Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 02:41 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Lol. Obama is no liberal.
Thanks for demonstrating just how far left you are on the political spectrum. So far left that your assessments of who is liberal and who is not can't be taken seriously.

Link: Fact Check: Is Obama the most liberal U.S. senator? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Politifact found that Obama was indeed the most liberal member of the U.S. Senate. Yet you claim he's "no liberal."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 02:59 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
The rise of Donald Trump is a terrifying moment in American politics
Updated by Ezra Klein on February 10, 2016, 12:22 a.m. ET @ezraklein

The rise of Donald Trump is a terrifying moment in American politics - Vox
The article is garbage. Nothing about policy. Just tabloid garbage that boobus likes to hear.
It's always about policy.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:06 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
From the article:
Trump's other gift — the one that gets less attention but is perhaps more important — is his complete lack of shame. It's easy to underestimate how important shame is in American politics. But shame is our most powerful restraint on politicians who would find success through demagoguery. Most people feel shame when they're exposed as liars, when they're seen as uninformed, when their behavior is thought cruel, when respected figures in their party condemn their actions, when experts dismiss their proposals, when they are mocked and booed and protested.

Show me a politician over your life time who has restrained their behavior because of shame. Show me a politician who felt shamed by lying.

He didn't have sex with that woman, Ms Lewinsky (Bill Clinton). It's a vast right wing conspiracy and she's not some stand by your man woman (Hillary Clinton). If you like your plan you can keep it. If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor (Barack Obama). Walker is grabbing our hair and pulling us back (Debbie Wasserman-Schultz). Republicans want you to die quickly (Alan Grayson). There's not a smigeon of corruption (Barack Obama). She ran from sniper fire in Bosnia (Hillary Clinton). Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years (Harry Reid). When we left the WH we were broke (Hillary Clinton)................I could go on.

There is no shame in politics. Even when the video (that inevitably exists) proves the lies, they lie about lying.

Can Trump do any worse in the next four years than this administration has done? Everyone considering him needs to decide that for themselves. But the premise of the article will not be a deciding factor on my part.

I don't know. Just looking at the Wikipedia on Trump was an eye opener for me. Did you know that Trump gets $100K a year pension as a member of SAG?

Did you know that Trump has been sued several times personally?

In 1973, the Justice Department filed suit against the Trump Management Corporation for alleged racial discrimination, which Trump's company disputed. The case was settled out of court in 1975.

In 1990, after an analyst at Janney Montgomery Scott said that Trump's Taj Mahal project would initially "break records" but would fail before the end of that year, Trump threatened to sue the firm unless the analyst recanted or was fired. The analyst refused to retract the statements, and was fired by his firm.Taj Mahal declared bankruptcy for the first time in November 1990. A defamation lawsuit by the analyst against Trump for $2 million was settled out of court.The analyst's statements regarding the Taj Mahal's prospects were later called "stunningly accurate".

In 2009, Trump was sued by investors who had put down deposits, typically $200,000–$300,000 per person, for condos in the failed Trump Ocean Resort Baja Mexico. Investors were abruptly informed that they would be getting nothing back: "All that remains of Trump Baja is a highway billboard with a large photo of Donald Trump that advertises condos for sale. It hovers over a closed sales center and showroom, a paved parking lot, a big hole that cuts a wide swath, drainage pipes and construction equipment", reported the Associated Press in 2009. In 2013, Trump settled the lawsuit with more than one hundred would-be condo owners for an undisclosed amount.

In 2013, a lawsuit filed by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman accused Trump of defrauding more than 5,000 people of $40 million for the opportunity to learn Trump's real estate investment techniques in a for-profit training program, Trump University, which operated from 2005 to 2011.Schneiderman contended that Trump's seminars constituted an "unlicensed, illegal educational institution" which utilized false advertising, bait-and-switch tactics, intentional misrepresentation and other fraudulent practices.In January 2014, a New York Superior Court upheld part of the Attorney General's case against Trump,and in October 2014, found Trump liable for not obtaining a license to operate the for-profit investment school, Trump Entrepreneur Initiative, formerly known as Trump University. (Trump ultimately stopped using the term "University" following a 2010 order from New York regulators, who called Trump's use of the word "misleading and even illegal"; the state had previously warned Trump in 2005 to drop the term or not offer seminars within New York.) In a separate class action civil suit in mid-February 2014, a San Diego federal judge allowed claimants in California, Florida, and New York to proceed. A Trump counterclaim, alleging that the state Attorney General's investigation was accompanied by a campaign donation shakedown, was investigated by a New York ethics board and dismissed in August 2015.Trump also filed a $1 million defamation suit against former Trump University student Tarla Makaeff, who had spent about $37,000 on seminars, after she joined the class action lawsuit and publicized her classroom experiences on social media. Unable to prove malice, Trump University lost an anti-SLAPP lawsuit (under statutes designed to thwart legal intimidation of class action participants) and was ordered by a U.S. District Judge in April 2015 to pay Makaeff and her lawyers $798,774.24 in legal fees and costs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

Articles supporting all of this are also available at the end of the entry. What does this tell me? Trump DOES back down. He settles cases and he has been sued for deceptive business behavior.

We do NOT need a President that has these kinds of issues in his background. Not even getting into his messy personal life.

This is NOT the amazing superhero businessman people think he is!

Old 02-10-2016, 03:09 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,964 times
Same, I can't stop watching the train wreck. He'll make a horrible president, but I'm voting for him!

'Merica!

