Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 06:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Maybe if all you guys get together, write a letter, the Dnc will put an asterisk next to the delegates she won.
Many are still trying to get them to release the actual numbers. All the same, the psychology effect that knowing Hillary actually lost Iowa was at work in N.H. last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
So the only repub I know of who is polling ahead of her, and Chris Christie goes after him like no one's business, thus killing his momentum and affecting NH results.
And who can forget the hug in 2012 than many believe helped Obama.
Sometimes I have to wonder, is Christie actually a democrat?
I'm wondering the same about Bush. Now granted Rubio did enough damage himself but Bush spent $36 million in N.H. attacking Rubio. Rubio....not Trump who easily won but Rubio.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:18 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm wondering the same about Bush. Now granted Rubio did enough damage himself but Bush spent $36 million in N.H. attacking Rubio. Rubio....not Trump who easily won but Rubio.
Well, W and Bill are buds after all.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:18 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Perhaps your perception of the RNC is flawed?
Or not. I read that fearful little screed in the OP.

Quote:
We have yet to see "republicans" rally around a candidate, as there is no nominee at this time. I would offer that the RNC would probably prefer Hillary in the White House before Trump.

Both Bernie and Hillary are fairly poor candidates with TONS of baggage. Both would be easy marks in the debates and would make any republican look good. However, one must appreciate that we have many, many idiots in the US, so I would not dismiss any democrat winning, simply because they are a democrat.

If one was to "fear" anyone it would be Biden. Despite his candidacy being essentially a third term for Obama, he would be a much better candidate and does not have the baggage of either Hillary or Sanders. Gore would be terrible, as he appears a lunatic with his AGW agenda.

Will the dems "draft" another candidate? I think the dems are beginning to appreciate how conservatives felt when McCain was the republican candidate.
It's just the top of the first inning. And there's no score. This has a long way to go. Things will appear a lot clearer in the next three weeks, I think.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:40 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Yes she was. Without those "magic" coin tosses, she would have lost in a landslide.
Wrong, either you are deeply misinformed or you are spreading rumors.

1. It was purely rumor that Hillary won all the coin tosses. It's confirmed by the DNC that Bernie won several coin tosses.
No, Hillary Clinton did not win Iowa because of a coin flip - CNNPolitics.com
So Apparently Sanders Won A Few Coin Tosses in Iowa, Too - Christine Rousselle

2. Cnn entrance polls show Hillary (49.13%) with a lead over sanders (45.44%)
It was likely O'Malley's supporters who drew the race closer.

3. The final and adjudicated results released on Sunday confirmed Hillary as the winner of the Iowa caucuses.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:46 AM

If Hillary won then release the actual numbers. That the DNC refuses to simply leads to what everyone else already knows. Hillary is untrustworthy.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:02 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Many are still trying to get them to release the actual numbers. All the same, the psychology effect that knowing Hillary actually lost Iowa was at work in N.H. last night.
We can disagree on this, but I don't think even the strongest Hillary supporters thought she was going to win NH, Bernie's backyard, pro gun state or not anti gun however you want to phrase it, and more importantly least amount of minorities. If Hillary does not win SC by a similar margin than Bernie took NH then she has a big problem and it opens the door for a moderate GOP candidate, which I think is what would happen if it looks like Bernie is the guy the gop establishment candidate will start to gain lots of traction by people who see the bigger picture.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
We can disagree on this, but I don't think even the strongest Hillary supporters thought she was going to win NH, Bernie's backyard, pro gun state or not anti gun however you want to phrase it, and more importantly least amount of minorities. If Hillary does not win SC by a similar margin than Bernie took NH then she has a big problem and it opens the door for a moderate GOP candidate, which I think is what would happen if it looks like Bernie is the guy the gop establishment candidate will start to gain lots of traction by people who see the bigger picture.
People are already seeing the bigger picture which is why Trump and Sanders are doing so well.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
They're desperate; seeing the NH returns, they know the party's ****ed.
Makes no sense given Clinton got demolished..

I cant wait to see Sanders take federal matching funds and the large donations after hes the nominee. He'll become everything he claims to oppose.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:39 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
http://media.fyre.co/itfbJ6PBTEeEQtI...35.33%20PM.png

Do you agree with the above statement or not?
In a matter of speaking. I want Clinton to defeat Sanders so Trump can get his voters. They aren't going to her if they think she cheated to take their guy out. So, I would like the RNC to shut up for the time being and let the Democrats continue to act like a bunch of cheaters. I don't want to see her indicted, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections