U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 06:57 AM

22,412 posts, read 11,545,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Bush was awful, but really does anyone expect a president or the inept self serving fed govt to "keep us safe"?
In fact it would seem decades of foreign policy objectives such as nation building, aggression, occupation and targeted assassination have made US citizens collectively less safe.
Yes, Pat Buchanan warned us. We did not listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 07:07 AM

35,122 posts, read 19,208,373 times
Default Trump is Correct

He's correct but the GOP still has a considerable percentage of Dubya apologists who will insist the he was right to invade Iraq and that Saddam did have WMDs that justified the costly defeat. Such is the depth of denial and split from reality within the Republican party.

He's also correct that Dubya ignored the clear warnings prior to 9/11. I'm a little surprised he didn't mention Bush allowing the Bin Laden family to fly home to Saudi Arabia while all US commercial aviation was grounded in the aftermath.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:20 AM

33,991 posts, read 18,475,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
He's correct but the GOP still has a considerable percentage of Dubya apologists who will insist the he was right to invade Iraq and that Saddam did have WMDs that justified the costly defeat. Such is the depth of denial and split from reality within the Republican party.

He's also correct that Dubya ignored the clear warnings prior to 9/11. I'm a little surprised he didn't mention Bush allowing the Bin Laden family to fly home to Saudi Arabia while all US commercial aviation was grounded in the aftermath.
And such failing memories of the left...

Democrat Quotes on WMD

Quote:
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998
Quote:
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998
Quote:
"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002
Don't let facts get in your way gringo....

And what clear warning signs? Do tell....do tell....

Old 02-14-2016, 07:40 AM

9,985 posts, read 6,741,895 times
It's time to start putting normal Americans in the audiences of these debates
instead of beltway insiders. That crowd was packed with defense contractors,
pharmaceutical lobbyists and other self-interest groups. I noticed one man
clapping and yelling at the top of his lungs when Bush said "Putin will never
be a friend of the United States"... well when I rewinded I saw that man
was none other than Lindsey Graham. Trump is 100% correct about the
makeup of these audiences and 100% correct about the disgusting failure
of the George W. Bush administration which did not keep America safe
and did not advance American interests overseas. I do not want World War 3.
Trump is the only candidate who understands Russia is not our natural enemy
and he is also the only candidate with the courage to understand that the
political establishment and the media have been lying to us for too long.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:04 AM

152 posts, read 131,032 times
Blame clinton who didn't go after Laden beforehand

Old 02-14-2016, 08:23 AM

4,329 posts, read 2,249,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
Bush might not be totally responsible for 9/11 but he and his administration are wholeheartedly responsible for the Iraq war which destabilized the region and cost the lives of thousands of soldiers. Today the entire mess in the Middle East and ISIS can be partly blamed on Bush. Obama and Clinton have to take responsibility for Libya.

I think that by having George Bush campaign for Jeb Bush, that it will actually hurt both Jeb and the Republican party. It will only go to reinforce the political establishment and memories of an administration that was not very popular as well as one that we all want to forget.
+1 yep -

I think it is fundamentally clueless for JebB to not see the correlation between his low polling numbers and his regular defense of Dubya's presidency.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:28 AM

4,329 posts, read 2,249,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Please keep your 'most of us' to yourself. Trump is on record as loving Pelosi, saying Bill and Hillary Clinton are fabulous, holding all of the most liberal positions, being a Democrat, funding Dem priorities and campaigns...4 bankruptcies, three wives, he helped ruin Atlantic City. If you are looking for a loud mouth not connected to a working brain, Trump is your man.

Reality shows are not reality, and Trump is a reality show.
Okay you hate Trump - fine. You are entitled to your opinion but that doesn't change the fact that the guy (Trump) doesn't hide behind political double-talk. That has been his edge from the very beginning.

We all know Iraq was a disaster but the other Republicans are so afraid to acknowledge it that they are hurting their chances to be claim the top spot.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:51 AM

35,219 posts, read 10,406,691 times
Bullbleep.

As I said when I enumerated Trump's non-Conservative positions months ago, I suspected that he'd spend most of his time complaining about Republicans, thereby doing the Democrats' work.

Notwithstanding the fact that the informed among us know that Democrats, too, are on record believing our intelligence, I was right. Again.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:53 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,593,233 times
Trump was epic last night. He also defended Planned Parenthood!

The problem is not Trump. The problem is that the president who put our nation on its deathbed is still popular in South Carolina and South Carolinians still approve of the Iraq War. What is wrong with these people? Even Trump is smarter than these folks.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:56 AM

29,819 posts, read 16,513,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Trump is correct to say that George W. Bush did not keep us safe. Ask the 3,000 who died on 9/11 if George W. Bush kept them safe.
I agree with him but it IS unusual to hear that on a Republican stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Trump was epic last night. He also defended Planned Parenthood!

The problem is not Trump. The problem is that the president who put our nation on its deathbed is still popular in South Carolina and South Carolinians still approve of the Iraq War. What is wrong with these people? Even Trump is smarter than these folks.
Yeah but that could hurt him in South Carolina. Though I agree with him on that as well.

Trump is somewhere between the two parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or