U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 03:49 AM

45,507 posts, read 18,042,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
God help us if this creep is elected President. How could anyone of good character believe Trump is worthy of the office of POTUS? He's deceiving a lot of people, but they should at least be able to see he doesn't haven't the temperament to fill that role properly.
How is he deceiving anyone? You guys are down to the point of examining every single speech and movement that he makes. Now we have a whole topic because Trump uttered a profanity.

You should be much more worried about candidates who are taking huge amounts of money from PACs, Banks, etc and holding secret fundraisers with them all while refusing to talk about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 03:55 AM

58,200 posts, read 41,059,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Well, I was clicking thru the channels and I saw Rachel Maddow feigning embarrassment over Trump's choice of words. Rachel Maddow. Seriously? Now, that was funny.

Maybe it's just me. I spent years of active duty in the military (before they turned the service into a gentler, kinder force) and I heard every conceivable foul word that you can imagine. I'm just used to it. I guess context is everything. And Trump's assessment is still accurate: Cruz is a pu$$y.
Perhaps Cruz will go the 'eye for an eye' route and assess Trump?

If Donny wants the gloves off everybody oughta take 'em off.

It'd be fun watching Mr. 'I can say what I want but don't you dare talk bad about me' sing the blues.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:00 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,255,180 times
Quote:
God help us if this creep is elected President. How could anyone of good character believe Trump is worthy of the office of POTUS? He's deceiving a lot of people, but they should at least be able to see he doesn't haven't the temperament to fill that role properly.
He (Trump) has admitted that this is an act that he plans on changing once elected. He seems to know what to say to keep in the headlines. Nobody is talking about the other candidates (except Rubio yesterday). This is Trump's way of staying on the front page. I'm not a fan of his, but you've got to give him (or his handlers/advisers) credit.

I imagine there are voters completely put off by him (like you and me), but he never had a chance with them in the first place.

BTW, if I used a lot of the profane language that Trump used during my military career, I'd be relieved of duty and up for sexual harassment.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:09 AM

2,047 posts, read 1,116,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Ah - he's not pretending unlike the other candidates who are playing nice for the public - but behind closed doors they all have their temper tantrums. Missed Obama giving Hillary the finger during one of his rallys?
Actually that proves my point, Obama wasn't worthy of the office either. When he said, "My grandmother, a typical white person,....", that was all I needed to know about his mentality. Trump is just as much of a lowlife.

I never saw Obama giving Hillary the finger but I'm not surprised he did so. NYC's Mayor Bloomberg at the time Obama took office had a meeting with him at the White House, and later said Obama was the most arrogant man he had ever met. That's saying something considering all the people Bloomberg had to deal with as mayor of such a large city.

Trump has no class, Cruz does, and Cruz actually has detailed plans as opposed to Trump who just proclaims, "We are going to win, win, win". Trump's a joke, albeit entertaining, and I hope enough voters realize it before giving their vote to him.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
He (Trump) has admitted that this is an act that he plans on changing once elected. He seems to know what to say to keep in the headlines. Nobody is talking about the other candidates (except Rubio yesterday). This is Trump's way of staying on the front page. I'm not a fan of his, but you've got to give him (or his handlers/advisers) credit.

I imagine there are voters completely put off by him (like you and me), but he never had a chance with them in the first place.

BTW, if I used a lot of the profane language that Trump used during my military career, I'd be relieved of duty and up for sexual harassment.
Question is though, will he be able to change after elected or will he remain a loud and foul-mouthed bully? I'm surprised so many people are falling for him.

I was in the military also so know what you mean. We knew who we could use profanity around and who we couldn't.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How is he deceiving anyone? You guys are down to the point of examining every single speech and movement that he makes. Now we have a whole topic because Trump uttered a profanity.

You should be much more worried about candidates who are taking huge amounts of money from PACs, Banks, etc and holding secret fundraisers with them all while refusing to talk about it.
For one, I don't believe he'll deport most of those here illegally. He'll blame Congress by saying, "Well, this is the best deal I could get out of Congress", and he'd get his wall built while illegals will be legalized.

Trump doesn't need anyone else's money, but if he did I doubt he'd turn it down.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:17 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,255,180 times
Quote:
We knew who we could use profanity around and who we couldn't.
Exactly. I'd think being in front of thousands of people and on national TV, you'd censor yourself. Whispering in the ear of the president as Biden did and picked up on sensitive microphone is very different than blatantly using profanity as Trump does.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:21 AM

7,185 posts, read 2,761,536 times
Quote:
Question is though, will he be able to change after elected or will he remain a loud and foul-mouthed bully?
But, all those supporters would be disappointed if he changed. That isn't the trump they want.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Trump doesn't need anyone else's money, but if he did I doubt he'd turn it down.
He already did. He shutdown a PAC that had been opened for him.

Facts are much better than opinion.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
But, all those supporters would be disappointed if he changed. That isn't the trump they want.
They don't care.

There are much more important matters at hand. They are more worried about putting food on their family's table, bringing their kids home from pointless war, and losing their homes, savings and retirement because of wall street games.

When we get to the point where Trump is saying these sorts of things, then it's time to worry.

Bill Clinton on being Presidential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBe_guezGGc

i.e. Yet another double standard that Trump is held to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections