U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 08:14 AM

3,829 posts, read 2,781,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
That's a highly simplified, cartoonish understanding of the past. Its the same understanding almost all Sanders supporters have of the past.

The communists know how to get their country at "full employment". They prohibit machines that take eliminate jobs of humans. Why allow a robot when there are 10 people that need a job?? How about making shovels illegal and forcing everyone to use a spoon??? That will create more jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 08:19 AM

3,829 posts, read 2,781,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the only way to pay off the debt is to declare bankruptcy and start over. if anyone complains about it, arrest the bankers like Iceland did and let them pay for the debt.

If the US tried that, China would launch an invasion the next day to get something for their money from the fire sale.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:20 AM

1,300 posts, read 825,412 times
Just came here to say that I don't care what Sanders stands for, I don't want him to win.

Today he's sitting down with Al EFFING Sharpton for breakfast in Harlem and supposedly seeking his endorsement?!??!?! Yeah screw him. I can't support anyone that wants effing Sharpton on their side. >_>

Old 02-10-2016, 08:36 AM

23,280 posts, read 17,326,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Just came here to say that I don't care what Sanders stands for, I don't want him to win.

Today he's sitting down with Al EFFING Sharpton for breakfast in Harlem and supposedly seeking his endorsement?!??!?! Yeah screw him. I can't support anyone that wants effing Sharpton on their side. >_>
He already has Belafonte's endorsement.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:44 AM

4,825 posts, read 2,322,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Thats not malarkey. Even if you know 500 of those, there are still hundreds of thousands who are shut out because of a lack of money. Families are all different. Some come from families where the mother died, has disabled siblings, working minimum wage but finding it impossible to go to college. This isnt the 1950s anymore where a high school education was enough to do well. Its 2016 and a college education is the equivalent of high school in the past. And high school is fully funded by the taxpayer.

what should be done is promoting trade schools because not everyone is college material. I would hope that one of the criteria of a free collage education is that you have to obtain a marketable degree and not graduate with worthless degrees.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:52 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,327,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
According to the lead article, it's not clear whether that $14.5 trillion is annual or ten year. But economically, when ordinary people have more money, they spend it and that is highly stimulative due to their direct spending and the multiplier effect.

In addition, Mr. Sanders has been very clear where the tax money comes from, Wall Street taxes and increases on income taxes, primarily aimed at the wealthy. But he does think middle-class taxes would rise if his universal health plan is adopted but the cost of those tax increases would be more than offset by obviation of insurance premiums.
You completely ignored the question,

WHERE WILL THAT MONEY COME FROM?

You arent raising taxes $1.5 trillion a year, no way in hell..

taxing the rich, doesnt come close since they dont even have that much wealth, let alone make it yearly...

stop and think before you post and promote such stupid ideologies.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:53 AM

66,238 posts, read 30,119,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

Today he's sitting down with Al EFFING Sharpton for breakfast in Harlem and supposedly seeking his endorsement?!??!?!
Exactly. Sharpton? That's who Sanders reaches out to to get minorities on board? How f*cking old school racist is that?!?

Old 02-10-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I saw a unicorn the other day.
So you dont know what Sanders is running around telling people his proposals would accomplish, and when others actually point them out to you, even you, doubt they are true?

haha

Bernie Sanders Momentum Grows After Strong Performance At CNN New Hampshire Town Hall | Politicus USA

Sanders was asked by an audience member if he was going to raise taxes on the middle-class. Sanders explained his comprehensive health care plan that would raise taxes by $500 but save $5,000 in healthcare costs. The audience member responded that he would be happy to pay more taxes if it would lower his health insurance premiums.

You'll still defend and promote him, while attacking others for pointing out his proposed solutions are completely ridiculous..

Old 02-10-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
History shows when you help the little guy it helps everyone. I do think there is merit in stealing billions in profits from greedy capitalists who really create nothing. We don't need a national health plan, we need to nationalize the entire health industry. There is a big difference.
Is that why we have record numbers, living in poverty?

Old 02-10-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Well, hundreds of thousands of bright young pupils can not go to university because of their poor family background. Its a massive loss of potential both for the individual and the economy. A well educated population is less likely to commit crime as well, so you'll be paying less for incarceration, which is a huge expense on the budget.
Bull ****.. PELL GRANTS, scholarships, and even the military provides college educational costs paid for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or