U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-12-2016, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Jamestown, NY
7,841 posts, read 7,302,672 times
Reputation: 13779

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Bernie Sanders IS liberalism. He IS a Democrat Socialist. He has lived and worked that way his whole life. So why is it the Democrat Party and many of their counterparts in the "news" media are doing all they can to help Hillary?

They are literally changing rules to help her.

My take on it is that most Dems in DC are frauds. They are as bad or worse than they claim the GOP is. They are dishonest, self-serving, power and money hungry pathetic excuses for human beings. There is no other explanation to support a known liar, like Hillary. Hillary, who is largely funded by Wall Street. Hillary who is under INVESTIGATION by the FBI. And not just her, her shady foundation now too.

Even PBS and NPR favor Hillary. You had one of the "moderators" last night at the Dem debate utter "oh God" when Sanders was talking. One of them was also ........a Clinton Foundation donor. LOL You can make this stuff up anymore. Out entire political system and "news" organizations....filled with bias, corruption, lies.

I am not one for socialism or big government, but damn it, it's hard not to like or even admire Bernie. Truly as grassroots campaign and the guy is honest. He's truly led by actions for decades. It just boggles my mind how the DNC and media STILL fawn over Hillary.
Why do you assume all Democrats are liberals of Bernie Sanders' type? Some of us of us charged our windmills decades ago in Birmingham, Berkeley, Chicago, and Kent, Ohio, and now we know it's smarter to pick our fights. Others have never been into socialism but aren't into worshipping unfettered capitalism either. Others don't like racism, xenophobia, homophobia or theocracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-12-2016, 05:19 PM
 
9,562 posts, read 5,909,355 times
Reputation: 6472
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
She has sponsored THREE bills while in the Senate, all of them dealt with naming of roads or buildings.

Attaching your name to someone elses bill, which many do, isnt a sign of leadership..

The rest is just complete hogwash
She cosponsored over 70 bills!!! This idea that if you work on a team you cannot take credit is very foreign to normal people like me. You may want to explain yourself. Using your logic, Michael Jordan cannot take credit for his six championship rings.

This is an example of a wing-nut who mingled common sense in order to justify his bias.
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Jamestown, NY
7,841 posts, read 7,302,672 times
Reputation: 13779
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
no he's not

Liberalism:
a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard
We're not talking 19th century economics here, but 21st century politics.

Modern definition of liberalism:
Quote:
1. the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.

2. a political or social philosophy advocating the freedom of the individual, parliamentary systems of government, nonviolent modification of political, social, or economic institutions to assure unrestricted development in all spheres of human endeavor, and governmental guarantees of individual rights and civil liberties.

3. (sometimes initial capital letter) the principles and practices of a liberal party in politics.

4. a movement in modern Protestantism that emphasizes freedom from tradition and authority, the adjustment of religious beliefs to scientific conceptions, and the development of spiritual capacities.
from Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 05:26 PM
 
9,562 posts, read 5,909,355 times
Reputation: 6472
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet she claims she & Bill were broke just a few years later.

Either she didn't earn this money as claimed, or the Clintons are horrible at money management. Your choice.
Why can't you grasp simple logic? Hillary made that money at least eights years before her "broke" claim. A lot can happen in eight years. Do you not get that someone can make a ton of money in 1990 but lose that money and then some by 1998?? Is this a foreign concept to you?

Let me guess, you're going to ignore what I've wrote and retort that I didn't address your point. Am I right?
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 05:28 PM
 
44,448 posts, read 17,754,807 times
Reputation: 18695
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Why can't you grasp simple logic? Hillary made that money at least eights years before her "broke" claim. A lot can happen in eight years. Do you not get that someone can make a ton of money in 1990 but lose that money and then some by 1998?? Is this a foreign concept to you?
.
I gave you simple logic. You respond with hypotheticals in bad attempt to disprove that logic.
Do you not get that someone can make a ton of money in 1990 but lose that money and then some by 1998?
Sure they can. It's call bad money management. Exactly my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 05:30 PM
 
9,562 posts, read 5,909,355 times
Reputation: 6472
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I gave you simple logic. You respond with hypotheticals in bad attempt to disprove that logic.
Do you not get that someone can make a ton of money in 1990 but lose that money and then some by 1998?
Sure they can. It's call bad money management. Exactly my point.
Or an expensive lawsuit? Did you forget about that one?
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 05:44 PM
 
Location: Jamestown, NY
7,841 posts, read 7,302,672 times
Reputation: 13779
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I gave you simple logic. You respond with hypotheticals in bad attempt to disprove that logic.
Do you not get that someone can make a ton of money in 1990 but lose that money and then some by 1998?
Sure they can. It's call bad money management. Exactly my point.
Well, then, going bankrupt multiple times must be even worse money management, wouldn't you agree? Or is Trump the Buffoon given a pass because he's your hero?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 05:44 PM
mm4
 
5,711 posts, read 3,129,765 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Bernie Sanders IS liberalism. He IS a Democrat Socialist. He has lived and worked that way his whole life. So why is it the Democrat Party and many of their counterparts in the "news" media are doing all they can to help Hillary?
And Hillary is a Democratic Socialist. They're both running for the Democratic Socialist Party nomination.

This is socialist:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V-_4-vFinM

Between all the snare drum and word swallowing, you even need subtitles for one of those vignettes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 06:37 PM
 
Location: My little patch of Earth
6,193 posts, read 4,556,639 times
Reputation: 3046
How does liberal/socialist get by in a capitalist system?

Easy, get into office and ride the wave.....

Those that don't go into universities to brainwash the young easys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 07:13 PM
 
12,767 posts, read 4,608,836 times
Reputation: 5176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Why do you assume all Democrats are liberals of Bernie Sanders' type?
On issue after issue, Democrats overwhelmingly support the policy stances of Bernie Sanders. Forget labels, just look at the issues. Look at his platform and his track record. Notice how Hillary doesnt really try to attack him from the right, because she knows Democrats overwhelmingly support his policies.

In European countries, Sanders could maybe be a member of some of the conservative parties. He is a New Dealer at heart. Just like Eisenhower. And he is not beholden to wealthy special interests and powerful campaign donors, but is only beholden to the voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:08 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top