U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 11:25 AM

12,263 posts, read 9,404,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Chris Christie for Attorney General.
He'll get payback in someone's administration for taking out Rubio. His popularity in NJ has completely tanked so he'll be looking for a job somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 11:26 AM

27,100 posts, read 15,654,714 times
Sad but he didn't have any traction what so ever and was looking bad and had bad primary results.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:26 AM

77,780 posts, read 33,173,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Like how people on here thought I was crazy for suggesting Jeb! is in it for the long haul. He's got a lot more staying power than people think. Rubio and Jeb! are the establishment picks, and one of them will stay until the end. With Christie taking out Rubio, there's only one establishment candidate left.
George took out Jeb.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:32 AM

20,828 posts, read 39,031,368 times
Best that Gov Christie dropped out, he wasn't going to win anything after bridge-gate, not to mention his pugnacious style that alienates people and the fact that most humans don't like obese persons. A bunch of the others should drop out too: Santorum, Huckabee, Fiorina, Paul, and Bush.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:32 AM

71,649 posts, read 83,202,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Chris Christie for Attorney General.
I think a lot of us are thinking that; it would be the best spot for him.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:33 AM

12,515 posts, read 10,402,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Take it anyway you like, your opinion means nothing to me. As long as the GOP is tied to the religious right and their desire for a Christian Taliban in the United States, they can pound sand as far as I am concerned.
As a Republican from NJ who is rather socially liberal on most issues, I agree. The majority of candidates are as crazy as certain Republican citizens and say and do stupid things that cater to them and make everyone else mad and cause people to make fun of the GOP and its base. Obviously as my governor and as someone who I think has a similar platform as me and agrees with him on a lot, I'm sad to see Christie go as he's really the most moderate in the race on the GOP side. But like you said, the majority of the GOP voting base at the moment is rather extreme and Christie does not cater to that majority. Like I said, many are busy complaining that he hugged Obama and other stupid trivial stuff like that that causes them to refuse to pay him any attention.

I "like" him on Facebook and he just doesn't get the online support other candidates do. Most of his posts have under 1,000 likes, sometimes as low as 300, meanwhile Carson and Trump etc. are in the tens of thousands. Christie just never had that popularity in this race. I've been saying for a while now that his online numbers on social media are embarrassing and just another nail in his coffin.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:33 AM

29,620 posts, read 16,430,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Best that Gov Christie dropped out, he wasn't going to win anything after bridge-gate, not to mention his pugnacious style that alienates people and the fact that most humans don't like obese persons. A bunch of the others should drop out too: Santorum, Huckabee, Fiorina, Paul, and Bush.
I actually though that Santorum had dropped out. Didn't he endorse Rubio but couldn't name any accomplishments of his?

Things are starting to run together.

Bush will be in till the bitter end. Huckabee is done; Florina is done.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:35 AM

2,512 posts, read 2,250,169 times
Good...as a president he would stink; but maybe whoever is elected will look at him for Attorney General!

Old 02-10-2016, 11:37 AM

71,649 posts, read 83,202,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Like how people on here thought I was crazy for suggesting Jeb! is in it for the long haul. He's got a lot more staying power than people think. Rubio and Jeb! are the establishment picks, and one of them will stay until the end. With Christie taking out Rubio, there's only one establishment candidate left.
Still think everyone is writing Rubio off too soon. Yes, Christie did what someone wanted him to do: put Rubio in his place and low and behold it looks like he did that while helping Bush, but I still wouldn't gamble on Bush. After super Tues. I might feel differently.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:39 AM

19,187 posts, read 14,933,416 times
BREAKING: Chris Christie To Drop Out of Presidential Race | Mediaite

I will always be grateful to him for calling out the parrot Rubio. I hope he does well and maybe snags a cabinet position. He didn't have evil vibes like many of the candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or