Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 10:49 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm mostly conservative but I don't walk anyone's company line. Explain to me why we need Billionaires and stockholders in the medical field? There are 1000 other ways to make a million dollars in America.
Yep....things that are not optional should not be investment vehicles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 10:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yep....things that are not optional should not be investment vehicles.
hahaha.. so now we're going to have the government determine "needs"...

you guys are a trip.. I have to wonder sometimes if you guys are just saying this stuff for the readers humor..

Old 02-10-2016, 10:52 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
That's not what was said. What he said was costs to consumers. Yes we can greatly cut those costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Only 'cost to the consumers'? So where the hell do you think the rest is going to come from?
still wondering where you think it'll come from..

Old 02-10-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
still wondering where you think it'll come from..
I didn't answer as I have no clue what you are rambling about and didn't want to waste my time trying to find out.

It's all been covered many times. We can enact large savings with real and actual health care reform. The odd thing is, Trump is arguing the same thing. It's one area I agree with him on.

You support Trump, right?

Old 02-10-2016, 11:56 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,267,886 times
Quote:
It's really irrelevant as to my position. Students should at least be treated as well as corrupt bankers.
But it's 100% relevant to statements you made. The ones that aren't true. And the only reason it's irrelevant is that you don't want to admit that you were wrong.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:16 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
I would still like to hear from someone who supports Trump or any other one running from president how they plan to fix this county...Oh wait never mind they don't have a clue as to fix anything just more of the same crap as Bush/Obama which is nothing.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:21 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
I support doing this. The GOP passed Obama's jobs transfer bill. Sanders voted against it.

So to make sure we are clear here. Obama proposed a new trade bill that will run off more jobs, the GOP passed it with Sanders voting no, but Sanders is the bad guy?

A bit of a generalization without details. That said, real, actual health care reform can bring costs down to corporations. This would be a bad thing?

How much could industry save by having a truly educated work force to choose from?

Again, something Sanders supports, not anyone else.

Sanders wants to make it more costly for businesses to pack up and leave but still do business here.

Sanders has long supported enforcing our border laws.
1. Nope- Sanders was right

2. What do you mean by "healthcare reform"? Keep in mind that everything has an actual cost. Nurses and providers need to be paid, facilities need to keep thier doors open, and meds need to be purchased. We just had a "reform" in the form of Obamacare, which incresed costs and is a disaster.

3. educated work force?
a. that is great if jobs are available
b. we don't have enough US kids going into engineering and computer science
c. flooding the nation with uneducated, unskilled illegals does nothing for the nation
d. we need to stop granting J-1 visas when there are US citizens qualified to fill jobs
e. when US families do not value education, they can expect a lower standard of living

4. Trump supports ditching NAFTA, China trade policy, Pacific Rim, and reinstituting Glass-Steagle

5. You can't FORCE a company to stay here. You CAN provide incentives to attract new business and keep buisness here.

6. Sanders is soft on immigration. He is far from Trump on this issue.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:22 PM

771 posts, read 1,459,422 times
First, I doubt these numbers are accurate, I wish it was as simple as that.

Second, if Sanders wins but his victory isn't paired with the Democrats winning a majority in both branches of Congress (which doesn't seem likely), Sanders won't be able to implement large parts of his agenda. This is one of the reasons Obama was able to implement big changes in his first two years in office, because Americans didn't only give him the presidency, but also important majorities in both branches of Congress. Without that, you can only expect slow change and a lot of give and take, which is exactly the way it should be in a divided country and its the whole purpose of a multiparty system.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
But it's 100% relevant to statements you made. The ones that aren't true. And the only reason it's irrelevant is that you don't want to admit that you were wrong.
I've been wrong about nothing. I'm not the one afraid to answer questions.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:30 PM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm mostly conservative but I don't walk anyone's company line. Explain to me why we need Billionaires and stockholders in the medical field? There are 1000 other ways to make a million dollars in America.
Regarding those "and stockholders"... they're these people:

$27 trillion in pension savings means lots of attention | Fiduciary Matters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections