Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 03:29 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times

Advertisements

The ninth Republican presidential debate was in many ways the nastiest of the campaign, complete with raised voices, name calling, and criticism of family members Saturday night in South Carolina.
Republican debate: Raised voices, name calling and personal attacks

No surprise there from the Party of Hate, and the party with no plan!
They engage in mudslinging because they can't discuss issues that they have no 'credible' plans for, plus that's just their nature, they hate everyone, except the elite!

Sparks Fly at Rowdy Republican Debate in South Carolina
Whether it was calling people a liar, a liberal, a bully, or a loser, almost every presidential hopeful on the stage found something that drove them insane about another candidate — and let them know it.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...rolina-n518471

5 takeaways from the GOP debate
If you like a good heavyweight donnybrook, this was the best debate to date: The two GOP fighters with the sturdiest jaws and nastiest hooks -- Donald Trump and Ted Cruz -- finally went at each other after months of faux-friendship shadow boxing.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz408eNSkae

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 02-14-2016 at 03:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 03:30 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
So disagreement is "hate."

Only a liberal could come up with that.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:33 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
I thought it was a good debate. Now that people are dropping out, there's more focus on the stronger candidates. Some that looked strong totally fumbled with having so much time to talk than in previous debates.

I hope the nastiness does go down, however.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:35 AM

Presidents deal with war, people's prosperity or lack thereof, etc.

Life and death issues -- I would expect angry debate over these things.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:41 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Repubs have no plans for the future other than trash Obama. They want to take Obamacare away with no details on replacement? Really? How smart. You can't just go on a debate to trash the other candidates. When is something substantial going to be discussed? The Dems at least had some answers.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Repubs have no plans for the future other than trash Obama. They want to take Obamacare away with no details on replacement? Really? How smart. You can't just go on a debate to trash the other candidates. When is something substantial going to be discussed? The Dems at least had some answers.
Well, you obviously haven't looked at the Republican candidates' proposals on their websites, etc.

But we'll be nice and pretend to take you seriously.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:47 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Sure they do. They've made proposals. Many of which have similar plans that fix issues with Obamacare. You need to go out and do some research.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Presidents deal with war, people's prosperity or lack thereof, etc.

Life and death issues -- I would expect angry debate over these things.
I would expect a strategic debate. Anger doesn't solve anything.

When I was deployed, I didn't act angrily. I acted strategically because that's what you do when you have the responsibility of life and death issues in war.

Old 02-14-2016, 04:22 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Well, you obviously haven't looked at the Republican candidates' proposals on their websites, etc.

But we'll be nice and pretend to take you seriously.

Why have debates then if I have to run to their websites for answers? Hello?

Old 02-14-2016, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Why have debates then if I have to run to their websites for answers? Hello?
This is where a college education can come into play. There's more to a debate than just rattling off information. I suggest attending college to learn more about what a debate is and what the benefits are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections