U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 01:16 PM

9,150 posts, read 16,556,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Since you refuse to answer questions directed to you I really don't wish to waste my time.
Sorry. The answer is, I don't know. Directly, 10 purchases of mutual funds (not sure how many shares each) via my 401(k) before I changed jobs, probably $600 worth. I have no idea how many trades the fund manager made in the account, though.

Quote:
You just pulled this out your backside.
I don't post anything that can't be verified.

Bernie Sanders Wants to Tax Stock Trades to Pay for Free College - Bloomberg Politics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 01:18 PM

5,559 posts, read 3,660,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Sorry. The answer is, I don't know. Directly, 10 purchase of mutual fund via my 401(k) before I changed jobs, probably $600 worth. I have no idea how many trades the fund manager made in the account, though.

I don't post anything that can't be verified.

Bernie Sanders Wants to Tax Stock Trades to Pay for Free College - Bloomberg Politics
This is not the type of trade that Bernie is looking at. He's more interested in the billions of Robo trades being executed on the dark exchanges that are murdering our market exchange system.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:20 PM

77,834 posts, read 33,217,702 times
Quote:
Sorry. The answer is, I don't know. Directly, 10 purchase of mutual fund via my 401(k) before I changed jobs, probably $600 worth. I have no idea how many trades the fund manager made in the account, though.
A partial answer but you just couldn't resist pulling more numbers out your backside though.

An article quoting some group I've never heard of before.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:21 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,486,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
The U.S. currently has the most expensive health care system by far with expectations equivalent of countries like Cuba. I have no idea what people are so enamored with other than they actually believe the propaganda of the medical industry - and that is all it is an industry. We can trade in our system for any other system in any developed country and do better. In a recent rating, the U.S. system came in dead last for care and an easy first in the probability of bankrupting a family. It's a decrepit system.

Total nonsense. Ever seen what an actual Cuban hospital, for the average Cuban, actually looks like?

Free Healthcare? |

Old 02-09-2016, 01:23 PM

9,150 posts, read 16,556,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
This is not the type of trade that Bernie is looking at. He's more interested in the billions of Robo trades being executed on the dark exchanges that are murdering our market exchange system.
And my point is, when and where has he specified that the market activity of small investors won't be subject to this tax? If what you say is really true, the information has to be out there somewhere. Anyone who supports Sanders as vehemently as some of the folks on here claim to support him should have this information at their fingertips.

Unless they just picked Sanders because he talks a good game and now he's their guy. Which I'm pretty sure is the case for some of these posters. Go Bears!! I mean, Go Bernie!!

Old 02-09-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
And my point is, when and where has he specified that the market activity of small investors won't be subject to this tax? If what you say is really true, the information has to be out there somewhere. Anyone who supports Sanders as vehemently as some of the folks on here claim to support him should have this information at their fingertips.
Is it your contention that you as a small investor should be excluded and not responsible for any part of the $19 trillion deficit?

As a small investor your share is going to be quite small but as a citizen of the country why is none of the debt your responsibility?

Old 02-09-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Total nonsense. Ever seen what an actual Cuban hospital, for the average Cuban, actually looks like?

Free Healthcare? |
Healthcare is all about preventative care so people don't have to go to hospitals where they are methodically bankrupt. Life expectancy in Cuba is equivalent to someone in the U.S. with a fraction of the likelihood of ending up vegetating in a hospital. It all depends upon what and where people want to spend their retirement years. If the hospital is appealing and one wants to bequeath their entire life's earnings to the hospital, then the U.S system is perfect.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:32 PM

6,432 posts, read 3,045,397 times
Quote:

Unless they just picked Sanders because he talks a good game and now he's their guy. Which I'm pretty sure is the case for some of these posters. Go Bears!! I mean, Go Bernie!!
Exactly, you can be sure if he was offering up a juicy tax credit it would be front and center on his website. There is no tax credit.

And the inability of such rabid supporters to produce it is very odd. Fact is you can google it six different ways to Sunday and you will find NO information on this non-existent tax credit, which is as it should be lol, and why they cant produce it.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Exactly, you can be sure if he was offering up a juicy tax credit it would be front and center on his website. There is no tax credit.
I have no idea if there will or won't be but there shouldn't be. (See above)

Quote:
And the inability of such rabid supporters to produce it is very odd. Fact is you can google it six different ways to Sunday and you will find NO information on this non-existent tax credit, which is as it should be lol, and why they cant produce it.
Why are you so eager to get out of your share of the debt?

Old 02-09-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:

You know as well as I know it is Congress that is going to decide the specifics.

As I said, the only thing that can be meaningful to truly change direction is to bring back Glass-Steagall. All the candidates who understand this are marginalized because that is the very, very last thing that the Billionaire Class wants because it is the precise vehicle which allows them to steal $trillions from the American people. It is the critical economic/political issue. The c only other c adoration would be to disband the Fed which would be fine with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or