U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 05:57 PM

22,779 posts, read 16,859,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
yeah, sure... that great name. the one tied to four bankruptcies, picking on little old ladies, manipulating politics/government to get what he wants, alleged raping his wife, messing around and getting his lover pregnant, tacky reality show, childish rants against Macy's, not to mention his vulgar mouth.... Being a horrible president isn't wouldn't take that name any lower than he has already.
Oh look, another one who doesn't comprehend how business works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 06:09 PM

11,845 posts, read 3,230,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I dont think any candidate is perfect, that will NEVER happen. The thing with Trump is it is such an obvious delusion. He is not who he claims to be. He admits he will do and say anything. There is flip flopping, and then there is Trump. Its more than a flip flop.

I dont want someone who "works the system". Thats not very different than someone like Hillary. Working the system means you have other priorities (your self, your business, your empire) that matter more than values or morals or whats right. How am I to believe this man puts America's interests first?
This ^^^^^. Call me cynical, but I don't understand why people trust that Trump has changed and believes what he is currently espousing at all.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:10 PM

7,185 posts, read 2,759,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh look, another one who doesn't comprehend how business works.
I do comprehend how business works. Gazillions of business people have managed to be successful without having to resort to bankruptcy, even once, so that someone else holds the bag for their incompetence - much less choosing to resort to bankruptcy four times. Just like a person who has received unemployment in the past is considered to be more of a risk for filing unemployment in the future, and someone who has had a car accident is considered more of a risk for another accident... someone who repeatedly uses bankruptcy to get out of their bad decisions is... well... high risk.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
We all need to understand this and vote for the person we think will move things in the direction we want.
But why do you think Trump will try to move things along consistent with the way he is CURRENTLY saying he will? If one were to rank the candidates on consistency re their views over a long period of time, Trump would not rank near the top.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:27 PM

8,702 posts, read 2,496,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I do comprehend how business works. Gazillions of business people have managed to be successful without having to resort to bankruptcy, even once, so that someone else holds the bag for their incompetence - much less choosing to resort to bankruptcy four times. Just like a person who has received unemployment in the past is considered to be more of a risk for filing unemployment in the future, and someone who has had a car accident is considered more of a risk for another accident... someone who repeatedly uses bankruptcy to get out of their bad decisions is... well... high risk.
You must hate every politician in office and for the last 100 years. They don't file bankruptcy they just raise taxes and continue as before.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:31 PM

6,193 posts, read 4,572,944 times
It says a lot about a populace of voters that rally behind a candidate running for office after hearing his promises and empty rhetoric when in reality they have other plans for their time in office.

Wait didn't that happen in '08 and '12?

We never learn.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:42 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,599,159 times
I'm in the camp that believes Trump is truly dangerous. True, we are in the minority as millions and millions of Americans consider him one of the most admired humans currently existing on the planet ...after all, he's tied with the Pope for second place (something I just can't understand). Yes, he lures all of you in by his brash talk promising to cure all the country's ills but what he really is doing is feeding his own sense of importance. He is driven by the need to win, to be admired, to be important, .

Yes, he's keeping up a rigorous schedule to get elected but not so he can ultimately help YOU but to help HIMSELF be more powerful as being POTUS is obviously the most powerful job in the world. So I personally don't buy the notion that he ultimately wants to help ME like most who worship him believe. To me, his wanting to make America great again pales in comparison to his own desire to make himself even greater as it's the one powerful position he hasn't obtained.

Making America great again is his desire to go back to the days when white males ruled the nation ...not only in politics but when all U.S. corporations were run by white males. Making American great again is to make America white again ...no big deal but for those of us who are not Caucasian, it's taking a giant step backward. Remember, to White Supremacists and White Nationalist, he's their "omnipotent savior" ...somebody who can get control over and perhaps slow down Caucasians someday becoming the minority in this country. Hell, I don't even necessarily want to live in a country where Caucasians are a minority; strangely. But I won't live long enough to see that happening anyway as I'm a senior citizen.

I chuckle when I see minorities sitting in the audience cheering him on at his rallies. I don't think they understand the dangers that we may be up against under a Trump autocracy. I was born in this country and so were my parents but I happen not to be Caucasian and I still fear his being elected POTUS ...those who are immigrants who may not be Caucasian have even more to fear, however.

I know I'll be called delusional and crazy but it's just my own feeling I get from the man. Since we are still free to express our opinions in this country, I'm expressing mine. Hopefully, I won't get kicked out ...yet.

A neuroscientist explains: Trump has a mental disorder that makes him a dangerous world leader

Old 02-12-2016, 06:44 PM

1,469 posts, read 861,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I dont think any candidate is perfect, that will NEVER happen. The thing with Trump is it is such an obvious delusion. He is not who he claims to be. He admits he will do and say anything. There is flip flopping, and then there is Trump. Its more than a flip flop.

I dont want someone who "works the system". Thats not very different than someone like Hillary. Working the system means you have other priorities (your self, your business, your empire) that matter more than values or morals or whats right. How am I to believe this man puts America's interests first?

Show me in his life where he has put other interests first outside of his business and himself.
If what you say is true then Trump stands to lose a lot if he doesn't deliver on his promise to make America great again. He would be the laughing stock & being a proud man he couldn't live with that. He has proven himself as an excellent businessman, he works nonstop with an A type personality & I personally believe he is the only one in the race who will NOT be all talk and no action.

Negotiation is an art. My dad was excellent at it and my job as a Realtor was successful by learning that art from him. I may not be happy with all of the details of Trumps life but I respect his ability to know what to do to turn our country around....And for those reasons he has my vote....

Old 02-12-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I support Cruz. Being merely mortal, he is neither perfect nor without flaws. That is a false argument, since all candidates running for office are human and thus are flawed.
I am beginning to lean his way as well. I might be described as a libertarian on a number of issues (not all, as I am fairly hawkish, etc.). Whenever that intersects with progressives on an issue, that is a coincidence, not an indication of support for progressivism. I think Cruz is much more likely than Trump to TRY to carry out what we currently hear him espouse.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:48 PM

1,469 posts, read 861,325 times
[quote=poopskooper;42989106]

Making America great again is his desire to go back to the days when white males ruled the nation ...not only in politics but when all U.S. corporations were run by white males. Making American great again is to make America white again

If that is true his daughter would never have been chosen by him to be in charge of his businesses...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or