Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 07:20 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,253,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
By the way, the notion that the Democratic Party is also up ****-creek, which I'm hearing from a lot of conservative outlets, is baloney. Yeah, Clinton is going to lose by double-digits in New Hampshire; tell me something I haven't known for months. But Nevada and South Carolina? Sanders is going to get killed just as badly or much worse. No, Hillary Clinton is going to be the Democratic nominee, and will face, in all likelihood ... either Donald Trump or Ted Cruz. Bring it .

This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 07:23 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,820,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Kasich went to 130 campaign stops in NH over the last couple of months. Bush spent 36 million. Those are days and dollars they will never get back.
Yup, NH has been Kasich's focus for months. He needs a good showing to stay in the race and it looks like his time and money will pay off for him.

Wonder if Bush, Carson, Christie, Fiorina, etc. will drop out after this election or hang in until Super Tuesday.

I would love to see Trump, Cruz, Rubio battle it out for the rest of the states. Too many votes are being syphoned off by all these extra candidates who have no chance of winning!

Old 02-09-2016, 07:25 PM

752 posts, read 563,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
"Jeb bush at 3rd place now, Rubio dropped fifth. If these were the final ranking, Rubio would be in serious trouble."
If Iowa was any indication, Rubio's best showing will be in Hillsborough County (NH's most populous). Currently, he's in a close fifth. But even if he manages to surpass Cruz in Hillsborough, the latter is likely to perform much better in the rest of the state.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:27 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,349,214 times
Not sure if you will appreciate this or not..but found this link which live updates occur Projections are just that..Lets see?? I'm liking the Kasich surge~~ He appears to be more professional/calm/has experience and so on..Positiveness sure does translate into votes..Trump yells positive results without evidence of policy..strictly HE CAN and WILL do it..Good enough for NH it appears!!

New Hampshire primary: Trump and Sanders projected winners

The latest even shows Jeb leap frogging over CRUZ!! LOL..Poor Rubio sinking Christie was moving up but now at 6th place..course we are only at 13%??

Old 02-09-2016, 07:27 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,636,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The crony capitalist versus the New Dealer is the correct labels though.
Cute, but you'll get used to it. Just say it, President Trump.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:28 PM

25,662 posts, read 21,819,785 times
Quote:
By the way, the notion that the Democratic Party is also up ****-creek, which I'm hearing from a lot of conservative outlets, is baloney. Yeah, Clinton is going to lose by double-digits in New Hampshire; tell me something I haven't known for months. But Nevada and South Carolina? Sanders is going to get killed just as badly or much worse. No, Hillary Clinton is going to be the Democratic nominee, and will face, in all likelihood ... either Donald Trump or Ted Cruz. Bring it .
I don't know, I was watching voters talking earlier today before voting and many had the thought that the most were looking more for an honest candidate even over electability. We all know if that carries through to other states, Hillary is up that creek without a paddle. Go Bernie Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Kasich and Bush are #2 and #3, that tells me the people of NH are clueless idiots. Kasich? BUSH?! LOL!!
I was glad to see this and hop it plays out that way. Rubio is a parroting puppet and Cruz wants a Christian theocracy and will lie and cheat to get it. I have far more respect for Kasich and Bush than Cruz or Rubio. People in NH are not clueless idiots. I saw several interviewed and they all seemed intelligent and having really thought through the choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Trump or Cruz = easiest path to the WH for the Dems.
I am sure others also appreciate your humor here at the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Kasich went to 130 campaign stops in NH over the last couple of months. Bush spent 36 million. Those are days and dollars they will never get back.
I don't know, do you think that Kasich would have any chance at a shot for VP. I kind of wonder if he might be drooling over that prospect along with some of the other candidates. As for Bush, boy, he must have some people that desperately want to be running the US government from behind the scenes or behind the scenes, the nomination is for sale and they know it.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:29 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,904,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
This.
Hillary Clinton is a really risky candidate for a general election. With trustworthy and honesty ratings at rock bottom and polling terribly among independents and very little cross-over appeal in an election where anti-establishment politics rules. Lots and lots of people who vote for Bernie will simply not vote for Hillary in a general and she needs them all.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:30 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,254,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Not sure if you will appreciate this or not..but found this link which live updates occur Projections are just that..Lets see?? I'm likely the Kasich surge~~

New Hampshire primary: Trump and Sanders projected winners
=
that's a shocker

they must be right about the major Heroin problem in New Hampshire as evidenced by their poor voting choices.....are they all strung out or what?

Old 02-09-2016, 07:30 PM

513 posts, read 1,577,814 times
Quote:
If Iowa was any indication, Rubio's best showing will be in Hillsborough County (NH's most populous). Currently, he's in a close fifth. But even if he manages to surpass Cruz in Hillsborough, the latter is likely to perform much better in the rest of the state.
Comparing him to Cruz misses the point, GOP establishment hates Cruz only slightly than they hate Trump. That's why a 3rd place placement in Iowa supposedly gave Rubio "strong momentum". People are desperately to winnow out establishment candidates so that they could present a unified front against Cruz and Trump. With Rubio's "momentum" gone so quickly, there would be at least 3 establishment candidates going forward while Trump and Cruz occupies their own universe alone.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:31 PM

1,553 posts, read 919,637 times
With 2% of the vote at this point, hopefully the gag known as the Carson campaign comes to an end shortly.

And Carly needs to go home and resurrect that singing career.

You're So Vain was a great song, by the way... lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections