Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 07:10 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
What's more alarming is that he did absolutely nothing to distinguish himself from his brother GW on foreign policy even when Trump gave him multiple opportunities to do so. He can scream about his family being attacked until he's blue in the face, doesn't change the fact that Dubya was WRONG to go into Iraq to begin with and created a huge mess that has only gotten bigger. Trump was right to call him out on that. Jeb pretty much assured everyone that his presidency will pretty much be a resurrection of the Dubya days.
Jeb thinks his brother is actually "popular".

I believe it's time for the nation to remind him otherwise. Barbara should tell him to cover his ears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 07:26 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post

I believe it's time for the nation to remind him otherwise. Barbara should tell him to cover his ears.
LOL, this exactly.

I can't stand anyone in that hack family.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:42 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post

I think it was a poorly thought out move. What may work in South Carolina will not work in the rest of the country. I have to think Jeb is smart enough to realize this but he may be too preoccupied with trying to stay afloat that he doesn't realize he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

And that may work for the time being until you realize your nose is cut off aka when you become target practice for Trump and whomever else long term.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:11 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
I also find it fascinating that Repubs now use the fact that they didn't want to invade Iraq at the time as a positive talking point for their campaign. Weren't all you GOPers arguing to the teeth that it was necessary just a year or so ago? You especially seemed to say it when defending Dubya.

at least the Republican party is rejecting Jeb Bush.....where are the Democrats? Hillary voted for the war and was part of the regime changes mess in the Middle East today.....where are the Democrats?

where are the Democrats that for years complaining about Republicans taking millions in Super Pac money and against Citizen United and here is Hillary breaking all kinds of fund raising records from Super Pacs.

hypocrisy comes from all sides, huh?

Old 02-14-2016, 08:15 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,521,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
at least the Republican party is rejecting Jeb Bush.....where are the Democrats? Hillary voted for the war and was part of the regime changes mess in the Middle East today.....where are the Democrats?

where are the Democrats that for years complaining about Republicans taking millions in Super Pac money and against Citizen United and here is Hillary breaking all kinds of fund raising records from Super Pacs.

hypocrisy comes from all sides, huh?
I'm no fan of Hillary, nor Super Pacs, so your point doesn't hold much with me. I was talking about the Iraq war and the general Republican support of it for years and years, and the sudden shift of now using NOT supporting the Iraq war as a talking point.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:19 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times
Trump: Screw Jeb
Bush: Screw Trump
Rubio: Screw Cruz
Cruz: Screw Rubio
Kasich: I want to stay positive
Carson: Please visit my website

Old 02-14-2016, 09:55 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Trump patrol reporting for duty!

I was out Saturday night and watched the debate the following morning. I'm also three hours behind a lot of you. Just because you Trump haters jump on C-D two seconds after closing statements and ask "Where are the Trump supporters?" does not mean we think he had a bad night or no longer stand by him.

I don't care who you're for (or not for)--anyone that saw that debate has to admit the crowd was obnoxious. They booed the first syllable out of Trump's mouth every time. Their extended whoops, hollers, piercing screams, and shrieks for Rubio and Jeb ate up time and made it difficult to hear the candidates. Trump haters are placing more emphasis on the volume of his words than the actual words. He had to be forceful against a chorus of groans and boos that erupted before he even got his point out. He had to defend himself against the outright lies of Cruz (asked 3-4 times to cite the source of Trump in favoring of funding Planned Parenthood, he never did answer) and Jeb's hypocritical eminent domain stance. You don't just let a lie float out there unchallenged. Not if you want to win! Trump would not have had to bellow and repeat himself if the moderators had had the sense to shut that crowd up. I have never heard such an unruly audience for a presidential debate. Isn't it usually verboten even to clap?

All in all, Bush cannot buy South Carolina and Marco can't plant enough cheerleaders to make a difference. Notice that Marco tried to 'Hispanic shame' Cruz for not knowing Spanish, but Marco never told us what he DID say on Univision! I was surprised Cruz let him get away with that. Kasich telling people what God wants them to do was pathetic. And Carson faded into the wallpaper as usual.

