Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 02:36 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,787,938 times

Advertisements

^^^ Have you gone to this one? HuffPost 2016 Election Coverage: New Hampshire Primaries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 02:38 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,527,591 times
Thank you so much!!!

Old 02-09-2016, 02:41 PM

38,945 posts, read 50,850,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Interesting fact: Sanders was more than 30% behind Hillary in NH a few months ago and most in NH had no clue who he was. I just read an article interviewing NH journalists about national media calling NH his "home turf" and they call it absurd and laugh at it. Yet, time and time again, we see people parrot that line because the talking heads said it. This is the power national mass media still has over people.
I live a country away from NH and knew who Sanders was. Thing is, he was always a left wing kook that no one in their right mind would consider presidential material. The testament to the media is that he is now the front runner in a state primary. Hopefully, the south will bring Democrats back to their senses.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:48 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,890,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I live a country away from NH and knew who Sanders was. Thing is, he was always a left wing kook that no one in their right mind would consider presidential material. The testament to the media is that he is now the front runner in a state primary. Hopefully, the south will bring Democrats back to their senses.
On the contrary, the people who know him love him. He is the most popular senator in the US and has a legendary reputation in the city he was mayor.

Yes, it's true, in general, the least educated places are the least Sanders friendly for now. In highly educated and informed places, he does well. In the south for example, many Democrats believe he is a candidate for the rich who will enrich his wealthy donors once in office, according to the polls I've seen from places like SC.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:04 PM

5,230 posts, read 6,145,548 times
Can we all just admit the obvious- Hillary has likeability problem. A yuuuge one...

And all the ducks, turns, denials and diversions she has had over the last 25 years are coming home to roost. I think she has repeated what I consider her key mistake from '08. She amassed 10 bazillion dollars in campaign funds, a mountain of endorsements and chased almost everyone out of the race. So when it came time to vote, the anti-Hillary vote had a very narrow pool to spread there votes. Combined with those candidates genuine supporters she ran into a buzz-saw.

This time Sanders doesn't even have the youth, charisma or narrative that Obama & Edwards sported. And he still came within .25 in Iowa after she spent a ton of time/money and looks likely to take New Hampshire. If she wins in November its because once again the Rs have trotted out a clown car of possibilities.

And as someone who is a lifelong South Carolinian I question why the Democrats even want an SC primary this early. It has voted R since Reagan and I'm not sure I see it changing in the next quarter century either.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:09 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,324,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post

I'd say this is even better:

New Hampshire Primary Results 2016 Election: President Live Map by County, Real-Time Voting Updates - POLITICO

Old 02-09-2016, 03:49 PM

16,563 posts, read 15,105,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
These are small towns guys, relax.
The are not even towns. What "town" has 9 people?

Old 02-09-2016, 03:53 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,787,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
Thank for the link.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:57 PM

22,633 posts, read 14,855,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Let's see what lies Trump can dream up to blame his loss on this time around.
Actually I predict Trump will win this one.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:09 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,358,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post

So it would stand to reason that Dixville - phonetically the same as Dicksville - would be the sort of place that Trump would do well, because he is a dick.
Quite an imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections