U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 11:47 AM

5,382 posts, read 2,194,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Cruz world is in full melt down because Trump said he is a p**sy. The horror of it. In the meantime, the F-word is used, and laughed at, by none other than the sitting Vice President. Crowd LOVED it.
Of course the crowd loved it. Only more proof that Trump is a misogynist.

This is all Trump has because he cannot speak intelligently to the issues that are destroying the nation.

He is becoming the "The Rent is TOO DAMN HIGH" candidate for the GOP nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
For sure, Trump and the T-Party types have certainly degraded what used to be the "Grand Old Party".
Stop including the Tea Party in your assessment of Trump. No Tea Party member would support him and those followers of his that claim to be part of the Tea Party are doing it wrong!

Sarah Palin - supports Trump and blames her son's domestic violence arrest on PTSD and Obama
Ted Nugent - supports Trump and posted on his FB page that the Jews are responsible for gun control.
Stormfront - supports Trump and is a neonazi skinhead group.

I think there is a very different pattern to Trump supporters and it has nothing to do with fighting for a smaller government and a stronger Constitution!

Old 02-09-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Sexist use of the p-word probably doesn't come across as charming to women voters. The guy uses female anatomy as a pejorative because his Wharton education that he's constantly bragging about didn't teach him any better?
I had the exact same reaction as a female.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
The point was that Megyn should have been outraged after hearing the p-wrod given what happened to her. Instead, she is lapping it up. It was a rally, not a Sunday school sermon. For that you have to go to Cruz rallies. People go to Trump rallies to have fun too. Anyway, we'll know tonight.
I guess my idea of fun doesn't include name calling of an opponent by using a term that is degrading to women.

You realize that families often attend presidential rallies, right? I guess I'm no fun because I don't take my kids to stand up comic shows that are blue.

I don't need my President to entertain me by swearing and bulling other people. I don't see an election as an opportunity for "fun."

Trump/Comacho

Old 02-09-2016, 12:16 PM

14,193 posts, read 6,103,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Good, thoughtful post, katygirl68. Sounds like you fall more into the Libertarian Party, but either don't realize it yet, or want to vote Republican because the Libertarian candidate has little to no chance of winning.

I lean more towards the Constitution Party on some issues, some of the same ones I believe Ted Cruz does as well, so no surprise he's my candidate.

Regarding Trump, it was more a case that I wanted to like him considering the issues he talked about initially, but soon figured out he was just trying to get populist support. Between that, his personal insults and bully treatment of other candidates, I can't see myself voting for him. If Cruz doesn't get the nomination I'll vote Constitution Party in November.
I haven't heard of the Constitution Party. I'm not sure they are ever on the ballot here in Texas.

For some reason I can't get behind Cruz, because he goes to that well of social issues that really irritate me in politics. I don't think same-sex marriage should be left up to the states. Either it's discriminatory or it's not. We wouldn't leave interracial marriage up to individual states, so why gay people? I'm not gay, but I do feel that there are legal benefits to marriage such as inheritance laws for people who die without wills, community property rights, hospital visitation rights and health decisions for partners who aren't able to make decisions for themselves. I do not feel those 1-3% of people should be discriminated against in that manner.

To me, that's a constitutional matter. I like him for other things, but not enough to vote for him. He says he won't work with congress, and I'm tired of that mindset. But I understand why That appeals to people.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:19 PM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 25 days ago)

58,166 posts, read 40,957,744 times
Quote:
And that's how we like it!
WHO is the 'we' you refer to?

Old 02-09-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Yes, I am tired of polished, poll-tested, teleprompted politicians who put you to sleep. A little spice sprinkled here and there doesn't hurt. I like somebody who turns to the president of Mexico and tells him that with his attitude the wall is going to be a lot higher, and more expensive.
Perhaps Mike Tyson would be your ideal candidate?

Old 02-09-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I want to have an idea what to expect of my leader. I don't want to hear him or her say, after I am elected I am going to change.
I'm no fan of Trump but I will give him credit for being honest, on this point only. Seems to me they all change when the election is over, at least Donny tells you up front.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:05 PM

THIS is Presidential. New Hampshire Primary 2016: Live Updates - The New York Times

And it is the truth about Trump!

Old 02-09-2016, 01:33 PM

12,358 posts, read 7,743,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Ah - he's not pretending unlike the other candidates who are playing nice for the public - but behind closed doors they all have their temper tantrums. Missed Obama giving Hillary the finger during one of his rallys?
If grown ups are going to have temper tantrums, they belong behind closed doors, not on a stage in front of television cameras like Trump does. He can't control himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well.... I don't hold any adult conversations with children.

But with friends and the situation arises where I think it's useful I certainly will.
Which proves you have more self control than Trump who doesn't seem to get that the kind of language he's using doesn't belong at large public events that are televised around the world to people of all ages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections