U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-12-2016, 12:22 PM
 
6,502 posts, read 5,075,104 times
Reputation: 3588

Advertisements

Trump is for Trump. Always has been. Dont get fooled so easily by this guy. He will play along to get along when he needs to to suit his needs. He just said last week that he can change just like that to whatever he needs to be.

This man would do a deal with Satan if it benefited him, and you all know it. No, he didn't donate to and pal around with liberals like the Clintons and Pelosi because theyre great friends. He did it because he has no morals and he needed to do what he had to do for $$$$ reasons. He is an outright fraud and playing all of you for fools.

At the very start, I liked the guy. That's before I knew much about him. He didn't change along the way because he evolved on beliefs or morals. He changes when it suits him best. He has no real value, beliefs or morals. The only thing he cares about is Trump; Im not sure how that can't be any more obvious. He doesnt hide it very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-12-2016, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Cape Cod
11,877 posts, read 8,270,427 times
Reputation: 20396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Trump is for Trump. Always has been. Dont get fooled so easily by this guy. He will play along to get along when he needs to to suit his needs. He just said last week that he can change just like that to whatever he needs to be.

This man would do a deal with Satan if it benefited him, and you all know it. No, he didn't donate to and pal around with liberals like the Clintons and Pelosi because theyre great friends. He did it because he has no morals and he needed to do what he had to do for $$$$ reasons. He is an outright fraud and playing all of you for fools.

At the very start, I liked the guy. That's before I knew much about him. He didn't change along the way because he evolved on beliefs or morals. He changes when it suits him best. He has no real value, beliefs or morals. The only thing he cares about is Trump; Im not sure how that can't be any more obvious. He doesnt hide it very well.

I think you are right but how does what you said make Trump any different than any other candidate who is busy shovelling the you know what at us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 12:39 PM
 
13,093 posts, read 6,246,325 times
Reputation: 10859
Who do you support? And is your candidate perfect with no flaws? Do let us know.

He has admitted to donating to politicians on both sides of the aisle as he knows how to work the system. He's honest about that. Can you say that about the politicians who take donations from their mega-rich donors and end up in their pockets, beholden to them instead of their constituents?

He's not running for the money---in fact, he is spending his own money. Should he get elected, he won't even take a salary. If he were only in it for himself, then why refuse a salary?

As for changing and flip-flopping, all politicians do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 12:42 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,185 posts, read 15,038,047 times
Reputation: 18249
We do see this "guy" for who he is, more so than most of the other candidates. There have been no surprises like with the other candidates, except with Clinton who is a proven liability.

We aren't playing reality TV here, we are trying to elect a POTUS and there is different criteria. We don't give a darn about his hairstyle, how many wives he has had, where his money came from since it doesn't appear to be from an illegal source, we care that he is the only candidate addressing the REAL issues of our country.

On a personal level, he will benefit from Making America Great Again so he is in it deeper than many of the rest of us. I am sure he doesn't want to leave behind a 3rd world country for his kids after working so hard and so long to build the wealth and reputation that his family has.

Seriously, your time would be better spent trying to convince others to vote for your candidate of choice since you will convince absolutely NO ONE that supports Trump to discontinue their support, not you and not the others in here posting stuff no one cares about out of desperation, frustration and hopelessness brought to them by candidates that just aren't cutting it.

So, we have made our decision. Time for you to make yours!

Trump 2016!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 12:43 PM
 
7,311 posts, read 4,958,977 times
Reputation: 6337
If he cared only for himself, he would retire and enjoy his billions and never work again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 12:44 PM
 
6,502 posts, read 5,075,104 times
Reputation: 3588
I dont think any candidate is perfect, that will NEVER happen. The thing with Trump is it is such an obvious delusion. He is not who he claims to be. He admits he will do and say anything. There is flip flopping, and then there is Trump. Its more than a flip flop.

I dont want someone who "works the system". Thats not very different than someone like Hillary. Working the system means you have other priorities (your self, your business, your empire) that matter more than values or morals or whats right. How am I to believe this man puts America's interests first?

Show me in his life where he has put other interests first outside of his business and himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 12:47 PM
 
7,311 posts, read 4,958,977 times
Reputation: 6337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I dont think any candidate is perfect, that will NEVER happen. The thing with Trump is it is such an obvious delusion. He is not who he claims to be. He admits he will do and say anything. There is flip flopping, and then there is Trump. Its more than a flip flop.

I dont want someone who "works the system". Thats not very different than someone like Hillary. Working the system means you have other priorities (your self, your business, your empire) that matter more than values or morals or whats right. How am I to believe this man puts America's interests first?

Show me in his life where he has put other interests first outside of his business and himself.
Can you name something he proposes that would not benefit the country, but only benefit himself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Sweet Home Chicago!
5,188 posts, read 3,724,967 times
Reputation: 6098
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
If he cared only for himself, he would retire and enjoy his billions and never work again.
yepper, countless hours day after day on the campaign trail certainly doesn't sound like fun to me.

Trump 2016!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 02:10 PM
 
17 posts, read 11,736 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think you are right but how does what you said make Trump any different than any other candidate who is busy shovelling the you know what at us?
This. Although Bernie or Kasich, IMO, may be exception.
The Donald is getting so much attention because he knows HOW to. The ultimate master this side of Vince McMahon at playing audiences and cameras. Knows damn well that the masses in general live for juicy sound bites & twitter feeds, needs to be entertained and stimulated every waking second of their day. Guy knows what he's doing. He's brilliant, honestly. Can't become a billionaire not knowing how to deal with people on a personal and professional level despite his on-camera persona (which is what he is utilizing to the fullest extent) . Any celeb will tell you, bad press is better than no press and as Howard Stern is proof of, the more shocking, the more people pay attention and rant about him, whether they like him or not.

Last edited by lady&thetramp; 02-12-2016 at 02:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 02:16 PM
 
5,382 posts, read 2,197,666 times
Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Trump is for Trump. Always has been. Dont get fooled so easily by this guy. He will play along to get along when he needs to to suit his needs. He just said last week that he can change just like that to whatever he needs to be.

This man would do a deal with Satan if it benefited him, and you all know it. No, he didn't donate to and pal around with liberals like the Clintons and Pelosi because theyre great friends. He did it because he has no morals and he needed to do what he had to do for $$$$ reasons. He is an outright fraud and playing all of you for fools.

At the very start, I liked the guy. That's before I knew much about him. He didn't change along the way because he evolved on beliefs or morals. He changes when it suits him best. He has no real value, beliefs or morals. The only thing he cares about is Trump; Im not sure how that can't be any more obvious. He doesnt hide it very well.
Trump is the GOP version of Obama. He makes vague statements about what he is going to do, but not how and he uses the slogan "Make America Great Again" which can mean different things to different people.

Trump is a blank screen that his supporters are projecting their perfect candidate onto, just like supporters of Obama did. Unfortunately, Trump supporters are in for the same disappointment and frustration that Obama supporters faced when Obama took office and failed at all the things he promised and the things he did do resulted in disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:06 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top