Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 05:23 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Once again Trump is the only one independently wealthy enough to call it like he (and most of us) see it !
Fixed it there's something to be said about the luxury of not having to play second fiddle to moneyed interests in DC. Like him or hate him (I haven't made up my mind myself), it's abundantly apparent that Trump answers to no one. Except of course the American people. That simply cannot be said about any other candidate currently running. Ok maybe Bernie but not to the same degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 05:32 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,710,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Fixed it there's something to be said about the luxury of not having to play second fiddle to moneyed interests in DC. Like him or hate him (I haven't made up my mind myself), it's abundantly apparent that Trump answers to no one. Except of course the American people. That simply cannot be said about any other candidate currently running. Ok maybe Bernie but not to the same degree.
Thanks for confirming that the candidate closest to Trump is Bernie Sanders.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Probably like Trump is stating "Common sense Conservatives" which sounds good to me.

In real estate we often say "common sense is not too common anymore".
You may think he has common sense- I don't know of anyone who argues that- but a Democrat supporting, pro Planned Parenthood, anti 2nd Amendment, anti private property, birther, truther, crony capitalist like Trump has no claim on the title of conservative. Sorry but a fantasy wall and some big trade deals that will never happen isn't enough.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Thanks for confirming that the candidate closest to Trump is Bernie Sanders.
Yeah, I don't have a problem "confirming" that. They aren't substantively similar, but in terms of how they are running their campaigns, absolutely. Of all of them, those are the only two who I think are being honest with what they believe and say what they mean to say without regard to the consequences of saying it. Trump has been caught in a few lies but a lot of it was puffery and not the impotent, wishy-washy flip-flopping to constantly make oneself look more appealing like you see with the other candidates.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Yeah, I don't have a problem "confirming" that. They aren't substantively similar, but in terms of how they are running their campaigns, absolutely. Of all of them, those are the only two who I think are being honest with what they believe and say what they mean to say without regard to the consequences of saying it. Trump has been caught in a few lies but a lot of it was puffery and not the impotent, wishy-washy flip-flopping to constantly make oneself look more appealing like you see with the other candidates.
They will both say whatever they think will get them another vote.

And thanks for pointing out that Trump's also a liar. I forgot that one!

Old 02-14-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
They will both say whatever they think will get them another vote.

And thanks for pointing out that Trump's also a liar. I forgot that one!
Trump has taken dozens of gambles that could have ended disastrously. He's not nearly as calculated as maybe you give him credit for, certainly not as much as some of the other politicians. Or maybe he's just light years ahead of everyone else. But yes, Trump has definitely been caught in lies. Every single one of them has, go to any fact checking watchdog site out there. They've all told some whoppers. They're politicians, it's what they do. Trump just has more indicia of reliability because he's not bought out like the others.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Yeah he should have jumped up like a crazy man throwing his arms in the air cursing the attackers and scaring the hell out of the kids huh?

We had terrorist attacks on US soil during Obama's term. Do I hear people saying it was completely Obama's fault? There are hundreds of flights every day. It is silly to think Bush should have known exactly which flights were going to be targeted on which day. And that was one possible threat scenario out of countless that the FBI most likely received.

How many terrorists attacks after 9/11? Zero. So yea, I consider that keeping us safe. OTOH, Obama in the interest of his political career downplayed ISIS and let them grow into one of the most dangerous groups in the world. Why does he get a free pass?

Now that is a sucker's choice; either keep reading; "The Pet Goat" or jump around like a crazy man throwing his arms in the air cursing the attackers and scaring the hell out of the kids. If GWB needed to keep reading "The Pet Goat" to keep himself from going berserk, I guess that was what he needed to do. A level headed person would excuse himself by telling the kids he has important presidential work to do and walk out calmly.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:58 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why didn't clinton act on it? You see we both can play the blame game, it's whether you are willing to accept blame on your side also....

Clinton couldn't act on something that didn't happen under his watch. You expected Clinton to do Bush's presidential duties by taking over the summer of 2001 when specific intelligence about 9/11 poured in? Wow!

Old 02-14-2016, 06:04 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Agreed, but we have to go further back than bush for what happened on 9/11....like it or not, trumph maybe right it happened on bush's watch, but it did not start there....
15 years later and the very system that let the 9/11 terrorist in is unchanged. Sure, we are taking our shoes off, get body scanned and have our phone calls logged but that is not how 9/11 happened. They came in legally and violated their visa rules. They can do that today.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:05 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Clinton couldn't act on something that didn't happen under his watch. You expected Clinton to do Bush's presidential duties by taking over the summer of 2001 when specific intelligence about 9/11 poured in? Wow!

Exactly. It's insulting when people try to convince others that the 3,000 people who died under Bush's watch is the fault of Clinton.

Bush was president. Bush got the intelligence. Bush decided to not take action. The deaths of those people rest squarely on his lame-ass shoulders.

GWB = the worst president ever. Trump is 100% right about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections