U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 10:12 AM

5,559 posts, read 3,661,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Maybe not for you but for some people those issues are important.

It's their vote, not yours. They can care or not care for whatever they want, just like no one is forcing you to care for any issue against your will.
I know. What other people do with their lives is the most important thing facing Americans today along with small town gossip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 10:37 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,097,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
1. What's his stance on abortion?

2. Does he support gay marriage?
waviking, I'm curious what it is about Trump that's giving him the edge over other candidates for you. That's not a trick question, just curious.

Others have answered your questions, so I'll just say I don't believe he's against abortion or gay marriage, despite anything he might have said to the contrary.

Since many people are attracted to him as a candidate because he's saying he'll send those here illegally back to their native countries, I want to point out it's unlikely he's being sincere. He's also made the comment he wants to change our legal immigration policies to allow more foreigners who go to our colleges to stay and work, and he mentioned the Chinese in particular. This is at a time when 75% of workers in Silicon Valley are foreigners, and we have more Americans out of work than ever.

The fact he wants to allow more foreign workers points to the fact he doesn't really care they are taking American jobs, which also points to the fact it's highly unlikely he cares that those here illegally are taking American jobs. That being the case I highly doubt he gives a rat's a$$ about sending them back. He just wants to get elected.

Just my point of view.

Old 02-14-2016, 10:48 AM

13,355 posts, read 7,343,654 times
OP, are you really considering Trump or is this a troll thread?

Old 02-14-2016, 10:54 AM

32,979 posts, read 19,952,237 times
Regarding gay marriage? Even if it is important to you, it is a non issue.

In an August 2015 interview with The Hollywood Reporter, he agreed same-sex marriage was a "dead issue" after the Supreme Court declared it a constitutional right in June.

"Some people have hopes of passing amendments, but it's not going to happen," Trump said. "Congress can't pass simple things, let alone that. So anybody that's making that an issue is doing it for political reasons. The Supreme Court ruled on it."

Trump is realistic about this issue. So why does it matter if he supports it or not.

Abortion, Trump used to be pro choice, but he is now pro life with exceptions. Doubt this is his priority, not like he is going to make up rules and regulations to stop women from getting abortion.

A little bit off topic, Heck, try condom, birth control ,get your tubes tied, vasectomy, pull out method, try plan b, if everything failed (you must hit the jackpot)

Old 02-14-2016, 10:59 AM

29,720 posts, read 16,469,939 times
It's really hard to know his true positions on these issues because he's done a complete 180 from his prior positions - not that long ago.

He seems to like planned parenthood except for abortions and my opinion is that he does not care about SSM one way of the other. He did say he would 'strongly consider' appointing a conservative judge to overturn SSM. I really didn't believe him but the Republican base needs to hear it so . . . who knows

Old 02-14-2016, 11:00 AM

7,704 posts, read 12,265,320 times
Quote:

He said yesterday in the debate that Planned Parenthood "does some great things". I take it that he won't be forceful in defunding them. He said he disagrees with the abortion part of PP but has refused to denounce the organization as a whole. Well Hamas does great things like sanitation services and builds schools in Gaza but that doesn't mean its not a Muslim terrorist group.

Regardless of the videos, the fact that Planned Parenthood does abortion and is involved in pro-Democrat activism alone should get the entire organization denounced. Its not about which dollars go to abortion. I'm morally opposed to any organization that provides abortion PERIOD. It's a shame Donald Trump isn't willing to totally defund Planned Parenthood and pledge to nominate Supreme Court justices that are pro-life. I also don't blame George W. Bush for 9-11 like Trump implied. Yes it happened on his watch but it was planned under Clinton's watch, even as Clinton was helping the Muslims in Bosnia and Kosovo.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:24 AM

14,555 posts, read 9,622,856 times
Quote:

Republican establishment has been pulling our chains for 40 years over issues that they can't or won't do anything about. Roe v. Wade still stands but every election cycle we are supposed to have abortion litmus test. The gold standard in conservatism, Reagan, played a recorded message over the PA system for demonstrators gathering outside the White House then everybody went home. Choose a candidate based on what he can reasonably deliver on. It is entirely in Trump's power to build the wall and enforce immigration laws and scuttle bad trade deals.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:25 AM

19,187 posts, read 14,947,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
The problem, as I see it, is that far too many people actually believe that.
That's because the politicians usually use those issues to snow people hiding the REAL issues like those being discussed by Trump, the things sending us into 3rd world status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
waviking, I'm curious what it is about Trump that's giving him the edge over other candidates for you. That's not a trick question, just curious.

Others have answered your questions, so I'll just say I don't believe he's against abortion or gay marriage, despite anything he might have said to the contrary.

Since many people are attracted to him as a candidate because he's saying he'll send those here illegally back to their native countries, I want to point out it's unlikely he's being sincere. He's also made the comment he wants to change our legal immigration policies to allow more foreigners who go to our colleges to stay and work, and he mentioned the Chinese in particular. This is at a time when 75% of workers in Silicon Valley are foreigners, and we have more Americans out of work than ever.

The fact he wants to allow more foreign workers points to the fact he doesn't really care they are taking American jobs, which also points to the fact it's highly unlikely he cares that those here illegally are taking American jobs. That being the case I highly doubt he gives a rat's a$$ about sending them back. He just wants to get elected.

Just my point of view.
There is being against gay marriage and there is the issue of state's rights. People need to understand what is going on with that. It can be googled.

Trump has every reason to be sincere about deporting the illegals who are sucking us dry. You can google for that also "cost of illegal immigration". Trump worked hard to build wealth for himself and to pass onto his children. That will all be destroyed if we continue to allow illegal immigrants to invade our country. Look at the cost of amnesty, 2 trillion dollars and if we don't deport them, we will be pushed into giving them amnesty: https://www.numbersusa.com/news/obam...ers-2-trillion They are breaking the bank which is the US taxpayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
He said yesterday in the debate that Planned Parenthood "does some great things". I take it that he won't be forceful in defunding them. He said he disagrees with the abortion part of PP but has refused to denounce the organization as a whole. Well Hamas does great things like sanitation services and builds schools in Gaza but that doesn't mean its not a Muslim terrorist group.

Regardless of the videos, the fact that Planned Parenthood does abortion and is involved in pro-Democrat activism alone should get the entire organization denounced. Its not about which dollars go to abortion. I'm morally opposed to any organization that provides abortion PERIOD. It's a shame Donald Trump isn't willing to totally defund Planned Parenthood and pledge to nominate Supreme Court justices that are pro-life. I also don't blame George W. Bush for 9-11 like Trump implied. Yes it happened on his watch but it was planned under Clinton's watch, even as Clinton was helping the Muslims in Bosnia and Kosovo.
I don't care for what Planned Parenthood has done and oppose abortion but they don't do abortions at every facility. They provide women's health care services and I do not mean ever to say that abortion is a women's health care issue as there is more than the woman to think about when you are stopping another's beating heart. They provide screenings and family planning, etc.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:26 AM

14,555 posts, read 9,622,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Bottomline he is a liar., like Mrs Hillary who will say anything to get a vote.
What votes is he getting by bashing the Bush family in South Carolina? From what I hear he is finished there because they loooove the Bushes.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:48 AM

6,456 posts, read 4,368,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
What votes is he getting by bashing the Bush family in South Carolina? From what I hear he is finished there because they loooove the Bushes.
According to this (attached) 2-14-16 SC poll (that to me just gives an idea of what's going on) Trump is so very far from being finished and that "they don't loooove the Bushes" :
Attached Thumbnails
Two questions before I cast my vote for Trump...-screenshot-2016-02-14-13-12  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or