U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2016, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Dallas
5,601 posts, read 4,943,009 times
Reputation: 16459

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm not sure which is worse, Trump saying it or how much his supporters love it. It proves his earlier point, he can say anything and not lose support. I don't see how that's a compliment to his supporters but I would be extremely embarrassed to have him as a president. There he is standing among world leaders but talking like someone from a back alley. They say he has no friends and I believe it.
I don't know who "they" are, but out of all the comments made to disparage Trump, the statement that he has no friends is one I have never heard. Most of the people who deal with him on a personal level say he is friendly and charming and quite likeable.

Plus he has hobnobbed with the rich and famous, old money and new. He does business with people from all over the world. I think he knows how to conduct himself with decorum.

All this silly pearl clutching over the "p" word is getting old. It was a rally - a raucous rally - and the comment was funny. Trump's reaction to it and his admonishment to the woman who said it was funny. I knew the minute I saw it there would be this over-the-top reaction, and sure enough - I was right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2016, 08:29 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
14,696 posts, read 9,742,217 times
Reputation: 12257
Pearl clutching...interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 08:33 PM
 
18,175 posts, read 11,153,762 times
Reputation: 9515
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I don't know who "they" are, but out of all the comments made to disparage Trump, the statement that he has no friends is one I have never heard. Most of the people who deal with him on a personal level say he is friendly and charming and quite likeable.

Plus he has hobnobbed with the rich and famous, old money and new. He does business with people from all over the world. I think he knows how to conduct himself with decorum.

All this silly pearl clutching over the "p" word is getting old. It was a rally - a raucous rally - and the comment was funny. Trump's reaction to it and his admonishment to the woman who said it was funny. I knew the minute I saw it there would be this over-the-top reaction, and sure enough - I was right.
Obviously his supporters find his crude behavior charming. I just think he's a classless pig that inherited money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 08:37 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,778 posts, read 16,854,796 times
Reputation: 26315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Obviously his supporters find his crude behavior charming. I just think he's a classless pig that inherited money.
Sounds like jealousy. He got a million. Yes, that is a lot, but it was he that turned that in to billions. You do realize how many millions it takes to create a single billion, right? Why don't you try it? Take $10 and turn it in to $100. Take that $100, turn it in to $1000. Take that $1000, turn it in to $10,000, etc. Envy is ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
8,071 posts, read 5,401,668 times
Reputation: 5654
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Trump is the gift that keeps on giving. He is like the crazy elderly person in your family that doesn't have a censor. I'm waiting for him to use racial slurs. LOL
Yep, he will probably do that a day or two before Super Tuesday

Will he use the s or n word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
14,696 posts, read 9,742,217 times
Reputation: 12257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Sounds like jealousy. He got a million. Yes, that is a lot, but it was he that turned that in to billions. You do realize how many millions it takes to create a single billion, right? Why don't you try it? Take $10 and turn it in to $100. Take that $100, turn it in to $1000. Take that $1000, turn it in to $10,000, etc. Envy is ugly.
You could give that million to people to invest in real estate and 99% of them will lose it all. The people who criticize Trump haven't made a cent investing capital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 08:41 PM
 
18,175 posts, read 11,153,762 times
Reputation: 9515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Sounds like jealousy. He got a million. Yes, that is a lot, but it was he that turned that in to billions. You do realize how many millions it takes to create a single billion, right? Why don't you try it? Take $10 and turn it in to $100. Take that $100, turn it in to $1000. Take that $1000, turn it in to $10,000, etc. Envy is ugly.
He declared bankruptcy four times and with all that money and privilege, he still has no class. I'm sure he would tell the Prime Minister of any given country, when they winced at his behavior, that they were just jealous. It's like nominating Rodney Dangerfield from Caddyshack. Money does not equal class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 08:41 PM
 
1,900 posts, read 833,005 times
Reputation: 1610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Yep, he will probably do that a day or two before Super Tuesday

Will he use the s or n word.

Wouldn't matter.
His followers would just cheer all the same in the name of being NON-PC!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 08:45 PM
 
18,175 posts, read 11,153,762 times
Reputation: 9515
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Wouldn't matter.
His followers would just cheer all the same in the name of being NON-PC!!!!
Exactly. The cruder he is, the more they love it. One can only imagine the kind of conversation they have around the dinner table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 08:46 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,778 posts, read 16,854,796 times
Reputation: 26315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
He declared bankruptcy four times and with all that money and privilege, he still has no class. I'm sure he would tell the Prime Minister of any given country, when they winced at his behavior, that they were just jealous. It's like nominating Rodney Dangerfield from Caddyshack. Money does not equal class.
Proving that you have no clue how business works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:34 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top