U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 01:59 PM

5,382 posts, read 2,200,327 times

Advertisements

Donald Trump lies when he claims that Cruz "stole his position about illegal immigration."

I guess Trump was too busy donating to democrats at the time to learn anything about Cruz.

Patterico's Pontifications Video: Ted Cruz Was Talking About a Wall YEARS Before Trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 08:38 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,128,474 times
A lot of folks don't want to hear anything about Cruz. Yet, somehow, he still keeps getting votes. I think Cruz is principled and honest, as much or more so than the others. I would vote for him or Trump. NO to Rubio, under any circumstances.

(I have become disenchanted with CArson and do not wish to see him as VP, with a possible later jump to the WH)

Old 02-09-2016, 08:43 PM

14,718 posts, read 9,760,675 times
Cruz could have come down the escalator, walked to the podium and declared that illegals bring drugs, kill people and some are rapist. But he didn't, did he? He waited 6 months for Trump to take all the arrows and once it was safe he crawled out of the hole and bravely declared to build the wall. Give me a break.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:06 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,128,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Cruz could have come down the escalator, walked to the podium and declared that illegals bring drugs, kill people and some are rapist. But he didn't, did he? He waited 6 months for Trump to take all the arrows and once it was safe he crawled out of the hole and bravely declared to build the wall. Give me a break.
I agree there are problems with some of his stances (?) and he is definitely in it to win. But, so are they all. Cruz just seems to carry less baggage than others but, unfortunately, he also is not a very engaging person, personally. I consider him on the same par as Bill Clinton in the intelligence area and we need intelligence.

We shall see if Trump gets the WH, if he can fulfill his campaign promises. I hope so as far as illegal immigration goes.

How we see each candidate is what makes for an interesting race. I feel the same way about Rubio as you do Cruz......cut me a break on his "boyish charm", "charisma" and total lack of principles. I know too much about him from his Florida years. He is totally unfit to be president, a shill for the establishment and Silicon Valley.....

Old 02-09-2016, 09:26 PM

22,799 posts, read 16,868,958 times
Trump: Donald Trump on the Issues

No apology for banning Muslims from entering America. (Jan 2016)
Need to keep database of Muslim refugees. (Nov 2015)
We must stop illegal immigration; it hurts us economically. (Nov 2015)
I don't care how they come in, if they come in legally. (Oct 2015)
Syrian refugees are a Trojan Horse. (Oct 2015)
Syrian refugee crisis partly our fault; but don't take any. (Oct 2015)
We're only country dumb enough for birthright citizenship. (Sep 2015)
Illegal immigrants populate many criminal gangs. (Sep 2015)
This is a country where we speak English, not Spanish. (Sep 2015)
Half of the undocumented residents in America are criminals. (Jun 2015)
We need strong borders; we need a wall. (Feb 2015)
Citizenship for illegal immigrants is a GOP suicide mission. (Mar 2013)
351,000 illegal aliens are in our prisons; costing $1.1B. (Dec 2011)
Anchor babies were NEVER the intent of the 14th Amendment. (Dec 2011)
Invite foreigners graduating from college to stay in US. (Dec 2011)
Control borders; even legal immigration should be difficult. (Jul 2000)
Limit new immigration; focus on people already here. (Dec 1999)

Mexico
Ship millions back to Mexico, like Eisenhower did. (Nov 2015)
Walls on borders work; just ask Israel. (Nov 2015)
Mexico will pay for wall, but not through tariffs. (Nov 2015)
I can get Mexico to pay for border wall; politicians can't. (Oct 2015)
The border wall will be well-managed and built correctly. (Aug 2015)
We need wall on Mexican border, but ok to have a door in it. (Aug 2015)
Mexican government is sending criminals across the border. (Aug 2015)
Building a wall will save money because it stops bad dudes. (Jul 2015)
OpEd: businesses & Republicans condemn anti-Mexico terms. (Jul 2015)
Make Mexico pay for wall with severe economics. (Jun 2015)
Mexico & Latin America send us drugs, crime, and rapists. (Jun 2015)
Build great wall on southern border; have Mexico pay for it. (Jun 2015)
Triple-layered fence & Predator drones on Mexican border. (Dec 2011)