Old 02-10-2016, 03:14 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
because then America would be Great again

( details of exactly how will be released later )
http://www.the-broad-side.com/wp-con...ance-1950s.jpg

http://www.itclips.net/wp-content/pl...1856_1950s.jpg

http://www.wvculture.org/history/edu...enbrier016.jpg

http://segashiro.com/wp-content/uplo...tal.Living.gif

http://teachrock.org/media/img/Littl...on_protest.jpg

This might be more Cruz's idea, but you get the pictures.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:18 PM

11,776 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The article is garbage. Nothing about policy. Just tabloid garbage that boobus likes to hear.
It's always about policy.

That's the problem - libs say any republican biased media is tabloid garbage - republicans laugh at the lefties belief in their rag mags - but if you learn to take every article, video, and interview with a grain of salt - you can pretty much figure out the real truth.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:22 PM

11,776 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I don't know. Just looking at the Wikipedia on Trump was an eye opener for me. Did you know that Trump gets $100K a year pension as a member of SAG?

Did you know that Trump has been sued several times personally?

In 1973, the Justice Department filed suit against the Trump Management Corporation for alleged racial discrimination, which Trump's company disputed. The case was settled out of court in 1975.

In 1990, after an analyst at Janney Montgomery Scott said that Trump's Taj Mahal project would initially "break records" but would fail before the end of that year, Trump threatened to sue the firm unless the analyst recanted or was fired. The analyst refused to retract the statements, and was fired by his firm.Taj Mahal declared bankruptcy for the first time in November 1990. A defamation lawsuit by the analyst against Trump for $2 million was settled out of court.The analyst's statements regarding the Taj Mahal's prospects were later called "stunningly accurate".

In 2009, Trump was sued by investors who had put down deposits, typically $200,000–$300,000 per person, for condos in the failed Trump Ocean Resort Baja Mexico. Investors were abruptly informed that they would be getting nothing back: "All that remains of Trump Baja is a highway billboard with a large photo of Donald Trump that advertises condos for sale. It hovers over a closed sales center and showroom, a paved parking lot, a big hole that cuts a wide swath, drainage pipes and construction equipment", reported the Associated Press in 2009. In 2013, Trump settled the lawsuit with more than one hundred would-be condo owners for an undisclosed amount.

In 2013, a lawsuit filed by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman accused Trump of defrauding more than 5,000 people of $40 million for the opportunity to learn Trump's real estate investment techniques in a for-profit training program, Trump University, which operated from 2005 to 2011.Schneiderman contended that Trump's seminars constituted an "unlicensed, illegal educational institution" which utilized false advertising, bait-and-switch tactics, intentional misrepresentation and other fraudulent practices.In January 2014, a New York Superior Court upheld part of the Attorney General's case against Trump,and in October 2014, found Trump liable for not obtaining a license to operate the for-profit investment school, Trump Entrepreneur Initiative, formerly known as Trump University. (Trump ultimately stopped using the term "University" following a 2010 order from New York regulators, who called Trump's use of the word "misleading and even illegal"; the state had previously warned Trump in 2005 to drop the term or not offer seminars within New York.) In a separate class action civil suit in mid-February 2014, a San Diego federal judge allowed claimants in California, Florida, and New York to proceed. A Trump counterclaim, alleging that the state Attorney General's investigation was accompanied by a campaign donation shakedown, was investigated by a New York ethics board and dismissed in August 2015.Trump also filed a $1 million defamation suit against former Trump University student Tarla Makaeff, who had spent about $37,000 on seminars, after she joined the class action lawsuit and publicized her classroom experiences on social media. Unable to prove malice, Trump University lost an anti-SLAPP lawsuit (under statutes designed to thwart legal intimidation of class action participants) and was ordered by a U.S. District Judge in April 2015 to pay Makaeff and her lawyers $798,774.24 in legal fees and costs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

Articles supporting all of this are also available at the end of the entry. What does this tell me? Trump DOES back down. He settles cases and he has been sued for deceptive business behavior.

We do NOT need a President that has these kinds of issues in his background. Not even getting into his messy personal life.

This is NOT the amazing superhero businessman people think he is!

The same can be said of the Clinton family. They have more skeletons and more out in the open problems that have been swept under the carpet. Eric Holden - Obama's lapdog, who never had the qualifications for the job - does what his master tells him. There have been way to many situations that should the DOJ should have been involved in but weren't investigated.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:28 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post

This might be more Cruz's idea, but you get the pictures.

This is more what Cruz is about:

http://www.indian-ed.org/wp-content/...nstitution.jpg

http://thumb1.shutterstock.com/displ...-116794540.jpg

https://thrivingintoughtimes.files.w...03/family1.jpg

http://cdn.superbwallpapers.com/wall...71-400x250.jpg

Sorry you don't get that!

Old 02-10-2016, 04:30 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
Same, I can't stop watching the train wreck. He'll make a horrible president, but I'm voting for him!

'Merica!

There's a part of me that wants to see him in the WH to give me something to do everyday as I witness this odd time in history. I'm sure I'll be paying more taxes, that my portfolio will plummet, and that several parts of my life will be worse off with Trump.....but the entertainment value of watching Mr Sunlamp fail might be worth all of that.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:34 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
I think even the liberal, Democratic late night talk show hosts are secretly praying he wins. They will have unlimited monologue material nightly.
Already providing great material.

Funny Or Die Presents Donald Trump's The Art Of The Deal: The Movie from Owen Burke, Fu...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections