U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-09-2016, 09:57 AM
 
66,239 posts, read 30,145,317 times
Reputation: 8606

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Why not add a tax credit for middle class folks if you are so worried?
I don't see Bernie suggesting that. In fact, he has stated that he would raise everyone's taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2016, 09:58 AM
 
12,707 posts, read 4,594,370 times
Reputation: 5152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
How? Explain the actual mechanics of this theft.
By crashing the economy and then their puppet politicians advocating that we balance the budget on the backs of the elderly, the disabled, the mentally ill and the vets who had nothing to do with the crash that caused the debt to skyrocket. Its what they did in the 80s as well with the savings and loans crisis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Chicago
5,559 posts, read 3,661,061 times
Reputation: 2181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
How? Explain the actual mechanics of this theft.
It's actually quite simple. The Fed prints $trillions and funnels it all to the Billionaire Class via the banks and corporations that they own.

It's a game of Monopoly where everyone starts with $500 (the working family) and one player gets unlimited access to free money. The results are obvious. All made possible with the repeal of Glass-Steagall which was a plan hatched by the Republican Party with a big assist from Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 10:00 AM
 
12,707 posts, read 4,594,370 times
Reputation: 5152
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't see Bernie suggesting that.
Nope, it is in the proposal. A tax credit for households making 75k a year. If you dont even know what it is about, why do you even discuss it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Secure Bunker
5,464 posts, read 2,487,127 times
Reputation: 5242
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Funny how countries with a proper social safety net have MORE people working than America, not less. This idea that it is so great to live like starvin' Marvin in a double wide on social security that no one will work is insane silliness.

We have a proper safety net. Over half of government spending is on social programs.

And if you're referring to European countries and their employment rates you really have no argument. Some have less than the US but many have much more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mployment_rate

And most of those states don't have a non-stop flood of illegal labor pouring across their borders each day. We do... we've had it for 40 years and yet we STILL beat most of them on employment numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 10:03 AM
 
12,707 posts, read 4,594,370 times
Reputation: 5152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
We have a proper safety net. Over half of government spending is on social programs.

And if you're referring to European countries and their employment rates you really have no argument. Some have less than the US but many have much more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mployment_rate

And most of those states don't have a non-stop flood of illegal labor pouring across their borders each day. We do... we've had it for 40 years and yet we STILL beat most of them on employment numbers.
Wait, arent you a right winger who for a long time have questioned the Obama unemployment figures and said that employment numbers/labor force participation rates are what matters?

Look at the employment numbers in countries with a proper social safety net (northern Europe, Australia, NZ). They all have much higher employment figures than the US.

Why do you think countries with a proper social safety net have higher employment figures than the US?

Try going without a job in the US. You will be living on the streets or you'll have to beg starvin' Marvin for a room in the double wide. You dont live when you're a low income person in the US. You just exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 10:04 AM
 
66,239 posts, read 30,145,317 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Nope, it is in the proposal. A tax credit for households making 75k a year.
A tax credit of what? How much? How is the amount determined? Let's see the specifics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Secure Bunker
5,464 posts, read 2,487,127 times
Reputation: 5242
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
It's actually quite simple. The Fed prints $trillions and funnels it all to the Billionaire Class via the banks and corporations that they own.

It's a game of Monopoly where everyone starts with $500 (the working family) and one player gets unlimited access to free money. The results are obvious. All made possible with the repeal of Glass-Steagall which was a plan hatched by the Republican Party with a big assist from Clinton.
And who makes that necessary and possible? Private companies? No. The federal government does.

You're aiming your weapon at the wrong people. I know it's populist to hate big corporations (often for no rational reason whatsoever) but the cold reality is that all of this is enabled by politicians in Washington DC.

You hate crony capiltalism? Good! Ask yourself who makes that possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 10:08 AM
 
66,239 posts, read 30,145,317 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
And who makes that necessary and possible? Private companies? No. The federal government does.

You're aiming your weapon at the wrong people. I know it's populist to hate big corporations (often for no rational reason whatsoever) but the cold reality is that all of this is enabled by politicians in Washington DC.

You hate crony capiltalism? Good! Ask yourself who makes that possible.
Bernie's been a co-conspirator in that for 25 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 10:08 AM
 
12,707 posts, read 4,594,370 times
Reputation: 5152
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
A tax credit of what? How much? How is the amount determined? Let's see the specifics.
Hah! You claim to be so hard-working and not lazy, yet you keep repeating yourself endlessly about something you havent even looked at and read. Oh, the irony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:30 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top