Trump will take the state.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:30 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Trump patrol reporting for duty!

I was out Saturday night and watched the debate the following morning. I'm also three hours behind a lot of you. Just because you Trump haters jump on C-D two seconds after closing statements and ask "Where are the Trump supporters?" does not mean we think he had a bad night or no longer stand by him.

I don't care who you're for (or not for)--anyone that saw that debate has to admit the crowd was obnoxious. They booed the first syllable out of Trump's mouth every time. Their extended whoops, hollers, piercing screams, and shrieks for Rubio and Jeb ate up time and made it difficult to hear the candidates. Trump haters are placing more emphasis on the volume of his words than the actual words. He had to be forceful against a chorus of groans and boos that erupted before he even got his point out. He had to defend himself against the outright lies of Cruz (asked 3-4 times to cite the source of Trump in favoring of funding Planned Parenthood, he never did answer) and Jeb's hypocritical eminent domain stance. You don't just let a lie float out there unchallenged. Not if you want to win! Trump would not have had to bellow and repeat himself if the moderators had had the sense to shut that crowd up. I have never heard such an unruly audience for a presidential debate. Isn't it usually verboten even to clap?

All in all, Bush cannot buy South Carolina and Marco can't plant enough cheerleaders to make a difference. Notice that Marco tried to 'Hispanic shame' Cruz for not knowing Spanish, but Marco never told us what he DID say on Univision! I was surprised Cruz let him get away with that. Kasich telling people what God wants them to do was pathetic. And Carson faded into the wallpaper as usual.

Trump will take the state.
I'm a liberal Hillary supporter, and I pretty much agree with you. The crowd was so incredibly obnoxious. I'm shocked they were allowed to carry on like that. My honest views of Trump are that he's not as bigoted as he pretends to be. I seriously think he likes to pander to that low-class element of our country. (Take a look at some of the people who attend his rallies. Scary!) He likes to shock, and he likes the attention from that segment of the population.

Anyway, I think he was spot-on about Bush and his hack family. I hope stupid Jeb takes a much-deserved flying plunge in the polls for his blind faith in his lame-ass brother.

I was completely on Trump's side during that debate.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:48 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
I'm no fan of Hillary, nor Super Pacs, so your point doesn't hold much with me. I was talking about the Iraq war and the general Republican support of it for years and years, and the sudden shift of now using NOT supporting the Iraq war as a talking point.
So 2 of the candidates, Bush and Kasich said they were against it and you deduct that the " general Republican support of it" has shifted.

Brilliant, just brilliant.

As I stated NONE of the libs LIKE any of the candidates and all they have is juvinile insults and the post after I said just solidifies my thinking.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:59 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I'm a liberal Hillary supporter, and I pretty much agree with you. The crowd was so incredibly obnoxious. I'm shocked they were allowed to carry on like that. My honest views of Trump are that he's not as bigoted as he pretends to be. I seriously think he likes to pander to that low-class element of our country. (Take a look at some of the people who attend his rallies. Scary!) He likes to shock, and he likes the attention from that segment of the population.

Anyway, I think he was spot-on about Bush and his hack family. I hope stupid Jeb takes a much-deserved flying plunge in the polls for his blind faith in his lame-ass brother.

I was completely on Trump's side during that debate.
You seem like a reasonable person, so I have an honest question for you.

I have NO problem with people not liking other people. That is their prerogative but, Why the constant degrading insults, " Bush and his hack family." ?

It seems that whenever a liberal tries to have a discussion they resort to the name calling of people they don't like.

Read this thread alone and read some of what other liberals are saying.

I don't even know why they watched. we KNOW they aren't going to vote for any of them.

Do you think it make sthe rest of us look at you better?

Do you think it makes us listen to you more?

In most case when I first read an insult, I skip the rest of the post so, they have gained nothing.

I am NOT looking for an argument, just an honest answer,

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections