Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 11:47 PM

7,553 posts, read 8,591,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
she has never been convicted or indicted on anything.
Not yet.

Suggest you tune the speaker to "mute" and watch the debate again, you may notice things that you missed.

Oh, and just ask her security personnels what she's like outside the public sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 11:49 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,896,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioToCO View Post
I tuned in because I was hoping to hear more specifics from Bernie, but all I heard were talking points. At least, that was my impression of the first part of the debate. It got a little better with foreign policy, although there were still no details.
I find myself instinctively liking Bernie, but if he doesn't deliver on specifics, I may just make less of an effort to show up to the caucus.

I disagree about what several posters above said about Hillary and gender issues. I agree with her - we shouldn't be voting for or against a gender, just for the best person for the job. (For the reference - I am a woman in a predominantly male professional field)
Here is his specific plan for expansion of medicare so private health insurance and co-pays are no longer necessary:
Quote:
A 6.2 percent income-based health care premium paid by employers.
Revenue raised: $630 billion per year.
A 2.2 percent income-based premium paid by households.
Revenue raised: $210 billion per year.This year, a family of four taking the standard deduction can have income up to $28,800 and not pay this tax under this plan.
A family of four making $50,000 a year taking the standard deduction would only pay $466 this year.

Progressive income tax rates.
Revenue raised: $110 billion a year.Under this plan the marginal income tax rate would be:
37 percent on income between $250,000 and $500,000.
43 percent on income between $500,000 and $2 million.
48 percent on income between $2 million and $10 million. (In 2013, only 113,000 households, the top 0.08 percent of taxpayers, had income between $2 million and $10 million.)
52 percent on income above $10 million. (In 2013, only 13,000 households, just 0.01 percent of taxpayers, had income exceeding $10 million.)

Taxing capital gains and dividends the same as income from work.
Revenue raised: $92 billion per year.Warren Buffett, the second wealthiest American in the country, has said that he pays a lower effective tax rate than his secretary. The reason is that he receives most of his income from capital gains and dividends, which are taxed at a much lower rate than income from work. This plan will end the special tax break for capital gains and dividends on household income above $250,000.

Limit tax deductions for rich.
Revenue raised: $15 billion per yearUnder Bernie’s plan, households making over $250,000 would no longer be able to save more than 28 cents in taxes from every dollar in tax deductions. This limit would replace more complicated and less effective limits on tax breaks for the rich including the AMT, the personal exemption phase-out and the limit on itemized deductions.

The Responsible Estate Tax.
Revenue raised: $21 billion per year.This provision would tax the estates of the wealthiest 0.3 percent (three-tenths of 1 percent) of Americans who inherit over $3.5 million at progressive rates and close loopholes in the estate tax.

Savings from health tax expenditures.
Revenue raised: $310 billion per year.Several tax breaks that subsidize health care (health-related “tax expenditures”) would become obsolete and disappear under a single-payer health care system, saving $310 billion per year.
Most importantly, health care provided by employers is compensation that is not subject to payroll taxes or income taxes under current law. This is a significant tax break that would effectively disappear under this plan because all Americans would receive health care through the new single-payer program instead of employer-based health care.
https://berniesanders.com/issues/medicare-for-all/

Old 02-11-2016, 11:50 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,250,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
I prefer Hillary over Bernie
I agree, but I like Bernie as well.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:51 PM

Love the end of the debate when Bernie Sanders said: "One of us ran against President Obama. I was not that person."

They should replay videos of the 2008 debates.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:52 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,033,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Here is his specific plan for expansion of medicare so private health insurance and co-pays are no longer necessary:

https://berniesanders.com/issues/medicare-for-all/
Thanks, I'll take a look!

Old 02-12-2016, 01:34 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,629,613 times
Hilary's 80's republicanism is no match for Bernie. One thing that struck me though, is how grown up they acted. When the repub klown kar empties out on their stage, it looks like second graders at recess. The childish bickering and name calling is embarrassing. And these children want to run a country ?!?!? Not a Hilary fan, but both of them are a universe above the republicans in maturity and intelligence.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:36 AM

3,750 posts, read 1,717,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I see Hillarys new strategy is to restate Sanders statements but include she'll do it better.

that's exactly what I thought too, especially when she said she accepts small donations and is proud of it.... but completely ignores Bernie when he mentions her accepting millions thru Wall-street.

another thing when Bernie at one point said he respected her and she is a friend, her face looks angry, she didn't even smile or anything. She really acts like she can't stand him when he talks.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Hilary's 80's republicanism is no match for Bernie. One thing that struck me though, is how grown up they acted. When the repub klown kar empties out on their stage, it looks like second graders at recess. The childish bickering and name calling is embarrassing. And these children want to run a country ?!?!? Not a Hilary fan, but both of them are a universe above the republicans in maturity and intelligence.
That is entirely owing to Bernie Sanders. It takes two hands to clap.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:46 AM

7,532 posts, read 11,507,153 times
This go around Clinton has not wone one debate so far S M H after each debate Clinton comes off as a big clown

Old 02-12-2016, 02:02 AM

88,556 posts, read 44,263,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Bernie Sanders: "No Wall Street execs having been prosecuted"
Neither Obama's DOJ nor the SDNY (both very Dem) would prosecute them. Bernie needs to look to the Dem party, including himself, for fault on that.

Justice Denied: Why Wall Streeters Aren't Going to Prison
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections