U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2016, 04:38 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,217,684 times
Reputation: 14611

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
But, all those supporters would be disappointed if he changed. That isn't the trump they want.
Donald Trump: 'I'll change my tone' - CNNPolitics.com

The typical sales guy approach. Once you've signed the dotted line (ie voted), standard disclaimers apply.

Buyer beware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2016, 05:07 AM
 
4,872 posts, read 2,351,509 times
Reputation: 5699
No one was more of a sales person than Obama with the Hope & Change. Hillary changes her views with each different group she goes to. Trump toning down his approach is a positive- not the negative you think it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 05:32 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,241 posts, read 15,312,764 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Cruz world is in full melt down because Trump said he is a p**sy. The horror of it. In the meantime, the F-word is used, and laughed at, by none other than the sitting Vice President. Crowd LOVED it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB259lgEorA
For sure, Trump and the T-Party types have certainly degraded what used to be the "Grand Old Party".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 05:34 AM
 
14,208 posts, read 6,112,535 times
Reputation: 8857
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
God help us if this creep is elected President. How could anyone of good character believe Trump is worthy of the office of POTUS? He's deceiving a lot of people, but they should at least be able to see he doesn't haven't the temperament to fill that role properly.
I have to admit that i liked him a lot at first, but i decided i was projecting what i wanted in a candidate on him because he has no record of voting. I liked the idea of a mix of Republican and Democratic ideas he had because that is where i am. I just got really tired of the personal insults and circus around him.

He doesn't make it easy to like him. He doesn't make a good case for why he wants to close the border. There are criminals coming over but not all of them are criminals. By saying they are, he loses the argument a little. We need the borders secured and a limit on people from certain areas that have high terrorist activity, but he has to say the most outrageous thing for attention that he goes overboard in his assessment. We don't want to kick all Muslims out of the country, or close it off completely from Muslims (though limits from certain areas isn't a bad thing).

And the rallies where he encourages his supporters to yell and chant at protesters and throws them out is really off putting. At this point i think he's deliberately scuttling his chances to win because he likes the accolades but not the job.

Why weren't more people interested in Rand Paul? Now im not sure who to vote for. I cannot see myself voting for Cruz, or Bush, and most definitely not Christy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 06:03 AM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,548,932 times
Reputation: 7964
I don't think I'd ever vote for the guy, but let's not go crazy. Yes, he probably should not have used the word, but he was funny and charming, you have to admit. He's very coarse but that's a large part of why Vincenzo from Queens loves him. It's weird (and rare) to hear that from a 69 year old senior citizen, though.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 06:25 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,217,684 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Well, I was clicking thru the channels and I saw Rachel Maddow feigning embarrassment over Trump's choice of words. Rachel Maddow. Seriously? Now, that was funny.

Maybe it's just me. I spent years of active duty in the military (before they turned the service into a gentler, kinder force) and I heard every conceivable foul word that you can imagine. I'm just used to it. I guess context is everything. And Trump's assessment is still accurate: Cruz is a pu$$y.
I entered in '83, left in 2009. What is said in the motor pool between Soldiers is different than what you say in mixed company or if you're briefing.

Attention seeking behavior for an egotistical demagogue, that's all it continues to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 06:29 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,217,684 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I don't think I'd ever vote for the guy, but let's not go crazy. Yes, he probably should not have used the word, but he was funny and charming, you have to admit. He's very coarse but that's a large part of why Vincenzo from Queens loves him. It's weird (and rare) to hear that from a 69 year old senior citizen, though.

Mick
Sexist use of the p-word probably doesn't come across as charming to women voters. The guy uses female anatomy as a pejorative because his Wharton education that he's constantly bragging about didn't teach him any better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
22,894 posts, read 16,275,630 times
Reputation: 12807
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
For sure, Trump and the T-Party types have certainly degraded what used to be the "Grand Old Party".
Remember back when they had hissy fits over Obama putting his feet on his desk in the Oval?
Or daring to not wear a jacket?

Gotta love the double standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 06:32 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,217,684 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I have to admit that i liked him a lot at first, but i decided i was projecting what i wanted in a candidate on him because he has no record of voting. I liked the idea of a mix of Republican and Democratic ideas he had because that is where i am. I just got really tired of the personal insults and circus around him.

He doesn't make it easy to like him. He doesn't make a good case for why he wants to close the border. There are criminals coming over but not all of them are criminals. By saying they are, he loses the argument a little. We need the borders secured and a limit on people from certain areas that have high terrorist activity, but he has to say the most outrageous thing for attention that he goes overboard in his assessment. We don't want to kick all Muslims out of the country, or close it off completely from Muslims (though limits from certain areas isn't a bad thing).

And the rallies where he encourages his supporters to yell and chant at protesters and throws them out is really off putting. At this point i think he's deliberately scuttling his chances to win because he likes the accolades but not the job.

Why weren't more people interested in Rand Paul? Now im not sure who to vote for. I cannot see myself voting for Cruz, or Bush, and most definitely not Christy.
I like your comments. Paul left the race, and has been caught being profane, but I think many of his ideas were less in line with mainstream beliefs......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 06:37 AM
 
Location: Texas
35,269 posts, read 19,297,794 times
Reputation: 20898
Wink The truth will set you free

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Cruz world is in full melt down because Trump said he is a p**sy.
That little zinger hit Cruz right where he lives.

I report. You decide.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top