U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 03:50 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,346,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Didn't Hillary get the "super delegates" in Iowa also?

It really shows how the system is rigged. We get the best government that money can buy. I hope Sanders somehow prevails despite the Establishment because I will never vote for Villary.
I started a thread about this almost a month ago, and people told me I didnt know what I was talking about..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 03:50 PM

9,151 posts, read 16,562,613 times
The superdelegates were polled back in November, when Clinton was leading in all the polls. Their answers to the AP survey are not binding in any way. The fact that Sanders won New Hampshire by such a large margin will probably cause at least a few of them to change their votes.

For the record, nothing that is "known" about how the superdelegates will vote matters a bit until the convention.

I frankly wish people would stop discussing it. Mostly because 97% of them have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:53 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,481,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Everyone pretty much knows that the Democratic Establishment politicos are no different from Republicans. That is why they are voting for Bernie
Uh, Democrat superdelegets are 20%. Republican are 5%. Democrats aren't the same, they are far more corrupt. A fifth of their delegets are rigged, which basically means their nominations are rigged.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:54 PM

44,352 posts, read 17,707,490 times
Just shows how Hillary can't win an honest election. The rules have to be rigged for her.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:55 PM

3,253 posts, read 1,714,029 times
Quote:
Q: From everything you’ve told me so far, I can’t understand why you’re calling Superdelegate votes “irrelevant.” It seems to me like they have the same voting power as a normal delegate, and this puts Sanders in a tremendous hole from the word “go.”
A: Here’s why it doesn’t matter: Superdelegates have never decided a Democratic nomination. It would be insane, even by the corrupt standards of the Democratic National Committee, if a small group of party elites went against the will of the people to choose the presidential nominee.
This has already been an incredibly tense election, and Sanders voters are already expressing their unwillingness to vote for Clinton in the general election. When you look at the astounding numbers from Iowa and New Hampshire, where more than 80 percent of young voters have chosen Sanders over Clinton, regardless of gender, it’s clear that Clinton already finds herself in a very tenuous position for the general election. It will be tough to motivate young supporters, but any hint that Bernie was screwed by the establishment will result in total abandonment.
Democrats win when turnout is high, and if the DNC decides to go against the will of the people and force Clinton down the electorate’s throat, they’d be committing political suicide.
The important thing to know here is that Superdelegates are merely pledged to a candidate. We know who they support because they’ve stated it publicly, or been asked by journalists. They are not committed, and can change at any time. If Bernie Sanders wins the popular vote, he will be the nominee. End of story.
After Sanders' Big Win in New Hampshire, Establishment Figures Want to Scare You with Superdelegates. Here's Why It's Bull**** :: Politics :: Features :: Paste

Old 02-10-2016, 03:55 PM

5,861 posts, read 6,283,513 times
Hillary needs the super stupid delegates because she can't win on her own merits, if Bernie gets screwed out of the nomination then Bernie's supporters need to vote republican up and down the ticket to teach them a lesson.

Why bother to have primary elections in the first place if the party insiders are going to play kingmaker, and why vote democrat if they are going to ignore your vote.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:58 PM

44,352 posts, read 17,707,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I just saw on CNN how many delegates Hillary has and it is over 400 while Bernie has not even 100...unbelievable how bad the awarding seems to be handled.

What few Democrats are left should be absolutely outraged at how the democratic process is being perverted to insure a Clinton election.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:02 PM

6,342 posts, read 4,357,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Didn't Hillary get the "super delegates" in Iowa also?

It really shows how the system is rigged. We get the best government that money can buy. I hope Sanders somehow prevails despite the Establishment because I will never vote for Villary.
He can't. Your masters don't want you off the plantation so they setup about 750 or so super delegates to make sure you voted for who they wanted you to as can be seen with Bernie loosing New Hampshire with what 60% of the vote?

Maybe you want to rethink gun control and that old saying, something about blood of patriots... Wow, the GOP isn't even close to being this blatant about circumventing the will of their voters! 😂😂

Old 02-10-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Hillary needs the super stupid delegates because she can't win on her own merits, if Bernie gets screwed out of the nomination then Bernie's supporters need to vote republican up and down the ticket to teach them a lesson.

Why bother to have primary elections in the first place if the party insiders are going to play kingmaker, and why vote democrat if they are going to ignore your vote.
Agreed!

Old 02-10-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Everyone pretty much knows that the Democratic Establishment politicos are no different from Republicans. That is why they are voting for Bernie
Actually, they are very very different. Do some research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or