Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 01:12 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Trump praising Rubio several times now at his press conference...
Lie. Trump repeatedy said Rubio sweated all over the place ("like he just got out of his swimming pool") and said that isn't what you want with someone negotiating with someone like Putin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 02:48 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You sort of might be on to something with Rubio but it's not to get Rubio elected President. There's no way anyone would put up with the bull**** it takes to run for President if his only goal is kingmaker. Trump wants to win.

I have said early on that to appease the party establishment, Trump will pick one of them to be VP if he wins. And the reason why it will be okay with Trump to do that is that the president controls how he uses his VP. This move will appeal to the GOP because Rubio, who is young, will get the right seasoning he needs in order to run for President down the road. Also, Trump's criticism of Cruz, that he doesn't get along with the other Senators, says a lot about Trump wanting to get along with the Senate to make better deals. They like Rubio. Trump says he (Trump) will be good at getting consensus. Rubio would be a good tool. He's already worked with Democrats. And you never know whether the Senate may flip back to the Democrats.

As VP, Rubio will be out from under the control of his donors since the VP has no real power unless the President gives it to him. There was a big difference in how W used Cheney compared to how Reagan used Quayle, for example.

Also Rubio on a ticket has other pluses. My biggest complaint with Rubio is that he knows stuff but has never held a job where he'd have to apply it. His resume is all talk and no action. Well, in the position of VP his knowledge would actually be an asset and the person who would be taking the appropriate action and making the big decisions wouldn't be him but the President. Trump is the action guy.

Then, for people who vote based on such things: Rubio is Hispanic, Rubio is from Florida, Rubio will appeal to young voters, Rubio's young family will appeal to voters...and, you know, his wife won't be speeding around getting tickets. She'll have a driver.

Then there is this for the social conservatives:

“It's not because I want to tell anybody what to do with their bodies or their lives, but because I believe that one of the fundamental rights given to us by our creator is the right to live,” Rubio says in the ad on abortion.

Trump didn't even criticize Rubio after he bombed in the NH debate.
I woke up this morning thinking I had the wrong President with Quayle in some post. I need to stop watching so much cable news before I go to bed. It should have been Bush 41 with Quayle.

Old 02-15-2016, 04:51 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
talk about little boy, do you realize people who think it is cute or clever to call others school yard names sound and act younger than any of the candidates??
LOL, like your establishment opinion matters either. You supported Romney and told everyone who did not stick with the establishment candidate that they were throwing their votes away. You think I care one whit what you think? Answer in plain English: Your opinion means as much to me as a glob of snot on the ground.

Old 02-15-2016, 04:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You think I care one whit what you think? Answer in plain English: Your opinion means as much to me as a glob of snot on the ground.
Wow. You should take a deep breath.

I'm not on the same place politically as nmnita but she has had some OUTSTANDING posts in the election threads.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:55 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Lie. Trump repeatedy said Rubio sweated all over the place ("like he just got out of his swimming pool") and said that isn't what you want with someone negotiating with someone like Putin.

As a Trump supporter I would not like him to pick Rubio as VP. Yet I have seen polls, like this one: Pew Survey: 41% Can't ID Biden as Vice President, where substantial numbers of Americans do not know who is Vice President. Of course, if anything ever happens to the President; then everybody knows who is our Vice President. In Rubio's case, if chosen for VP; I would presume that he would be delegated to some task that keeps him busy and out of the spotlight (like Biden).

I would much rather see him chose a smart woman, maybe a minority woman, that shares some of his ambitions. I would also like to see Trump let her actually have some input into the way we run our government. It would send the clear message that we will make America Great Again and we will not ignore the other half - plus it would make a stronger winning team. Of course I don't have any idea who that woman is?

Old 02-16-2016, 10:57 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
LOL, like your establishment opinion matters either. You supported Romney and told everyone who did not stick with the establishment candidate that they were throwing their votes away. You think I care one whit what you think? Answer in plain English: Your opinion means as much to me as a glob of snot on the ground.
Looks like she was right in retrospect. Good job giving us 4 more years of Obama.

You seem to be becoming more unhinged and vulgar, just like Trump. Osmosis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections