Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 11:56 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
He sure would, and I know exactly where he'd go.

In tonight's debate, right before they came back after the commercial (or before, I can't recall), I noticed Trump gesturing to and putting his hand on Rubio's arm in a friendly manner, and it seemed Rubio wanted no part of it, but it made me wonder...

For other posters: Rubio is not short; he's 5'10." I think he seems shorter because he tends to gain weight/retain water, especially in his face. But if you really look closely at him next to the rest, he's not short.
I think he's more like 5'8" without his high heels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 11:58 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
I think Trump should take LOTS of photos of Jeb! embracing W. Run ads with them and ask: do you want more of this?

Old 02-14-2016, 12:38 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Maybe they are gay lovers.
Didn't Trump the clown send Mr. sweaty some water?

Old 02-14-2016, 12:39 AM

1,676 posts, read 945,629 times
A fine theory, but I really do think at this point that Donald Trump is in it to win it. I think he targeted Jeb! because he is the establishment favorite and former frontrunner; The Donald didn't want him to ever retake his position. And him going after Cruz---well, Cruz went after him first. Trump also knows that Cruz would never be able to beat Hillary Clinton. He's another Barry Goldwater. Trump has no real reason to go after Rubio right now because Rubio isn't a serious threat (yet, at least), and because both Jeb! and Cruz (and formerly, Chris Christie) were/are doing a fine job of that all on their own.

It's just coincidence that Rubio has the same archenemies as Donald Trump. Ted Cruz is standing in the way of Rubio being able to challenge Trump, and Rubio also knows Cruz would be defeated in a general. But first, Rubio must knock out the weakling, Jeb!, and consolidate the establishment's support around him before he can take on Cruz or Trump fully. Rubio won't attack Trump as much because he isn't yet on that level.

Kasich and Carson are not even worth taking on because neither has a chance of scoring the nomination.

Old 02-14-2016, 12:44 AM

300 posts, read 267,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I think he's more like 5'8" without his high heels.
And we all know he shares his high heels with Lindsay Graham.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:01 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
why is Cruz lying about Trump on partial birth abortion?.....Trump was never in favor of that.

I guess he wants to score points with the evangelicals in S.C......what a weasel.

Old 02-14-2016, 04:12 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
why is Cruz lying about Trump on partial birth abortion?.....Trump was never in favor of that.

I guess he wants to score points with the evangelicals in S.C......what a weasel.
Dude..... He was. In his own words: Trump in 1999: 'I am Very Pro-Choice' - NBC News

Videos make denying your words a little tough.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:52 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
You sort of might be on to something with Rubio but it's not to get Rubio elected President. There's no way anyone would put up with the bull**** it takes to run for President if his only goal is kingmaker. Trump wants to win.

I have said early on that to appease the party establishment, Trump will pick one of them to be VP if he wins. And the reason why it will be okay with Trump to do that is that the president controls how he uses his VP. This move will appeal to the GOP because Rubio, who is young, will get the right seasoning he needs in order to run for President down the road. Also, Trump's criticism of Cruz, that he doesn't get along with the other Senators, says a lot about Trump wanting to get along with the Senate to make better deals. They like Rubio. Trump says he (Trump) will be good at getting consensus. Rubio would be a good tool. He's already worked with Democrats. And you never know whether the Senate may flip back to the Democrats.

As VP, Rubio will be out from under the control of his donors since the VP has no real power unless the President gives it to him. There was a big difference in how W used Cheney compared to how Reagan used Quayle, for example.

Also Rubio on a ticket has other pluses. My biggest complaint with Rubio is that he knows stuff but has never held a job where he'd have to apply it. His resume is all talk and no action. Well, in the position of VP his knowledge would actually be an asset and the person who would be taking the appropriate action and making the big decisions wouldn't be him but the President. Trump is the action guy.

Then, for people who vote based on such things: Rubio is Hispanic, Rubio is from Florida, Rubio will appeal to young voters, Rubio's young family will appeal to voters...and, you know, his wife won't be speeding around getting tickets. She'll have a driver.

Then there is this for the social conservatives:

“It's not because I want to tell anybody what to do with their bodies or their lives, but because I believe that one of the fundamental rights given to us by our creator is the right to live,” Rubio says in the ad on abortion.

Trump didn't even criticize Rubio after he bombed in the NH debate.

Last edited by LauraC; 02-14-2016 at 06:15 AM..

Old 02-14-2016, 07:16 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You sort of might be on to something with Rubio but it's not to get Rubio elected President. There's no way anyone would put up with the bull**** it takes to run for President if his only goal is kingmaker. Trump wants to win.

I have said early on that to appease the party establishment, Trump will pick one of them to be VP if he wins. And the reason why it will be okay with Trump to do that is that the president controls how he uses his VP. This move will appeal to the GOP because Rubio, who is young, will get the right seasoning he needs in order to run for President down the road. Also, Trump's criticism of Cruz, that he doesn't get along with the other Senators, says a lot about Trump wanting to get along with the Senate to make better deals. They like Rubio. Trump says he (Trump) will be good at getting consensus. Rubio would be a good tool. He's already worked with Democrats. And you never know whether the Senate may flip back to the Democrats.

As VP, Rubio will be out from under the control of his donors since the VP has no real power unless the President gives it to him. There was a big difference in how W used Cheney compared to how Reagan used Quayle, for example.

Also Rubio on a ticket has other pluses. My biggest complaint with Rubio is that he knows stuff but has never held a job where he'd have to apply it. His resume is all talk and no action. Well, in the position of VP his knowledge would actually be an asset and the person who would be taking the appropriate action and making the big decisions wouldn't be him but the President. Trump is the action guy.

Then, for people who vote based on such things: Rubio is Hispanic, Rubio is from Florida, Rubio will appeal to young voters, Rubio's young family will appeal to voters...and, you know, his wife won't be speeding around getting tickets. She'll have a driver.

Then there is this for the social conservatives:

“It's not because I want to tell anybody what to do with their bodies or their lives, but because I believe that one of the fundamental rights given to us by our creator is the right to live,” Rubio says in the ad on abortion.

Trump didn't even criticize Rubio after he bombed in the NH debate.
As much as I hope Trump is not the nominee, I do agree if he manages to get the nomination Rubio would be the ideal choice for Trump to have as his VP. I honestly can't think of another person who would be a better choice. If he doesn't get Rubio, Kasich would be second in line.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:24 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
1. Trump is trashing his brand anyway for people he doesn't like (Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz).
The way a hypothesis is formulated is to begin with more carefully reasoned assumptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
2. Trump accuses Jeb Bush of being a nobody. Why isn't he saying the same thing about Rubio?
So he doesn't say the same thing over again.

This fanciful rationalization, repeated, that Trump gets into a presidential race, for the second time, and this time thoroughly sacrificing his brand, as some contorted way to suddenly turn and bestow the crown to Hillary--or now to a fellow primary contestant.

From the minds of the same voters who think Obama was playing "11th dimensional chess" as he foreshadowed his intentions pre-election by coming in for retroactive telecom immunity, then later laughingly tried to obliterate Libya, Syria, the American Constitution, its Bill of Rights, and national sovereignty, for his globalist handlers.

Last edited by mm4; 02-14-2016 at 09:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections