Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 04:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Most of the usual Trump patrol sure is quiet around here this morning.

And do wonder after Trump's raging series of out-of-control eruptions on prime-time television last night.
I was wondering if Trump knows what a moment of silence is for. OR, if he just didn't like Scalia.
Everyone else on the stage had their head bowed; eyes closed; and Trump was just looking around like . .
Anyway, it was totally awkward.

Combined with his outbursts (but come on he did get in a good zinger about how Barbara should be running). Other than that, well, this was his worst debate yet. I don't expect it to hurt him in the polls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 04:41 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
The silence is defening.

Old 02-14-2016, 04:49 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The silence is defening.
I didn't watch the debate. It's irrelevant. Not much else to say about it.

And BTW, I've said this about every debate on most sides. They are dog & pony shows. Well..... Except where Rubio was spanked by Christie.

Old 02-14-2016, 04:56 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
The debate confirmed once again that Trump can only function when he's surrounded by fawning sycophants.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:18 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,201,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Jeb feels he's entitled to the presidency without actually doing anything. The Donald isn't going to let him get away with that.
What's more alarming is that he did absolutely nothing to distinguish himself from his brother GW on foreign policy even when Trump gave him multiple opportunities to do so. He can scream about his family being attacked until he's blue in the face, doesn't change the fact that Dubya was WRONG to go into Iraq to begin with and created a huge mess that has only gotten bigger. Trump was right to call him out on that. Jeb pretty much assured everyone that his presidency will pretty much be a resurrection of the Dubya days.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:08 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
I read this morning many of the first few pages of posts.

I just finished watching the debate.

Some of MY observations.

CBS did a TERRIBLE job. Probably the WORSE of all the repub debates.

Some have complained about a candidate interrupting another candidates.

OF COURSE THEY ARE. Their propose is to get air time and speak.

The ONLY reason it happened so much is the so-called moderators did NOT CONTROL THE CANDIDATES..

They should NOT have allowed all the "fans" yelling and screaming.

Again no control.

I could tell this was MSM debate based on some of the silly question that were asked..

Liberals on here do NOT like any of the candidates, SURPRISE, SURPRISE.

They trash talk them because they are liberals and all the candidates are repubs.

They don't use the same language when talking about their dem candidates. Hmm, I wonder why?

I don't even know why the watched. It certainly is NOT going to change who they are going to vote for.

Unless they like to act like little children, insulting and mocking people whom they disagree with.

Very Immature in my mind.

The polls I have seen shows Trump winning but, I will let each person make up their OWN mind.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:36 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,524,800 times
The GOP is so fractured that they're handing the nomination to Trump whose going to hand the presidency to the democrats. They are playing into the media spectacle of debate after debate looking only for controversy and political entertainment. They have got to get their act together and offer solutions and not just another clown for the circus. The answer is right in front of them, all they have to do is ask what is it in Trump that is winning the hearts of their constituency.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:43 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,517,350 times
busy with work so just watched the debate now...boy oh boy...if this is the best of the best in the GOP I'm really afraid for you guys.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:46 PM

300 posts, read 267,291 times
The audience was the worst part of it all.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:54 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,517,350 times
I also find it fascinating that Repubs now use the fact that they didn't want to invade Iraq at the time as a positive talking point for their campaign. Weren't all you GOPers arguing to the teeth that it was necessary just a year or so ago? You especially seemed to say it when defending Dubya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections