U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 10:46 AM

58,187 posts, read 41,002,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have wondered the same thing since day one. His appeal is beyond me. I understand he knows where our problems lie, but his reasoning on how to fix them are either a secret to most or totally unworkable. He has no charm or charisma unless taking fun and insulting people who do not agree with you is charming to some. He isn't PC, we all admire that in him but there is a way to not be PC and still not be crude and rude. Last but not least, he is an outsider. That isn't always a good thing.

How is he an outsider?

He does after all boast about buying politicians in the 'pay to play' game.

He may have been a buyer rather than a seller but he's still been playing the same game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 10:47 AM

6,226 posts, read 6,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Sound business decision for who? The business declaring bankruptcy, sure, but for all the people that business owes money to it stinks and often leads to other businesses having to close their doors. Bankruptcy is forcing others to pay for your bad decisions. Trump benefitted and others paid, I'm sure he did consider that a great solution.
Chapter 11 is used by many well known companies all the time. Chapter 11 is not chapter 7. 11 does not mean its vendors will not get paid. Its a tool that allows time for the business to reorganize in order to pay its obligations. The nature of some businesses are more vulnerable than others so even the best intentions can lead to chapter 11 eventually.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:47 AM

71,968 posts, read 83,656,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think you are right but how does what you said make Trump any different than any other candidate who is busy shovelling the you know what at us?
the others for the most part are a little more honest and are willing to realize they are not kings and queens. Well most of them anyway. they also know it takes 2 sides to make things work, he thinks it can be done just cause he is rich!!!! I don't really think he got into this race to win, but now he is in deep and doesn't know how to get out. No matter what he says or does his supporters kiss his XXXX

Old 02-13-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Chapter 11 is used by many well known companies all the time. Chapter 11 is not chapter 7. 11 does not mean its vendors will not get paid. Its a tool that allows time for the business to reorganize in order to pay its obligations. The nature of some businesses are more vulnerable than others so even the best intentions can lead to chapter 11 eventually.
Or, they can pave the road to hell.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
What I find off-putting about Trump is that when something like Filing Chapter 11 is questioned his response is something like 'That wasn't me, that was the company' but when his company does something good it's like 'I did that!".

Old 02-13-2016, 12:18 PM

7,801 posts, read 4,391,333 times
How can Sanders supporters not see that he's a delusional, doddering, irascible old man with a monomania about the current economy who has one foot in the nursing home if not the grave?

No accounting for taste!

Old 02-13-2016, 01:04 PM

33,302 posts, read 20,110,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Sound business decision for who? The business declaring bankruptcy, sure, but for all the people that business owes money to it stinks and often leads to other businesses having to close their doors. Bankruptcy is forcing others to pay for your bad decisions. Trump benefitted and others paid, I'm sure he did consider that a great solution.
Sound business decision for the business. I think you expect too much from people.

So anybody who filed bankruptcy cannot be presidential candidate? That is rather harsh, isn't that?

Do you pay full credit debt if Consolidation is your option? please.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:29 PM

5,236 posts, read 3,756,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

Show me in his life where he has put other interests first outside of his business and himself.
Donald Trump Quietly Helped Marine Whom Obama Ignored - The Political Insider

Old 02-13-2016, 02:25 PM

14,735 posts, read 10,630,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What I find off-putting about Trump is that when something like Filing Chapter 11 is questioned his response is something like 'That wasn't me, that was the company' but when his company does something good it's like 'I did that!".
Sound familar, doesn't it? I don't get how his supporters fail to see the similarities between Trump and the current White House resident.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:28 PM

14,735 posts, read 10,630,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Sound business decision for the business. I think you expect too much from people.

So anybody who filed bankruptcy cannot be presidential candidate? That is rather harsh, isn't that?

Do you pay full credit debt if Consolidation is your option? please.
If your stated primary example of why you are qualified to be president is that you are a great businessman, it is an example that you aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or