U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 11 days ago)

58,079 posts, read 40,856,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Herr Trump is quite proud of his vulgarities. The only time he manages to restrain himself is when he's in church pandering to the Christians. Then.... BOOM! He's cloaked in wholesome goodness and the word p**** wouldn't emerge from his "I drink my little wine and eat my little cracker " lips.

Can we say "hypocritical fraud" boys and girls?

Maybe he oughta hire those two Corinthians as body guards to keep him on the straight and narrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 07:46 PM

10,864 posts, read 11,914,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Herr Trump is quite proud of his vulgarities. The only time he manages to restrain himself is when he's in church pandering to the Christians. Then.... BOOM! He's cloaked in wholesome goodness and the word p**** wouldn't emerge from his "I drink my little wine and eat my little cracker " lips.

Can we say "hypocritical fraud" boys and girls?
Did you whine and cry when Uncle Joe dropped the F-Bomb during the O-Care signing?

You must not get out much.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:16 PM

2,787 posts, read 3,663,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Donald Trump is vulgar and crass, as most of us know. However, apparently a lot of people are not aware of these tendencies. When they are shown this conduct using actual video clips of Trump behaving this way, they are offended and rather shocked.

This was done in focus groups in South Carolina. The ads are coming out now to make sure that everyone is fully informed. Stay tuned.
Well he sounds like every New Yorker i've ever known,most big city people for that matter.I don't know many rich people but it isn't going to hurt his blue collar support.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Well he sounds like every New Yorker i've ever known,most big city people for that matter.I don't know many rich people but it isn't going to hurt his blue collar support.
How many New Yorkers have you known?

I grew up in the area and most of the people I knew sounded nothing like Donny, especially in public, and they certainly didn't spend most of their time talking about great they were.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:22 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,297,338 times
Trump's language is the smallest problem I have with him. His instability and liberal statism are far more concerning, along with his authoritarianism.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Trump's language is the smallest problem I have with him. His instability and liberal statism are far more concerning, along with his authoritarianism.

The language itself doesn't bother me but the use of it by a military prep-school graduate as well as Ivy League educated man makes me believe he's using it to cover up a basic lack of substance in his platform, much like bands with mediocre musicians use theatrics to cover up their lack of musicianship.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:12 PM

2,787 posts, read 3,663,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How many New Yorkers have you known?

I grew up in the area and most of the people I knew sounded nothing like Donny, especially in public, and they certainly didn't spend most of their time talking about great they were.
I've known quite a few people over the last 30 some years,even dated several girls from New York and most New Yorkers i've known were rather brash and boisterous and not shy about lacing profanities into everyday common conversations.None were rich so perhaps we traveled in different social circles.I wasn't and still aren't an angel in this department myself so it wasn't meant as an insult,just an observation.I wouldn't say male New Yorkers were much worse than other northern big city dwellers profanity wise,but NY women I knew in the 80's were more prone to casual profanity than those I knew in urban/suburban areas of Maryland.

I would agree that those I've known didn't spend most of their time talking about how great they were either.Of course they weren't running for election.

Language that wouldn't raise an eyebrow in some areas can be a scandal in others as i'm sure you know.My first wife,raised in Maryland outside of Wash DC,was banned from the bowling alley when we lived in Moorcroft,Wyoming because she couldn't reign in her propensity for using the 'F' word every 10 seconds.Its bad when you can offend coal miners families.You can imagine the fun I had when visiting relatives in rural Montana.....but i'm getting off track here.

I don't think Trumps language will bother many of the blue collar voters he is trying to attract.It may well turn off some of the evangelicals,[I don't see why they would be attracted to him anyway but surprisingly many are].

Old 02-12-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
I've known quite a few people over the last 30 some years,even dated several girls from New York and most New Yorkers i've known were rather brash and boisterous and not shy about lacing profanities into everyday common conversations.None were rich so perhaps we traveled in different social circles.I wasn't and still aren't an angel in this department myself so it wasn't meant as an insult,just an observation.I wouldn't say male New Yorkers were much worse than other northern big city dwellers profanity wise,but NY women I knew in the 80's were more prone to casual profanity than those I knew in urban/suburban areas of Maryland.
Oh, I'm not saying most in the area aren't capable of rather salty language at times but like it or not, most people have a private and public persona, i.e. they're not always going to use the same language amongst friends as they would at a job interview. At times Donny's language just seems very forced to me, more an act than anything else.

Quote:
I would agree that those I've known didn't spend most of their time talking about how great they were either.Of course they weren't running for election.
Well, it likely doesn't apply to most politicians but the truly accomplished do what they do and let the words of others extol their accomplishments.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:44 PM

20,095 posts, read 12,054,534 times
Today bad words and cutting remarks. in 4 yrs -naked gals dingling off swings and dog fights. Great role models for aspiring kids who want to be president one day!

Old 02-12-2016, 09:49 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,237,566 times
Trump's language, which he has already promised to tone down, is tame compared to cigars, interns, and the Oval office. Americans more than forgave Bill, so most Americans won't hold this against Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or