hampshire primary. But don't expect folks on Wall Street to be offended that Clinton is distancing herself from them. In fact, they see it as smart politics and they understand that Wall Street banks are deeply unpopular, particularly with the Democratic primary base voters, according to a survey of several prominent Wall Street Democrats by CNBC.

"Everybody knows how the world works," said one Democrat working at a Wall Street bank. "If you take offense to that, you're really unsophisticated."

For Hillary supporters on Wall Street, the focus is very much on keeping Bernie Sanders — who they see as much, much, worse for Wall Street — away from the Democratic nomination for president. "Democrats like me say: 'Do what you need to do to get in the seat,' " said the Wall Street Democrat.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:16 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
When she was first lady, Warren sat her down and told her to reject a creditor friendly Bankruptcy Reform due to it's practical consequences towards Middle and Working class people. She successfully convinced Bill that it was a bad idea and the bill wasn't passed.

When she became a Senator, she voted for that exact same bill following investment into her by those creditors into her as a politician.

Money does have influence, she thinks we're stupid not to think otherwise.

Warren on Clinton's policy changes due to campaign contributions

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=12mJ-U76nfg

Old 02-06-2016, 11:35 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Hillary refuses to release transcripts of her speeches to the big banks. Says people aren't interested.

This Is What Hillary Told Wall Street Behind Closed Doors | Zero Hedge

Old 02-06-2016, 11:36 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hillary got quite upset when Bernie accused her of being a Wall Street Puppet. Said that Bernie was running a "smear campaign". Yet the truth speaks for itself as the article shows.

Clinton is completely beholding to Wall Street.

I can't imagine why anyone would support a candidate that takes such money to this extent.

Sanders Slams Hillary As Wall Street Puppet Ahead Of Critical New Hampshire Primary
Opps I messed up the OP. Here is the link to the article.

Sanders Slams Hillary As Wall Street Puppet Ahead Of Critical New Hampshire Primary | Zero Hedge

Old 02-06-2016, 01:03 PM

7,634 posts, read 8,705,627 times
“Enough is enough. If you’ve got something to say, say it directly.” So b*tch sounding.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:37 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
“Enough is enough. If you’ve got something to say, say it directly.” So b*tch sounding.
See, I disagree. I believe she simply laid down the gauntlet for Sanders to stop dancing around his same buzzwords and phrases that are becoming stale retorts and literally just state whatever it is that he wants people to know. I consider that straight-shooting on her part, and his blustery non-response was a sign that he really *doesn't* have much to add. I admired her for pressing him on that point.

Edited to add ... why is it "b*tch" sounding to respond with exasperation to endless badgering ... because it came from a woman? Would you call a male candidate a b*tch for responding in a like tone?

Last edited by ATX Wahine; 02-06-2016 at 01:46 PM..

Old 02-06-2016, 02:27 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
See, I disagree. I believe she simply laid down the gauntlet for Sanders to stop dancing around his same buzzwords and phrases that are becoming stale retorts and literally just state whatever it is that he wants people to know. I consider that straight-shooting on her part, and his blustery non-response was a sign that he really *doesn't* have much to add. I admired her for pressing him on that point.

Edited to add ... why is it "b*tch" sounding to respond with exasperation to endless badgering ... because it came from a woman? Would you call a male candidate a b*tch for responding in a like tone?
The reason why he doesnt go all out is precisely because as you say, the media will frame it as misogynist and severely hurt him. She is trying to lure him in with the "I am not the establishment, as I am a woman". This is precisely what happened when Hillary ran against Lazio in NY when he demanded that she sign a pledge to stop relying on dark money to fund her campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMJZo4UeTYQ

Old 02-06-2016, 02:35 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,552,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I agree with you on this. He can be a straight shooter and not be perceived as hitting below the belt. His hesitancy not to confront her with what every body else is thinking does bother me.

He's made the statement that the business of wall street is fraud. Thems some fightin' words. And people appreciate it. Why he repeatedly backs down when confronted by Clinton is beyond me. Going toe to toe with your opponent doesn't mean you don't respect them.

I know he's trying to push the populist message "not me, us", but the his unwillingness to engage at this level is a weakness in my opinion, and it's not the first time I've acknowledged this.

I also didn't like that for the majority of the previous debate, he kind of let Hillary lead the conversation. He needs to be more offensive, quicker on his feet, and stop resorting so much to his tired sound bytes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections