U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 05:43 PM

9,150 posts, read 16,545,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They have been absolutely rigged for her.
You need to explain in detail how they were specifically rigged for her benefit.

As has been stated, the rules for delegate allocation have been in place for some time, and there's no way the party members could have known at the Tim that she would be running. It's simply a game that she is either more willing or better able to play than Sanders.

I'm not saying that the system is fair or that it shouldn't be changed, just that your allegation of the rules being intentionally rigged to favor Clinton is irrational and absurd.

So again, please explain in detail how you believe that the system has been rigged for her, or admit that you're just lashing out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 05:57 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,116,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
You need to explain in detail how they were specifically rigged for her benefit.

As has been stated, the rules for delegate allocation have been in place for some time, and there's no way the party members could have known at the Tim that she would be running. It's simply a game that she is either more willing or better able to play than Sanders.

I'm not saying that the system is fair or that it shouldn't be changed, just that your allegation of the rules being intentionally rigged to favor Clinton is irrational and absurd.

So again, please explain in detail how you believe that the system has been rigged for her, or admit that you're just lashing out.
Exactly, Hillary got 17.9 million popular votes in total in 2008 and still lost the nomination to Obama who got 17.6 million according to the certified results of DNC. Considering she won most of the big states, if they were held like a general election, she would have gotten the nomination.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:31 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,141,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Hillary needs the super stupid delegates because she can't win on her own merits, if Bernie gets screwed out of the nomination then Bernie's supporters need to vote republican up and down the ticket to teach them a lesson.

Why bother to have primary elections in the first place if the party insiders are going to play kingmaker, and why vote democrat if they are going to ignore your vote.
There is no proof that Hillary can't win on her own merits. The polls for SC show her with a substantial lead. There's no doubt she's going to win big states like CA, FL, NY, TX, etc. It's only the media and some fringe-type people on websites such as this trying to make it seem like Sanders has this in the bag. Bernie's not gonna get screwed out of any nomination because he's not gonna get enough votes to defeat Hillary in the first place.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:37 PM

23,199 posts, read 11,455,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He's supported the (D)'s from the day he was elected. While I'm voting for him, his actual lack of Independence here made me think it over at first.

As it turns out he is the only candidate that might address my two biggest concerns. The banks and the wars.
How many times have you seen the headline "Bernie Sanders on the campaign trail for Democratic congressional candidates".

My guess is 0. My research says 0.

Him saying he would rather side with Democrats than Republicans is not the same thing as support.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:39 PM

23,199 posts, read 11,455,845 times
Quote:
This makes no sense.

Bernie wins NH. In fact he absolutely spanks Hillary, yet the DNC awards more delegates to Hillary Clinton.

You should be asking yourself why you are supporting such an absolutely corrupt party and politician.
He just explained it to you. the DNC doesnt award super delegates, they are not tied to the primary.

THe fact that you and the media keep repeating it like that after being told you are wrong is a blatant slap in the face.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:47 PM

18,971 posts, read 15,419,623 times
Quote:
This makes no sense.

Bernie wins NH. In fact he absolutely spanks Hillary, yet the DNC awards more delegates to Hillary Clinton.

You should be asking yourself why you are supporting such an absolutely corrupt party and politician.
The DNC awarded Sanders 15 delegates, the DNC awarded Clinton 9 delegates. These are set in stone and CAN'T change

Now there are 8 superdelegates and they cn vote how they want, they can also change. 6 of the 8 have hinted or said who they currently support and it is Hillary, 2 haven't said anything and none have said they backed Sanders. However, they aren't set in stone and certainly can change and have in the past.

I'm supporting Sanders and I want him to win the nomination. There are certain things with the process that I don't like and not happy with. However, if we are going to discuss the rules and harp on them, lets at least do so honestly and try not to mislead. The extra delegates are NOT set in stone.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:50 PM

18,971 posts, read 15,419,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Exactly, Hillary got 17.9 million popular votes in total in 2008 and still lost the nomination to Obama who got 17.6 million according to the certified results of DNC. Considering she won most of the big states, if they were held like a general election, she would have gotten the nomination.
Not exactly true. Caucus votes in some cases are tallied differently than in Primary states, so there is no true way to measure exactly how the 08 popular vote during the nomination brole out. You also had the saga in Michigan with it being stripped of the delegates and only Hillary left on the ballot therewhich obviously added to those totals.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:50 PM

77,741 posts, read 33,151,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How many times have you seen the headline "Bernie Sanders on the campaign trail for Democratic congressional candidates".

My guess is 0. My research says 0.

Him saying he would rather side with Democrats than Republicans is not the same thing as support.
When it came time to decide leadership in the Senate, he was always counted as a (D). It was never in question.

I don't recall many wanting Hillary out campaigning for them either. I can't really blame them there.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:55 PM

6,342 posts, read 4,353,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The super delegates have pretty much been polled, and until they change their vote, most of them are saying they are going for Clinton..
I wonder how much government money and contracts Hillary promised them. Liberals have always choosen to ignore what was right infront of them. Hopefully the blatant disregard for the will of the people will wake them up to the liberal corruption. I wonder if they will stand up and either vote conservative or vote the corrupt liberals out of office. Me? I doubt either will take place as long as the freebies keep coming they are willing to roll over and be trampled. It's sad really. Very very sad.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:59 PM

17,027 posts, read 9,514,955 times
Quote:
DNC rules are stacked against Bernie Sanders.

Bernie Sanders spanks Hillary 60% to 38%. Yet DNC awards delegates from NH as follows:
  • Hillary - 15
  • Sanders - 13
Democrats should be outraged at how this primary is being handed to Hillary Clinton.

New Hampshire Primary Results 2016 Election: President Live Map by County, Real-Time Voting Updates - POLITICO

Why?
They love the totalitarian way of doing things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or