U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 06:57 PM

5,382 posts, read 2,194,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
They have already written it into law but nobody is doing anything about it. I am confident Trump will personally jump in the backhoe and start digging the day after inauguration. That is how motivated he is. Can you see Cruz doing that? No, but he will "talk" about it.
No, Cruz won't do that, because he is educated and understands the Constitutional role of the President and it is not manning a backhoe like a Reality Star trying to get a photo op for the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 12:32 AM

9,832 posts, read 7,671,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
"Tinfoil hat syndrome" seems to be spreading around here, and not among those of us in Right, or even Center Field.
Like Trump's campaign and the man himself, my post was a complete joke.

I do find it amazing that he touts the Great Wall of China, consider the amount of lives it tool to construct it.

Old 02-13-2016, 04:34 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 25 days ago)

58,166 posts, read 40,950,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Maybe he will build a "virtual" wall and enact E-Verify by Executive Order. Millions will self-deport.
And it's gonna be big fun watching the pigs fly when that happens

Old 02-13-2016, 04:37 AM

30,193 posts, read 16,615,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Please answer. Since when has America become a monarchy?
Did you ask that question re. Obama's power grabbing? Perhaps you should. Remember: "I won."

And, please answer, when did Trump ever say he was going to "end free trade?"

Old 02-13-2016, 04:47 AM

Quote:
And all are for imposing tariffs and ending cheap labor? I'm sure that's a way to placate their donars and constituencies.
There was a time in US history when tariffs were the only source of money the Fed government had.

You people talk about "cheap labor" as if illegal immigrants are the only source of labor in the US, and I wonder if you realize that most manufacturing requires skilled workers who are not "cheap labor" (even though you don't like the idea of not having a $15/hr minimum wage). You make it sound as though manufacturing jobs only go to Mexicans, who are paid below minimum wage, and never receive a raise. I'd like to see your evidence.

And let me add that I spent a lot of years in manufacturing, so I know a lot about every aspect of it, from material control, to assembly (and also machine shop), to quality control, to sales and marketing, accounting, invoicing, and shipping/receiving. I've been involved with it all.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Be serious.

The actual answer is that he WON'T!
This is true. And besides, Trump himself isn't that "conservative." Trump is only "trumpeting" (pun intended) what needs to be done, to make the country "great again." We need to put America and American interests FIRST, and put in place policies that help businesses grow and prosper, creating JOBS (which hasn't been happening, despite what this administration claims). Trump is pro-growth, and pro-jobs, which means he must be pro-business.

You cannot regulate and tax the country to prosperity. That's what is driving businesses over seas ... over-regulation and over-taxation. And Sanders and Hillary want more of each!

Old 02-13-2016, 05:26 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,008,988 times
Quote:
Please answer. Since when has America become a monarchy?
Well, Obama thinks it is a monarchy so some may have come to believe that if they have been watching him.

People want a Wall. Once people are walked through the issues this will solve, gangs coming in, illegal drugs coming in, ISIS coming in (a major training camp is just 8 miles out from the Mexican border). People do not realize the cost of caring for these illegal aliens that have invaded our country: The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers (2013) This does not even take info consideration the diseases, viruses and "bugs" that they bring in.

We used to put tariffs on products coming in to level the playing fields so that our citizens had jobs, good ones and were not undercut by the cheap or in China's case, prison labor. We didn't use to trade with countries that basically had their workers enslaved. If we want to have jobs, good ones, that pay a decent wage, this is necessary. I mean, seriously, paying $15.00 an hour for someone to greet you at Wal-Mart is not feasible so we have to bring in jobs that pay a living wage and we can only do that by putting tariffs on incoming goods. You'll say our goods will cost more but we will be generating income to pay more and it will increase the tax base so that we can have better education and repair our failing infrastructure.

I am so tired of buying the foreign produced goods and having no choice. I work very hard to buy USA made and encourage others to google for those products. The foreign made stuff is nothing but junk and requires constant replacement which does not save you money.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:35 AM

71,920 posts, read 83,551,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I highly suspect Trump will have the most conservative Congress in recent history. That's how.
Are you kidding? If anything he may have one of the most liberal. what makes you think he will have a conservative one? Plus even then, do you have any idea what it would take to build this beautiful wall? I know, Mexico will pay for it. He still hasn't told us how.

Or maybe he will just sue them, that is his favorite word "sue" along with he is my friend; everyone is his friend and he has worked with all of them. Of course the friendship ends when he doesn't get his way.

While he is expecting Mexico somehow magically paying for the fence what about all those from central and So America that are entering our country through Mexico, how is he going to get their countries to pitch in?

Last edited by nmnita; 02-13-2016 at 05:54 AM..

Old 02-13-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I like the part about deporting 12 million people. Each one of them is allowed to have a hearing. Just how long do you think that will take? Like 25 years?
and while they are awaiting their hearing let's hope he talks to all the contractors working for him to make sure they have proof none of their workers are illegal.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
During the recession three million self-deported in six months.
So you are predicting another recession? Won't that be a great thing to look forward to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or