Cruz: Ted Cruz on the Issues

End Obama's illegal amnesty via Congress' checks & balances. (Nov 2014)
Defund amnesty; and refuse any nominees until rescinded. (Nov 2014)
No path to citizenship for 1.65 million illegals in Texas. (Oct 2012)
Give police more power to ask about immigration status. (Jun 2012)
Boots on the ground, plus a wall. (Apr 2012)
Triple the size of the Border Patrol. (Mar 2012)
Strengthen border security and increase enforcement. (Jul 2011)

Old 02-09-2016, 09:36 PM

66,574 posts, read 33,889,281 times
Quote:

Happy, he was saying it, when he ran for Senator... But you were a Dewhurst guy and forgot.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:07 PM

14,718 posts, read 9,760,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Happy, he was saying it, when he ran for Senator... But you were a Dewhurst guy and forgot.
It is not enough to just "say it". You have to champion it. You have to put everything on the line. You have to get on rooftops and yell. And do it again and again and again. It takes guts to go to the southern border and bring up anchor babies. People gasped. Has Cruz EVER talked about anchor babies in prime time? If you search the dusty Congressional records I am sure you'll find every senator and congressman to have supported the wall and deportation at some point. That is not enough. Cruz was never known for deportations and building a wall. He is best known for filibustering that lead the congress down the path that ultimately yielded nothing. I don't remember anything else form him. His supporters are now retroactively going through old and forgotten records to find what they need.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:13 PM

22,799 posts, read 16,868,958 times
Quote:
It is not enough to just "say it". You have to champion it. You have to put everything on the line. You have to get on rooftops and yell. And do it again and again and again. It takes guts to go to the southern border and bring up anchor babies. People gasped. Has Cruz EVER talked about anchor babies in prime time? If you search the dusty Congressional records I am sure you'll find every senator and congressman to have supported the wall and deportation at some point. That is not enough. Cruz was never known for deportations and building a wall. He is best known for filibustering that lead the congress down the path that ultimately yielded nothing. I don't remember anything else form him. His supporters are now retroactively going through old and forgotten records to find what they need.
Ontheissues points out, clearly, that Trump has been talking about illegal immigration for a very long time, and on record, longer than Cruz. Can't even use the excuse that Cruz wasn't in any kind of office, because neither was Trump.

The fact is, Trump has been calling for illegal immigration, and even legal immigration control LONG before Cruz.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:15 PM

66,574 posts, read 33,889,281 times
Quote:

Seriously? Because the media you choose, feeds you what you want to hear.
Try finding the truth on your own, or be led down a path of misinformation, with an agenda behind it, so you can be used as a pawn.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:26 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,710,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Donald Trump lies when he claims that Cruz "stole his position about illegal immigration."

I guess Trump was too busy donating to democrats at the time to learn anything about Cruz.

Patterico's Pontifications Video: Ted Cruz Was Talking About a Wall YEARS Before Trump

And? A lot of folks where talking about a "Wall" and it was being built, piece by piece, and Cruz never built a single piece of it. He "Talked" about it, like everyone else. And he also dropped the Ball on the Wall, like everyone else, until Trump started in on it and they all saw that it was important to the voters. So Cruz and the rest, jump on the band wagon now to get votes. Cruz has been in Politics a lot longer than Trump has, so where has he been with this "Wall" thing until now?

You really have no point here on this, since "Talking" about the Wall when everyone else was don't mean crap. Heck, I even talked about it back then. Illegal Immigration has been around as long as Cruz has, and he has done nothing, like everyone else. Trump is the one who gave it new life.

You folks do need to get Desperate now, because the light you see at the end of the Tunnel is the Trump Train, so scrape that barrel and get every thing you can, because your going to need it.

This election is better than any show they have on TV. Its like a Political "Survivor" and the contestants are in desperation mode. I can't wait to see what they come up with next and how much more goofy it can get.

Maybe Cruz should have sent out e-mails that Trump was going to quit, since fraud seems to be all that's working for him. He could have used a few more points today, as he was being dragged behind the Trump Train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections