Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 02:30 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
yepper, countless hours day after day on the campaign trail certainly doesn't sound like fun to me.

Trump 2016!
Why? He is traveling around the country telling everyone how awesome he is and has crowds of people feeding his ego? Why in the world would Trump NOT love all that attention. Not to mention he gets to be on TV nearly every night telling millions of viewers how awesome he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 02:30 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Trump is the GOP version of Obama. He makes vague statements about what he is going to do, but not how and he uses the slogan "Make America Great Again" which can mean different things to different people.

Trump is a blank screen that his supporters are projecting their perfect candidate onto, just like supporters of Obama did. Unfortunately, Trump supporters are in for the same disappointment and frustration that Obama supporters faced when Obama took office and failed at all the things he promised and the things he did do resulted in disaster.
good post. I think you nailed it.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:44 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
Yeah the Elephant in the Livingroom is the glaringly obvious fact that Trump is borderline sociopath.

Live and Learn, America.

You think your boys are dying overseas now fighting a pointless war, wait until Trump gets some Power. We will have WWIII most likely.
People just have imaginations.

He wouldn't be so successful if he were a loose cannon.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:57 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
If he cared only for himself, he would retire and enjoy his billions and never work again.
I disagree. He wants the power and adoration. You see how he lights up when discussing the huge crowd numbers that com to see him and when someone complements him? His ego needs this.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:09 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Trump is for Trump. Always has been. Dont get fooled so easily by this guy.
The thing is, besides Hillary, Trump is the best known candidate out there. What don't you know about the man? People like him. The media loves him. They bash him, but one on one he's smooth and natural and they can't get enough of him. I wish Rubio had the kind of access Trump gets.

Nobody's getting fooled by Trump, that's part of his success, and why negative advertising by Cruz will be a big waste of money.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:10 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I disagree. He wants the power and adoration. You see how he lights up when discussing the huge crowd numbers that com to see him and when someone complements him? His ego needs this.
Do you want him to be a recluse, a wallflower?

You have to have somewhat of an ego to run for office, it goes with the territory. However, we don't accuse politicians of being loose cannons. Politicians all have big egos, however, we overlook it with them and not Trump.

Trump is being dissected by the media to take attention away from the problems in this country caused by politicians, which is why he is running specifically to try and fix. That's why we all talk about his potty mouth, his ego, his multiple affairs and not the national debt, backdoor immigration, sky rocketing cost of education, medical care, and cost of living.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
What candidate doesnt light up when people show up in huge numbers to see them?

ANY candidate would have to have some type of ego in order to run in the first place.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:36 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
I'm still waiting to hear who it is all you anti-Trumps who have posted in this thread support for president. Not only that, tell us why your candidate is is perfect and without flaws.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:49 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
To the OP. How do Hillary supporters not see her for what and who she is?
Bernie supporters. What makes Bernie qualified to be President? Never had a real job, was never successful at anything other than politics and even then just barely.
I am not voting for Trump. That said he knows more about business than any other candidate. He also has an intimate knowledge of how politicians really work. He has bought enough of them after all. Dealing with foreign nations. Evidently he can do that as well.
Hillary's success as SS is not at all impressive. Some say Trump is a liar. I agree he lies. Compared to Hillary Trump is a choir boy.
If the vote came down between Trump or Hillary? Trump would get mine.
Trump or Bernie? Trump again. Bernie excels at spending other peoples money and seems to have very little ability to manage his own. He is an Idealist, not a bad person. The nation needs someone who understands business and how to manage money.

Old 02-12-2016, 04:04 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
If he cared only for himself, he would retire and enjoy his billions and never work again.
Not true. He loves the attention and the power. He has nothing to lose since this is great publicity for him.

Funny, I wonder how many of his supporters really read "Art of the Deal." He admits freely that the goal is to appeal to a person's fantasies. He keeps saying he's a self-made billionaire, but the facts and figures prove that's not totally true.

Sure, he did not blow his inheritance and increased his wealth, but he claimed bankruptcy 4 times. The same man who claims his undeniable love for the Bible, God and family has spent much of his life being a wealthy playboy. He cheated on his first wife, married his mistress and then married a supermodel many years younger than he. So of course people want to be like Donald Trump. That doesn't mean he will turn their pumpkins into shiny carriages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections