U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-14-2016, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
14,657 posts, read 9,705,752 times
Reputation: 12200

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
How would Trump stop Carrier?
Simple.

Make it unprofitable for them to move. I would figure the per unit savings the realize by avoiding our labor, environmental and the myriad of other regulations and tack it on the product they import. We can't saddle domestic companies with all sorts of regulations then leave the back door open for the big ones to leave. Not everyone can relocate. And no, the tariff will not be automatically passed on to the consumer because there are always other options. Ford can't sell a Focus here for $30,000. That is not what it is worth. They'll come back.

 
Old 02-18-2016, 08:33 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
35,446 posts, read 10,488,468 times
Reputation: 33525
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
After noticing this story: Carrier workers' rage over move to Mexico caught on video

Noticed in the debate yesterday, only Trump actually mentioned these poor people and actually said what he would do about it. All the other corporate sponsored drones (Cruz/Rubio/(ugh)Bush) just blah blah blah flat tax/tax break for small business; the same s*** mouthed for the last couple of decades and never materialized.

On the Democratic Party side? Only Sanders was consistently against free trade agreements which suck away jobs in the U.S. Hillary?

Fool me once, shame on Hillary
1990's-early 2000's Hillary: I support my husband's push for NAFTA
Democrat Party supporting Unions: This is (provably) not good for us
2007-2008 Election season Hillary: I think NAFTA was a bad idea
2007-2008 Hillary supporters: Hillary is allowed to change her mind

Fool me twice, shame on me
2012-2014 Hillary: I'm fully behind the Trans Pacific Partnership (NOTE AFTER SHE SAID NAFTA WAS BAD!)
Democrat Party supporting Unions: This is not good for us
Sanders said TPP was bad!
2015-2016 Election season Hillary: I'm (now) against the Trans Pacific Partnership

And the white well-off people running both Democratic and Republican parties sit there and wonder why Trump and Sanders are so popular... They at least these two give a s*** about the average person.

Hillary/(ugh)Bush/Cruz/Rubio? They might as well be like race car drivers and wear corporate sponsor logos on their jackets to show which corporations endorse them. A vote for these clowns is a vote to keep things the same: Health care costs skyrocketing / people working 2-3-4 part time jobs to survive / middle class evaporating / generations of people dependent upon the government to survive.

Yes!

And Ross Perot was right about that giant sucking sound [of disappearing jobs], wasn't he?
 
Old 02-18-2016, 08:44 PM
 
3,904 posts, read 1,728,593 times
Reputation: 1085
Trump does the SAME EXACT THING! He steals American jobs by outsourcing his clothing line to CHINA and MEXICO! He's a complete fraud.
 
Old 02-18-2016, 10:04 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
14,657 posts, read 9,705,752 times
Reputation: 12200
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Trump does the SAME EXACT THING! He steals American jobs by outsourcing his clothing line to CHINA and MEXICO! He's a complete fraud.
Stop this nonsense. Ties and shirts are all you guys can pick on? They won't pay one month of utilities in Trump Towers. Why don't you mention all the thousands of jobs that he created in construction? And comparing Trump to Sanders is ridiculous. First of all, I don't recall Sanders mention Carrier by name and certainly not with the same intensity. Second, they'll eat Sanders alive. Couple of teenagers took his mic away and almost kicked him off the stage. He is going to negotiate tough trade deals?
 
Old 02-18-2016, 10:17 PM
 
3,904 posts, read 1,728,593 times
Reputation: 1085
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Stop this nonsense. Ties and shirts are all you guys can pick on? They won't pay one month of utilities in Trump Towers. Why don't you mention all the thousands of jobs that he created in construction? And comparing Trump to Sanders is ridiculous. First of all, I don't recall Sanders mention Carrier by name and certainly not with the same intensity. Second, they'll eat Sanders alive. Couple of teenagers took his mic away and almost kicked him off the stage. He is going to negotiate tough trade deals?
So you are willing to overlook the thousands of American jobs Trump has stolen by outsourcing his clothing line to Mexico and China because he's created some construction jobs here? Please besides, there is no way to know how many jobs he's created. The Trump Organization is private and does not disclose how much money it makes or how many it employs......
 
Old 02-18-2016, 10:36 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
14,657 posts, read 9,705,752 times
Reputation: 12200
You are desperate. Ties, shirts and hats. Try harder.
 
Old 02-18-2016, 11:49 PM
 
3,904 posts, read 1,728,593 times
Reputation: 1085
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You are desperate. Ties, shirts and hats. Try harder.
Its a lot more than ties and shirts. Not talking about the "Make America Great Again" garbage, Im talking about his own personal menswear line thats made in CHINA and MEXICO. If he cares so much about America and American jobs, why is he outsourcing his clothing line to foreign countries? Oh, thats right. Because he's a pathetic, lying fraud who only cares about profit margins, not American jobs.

Donald J Trump Collections | Trump Collections | Trump Merchandise
 
Old 02-19-2016, 07:51 AM
 
Location: In Transition
1,632 posts, read 1,609,535 times
Reputation: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
After noticing this story: Carrier workers' rage over move to Mexico caught on video

Noticed in the debate yesterday, only Trump actually mentioned these poor people and actually said what he would do about it. All the other corporate sponsored drones (Cruz/Rubio/(ugh)Bush) just blah blah blah flat tax/tax break for small business; the same s*** mouthed for the last couple of decades and never materialized.

On the Democratic Party side? Only Sanders was consistently against free trade agreements which suck away jobs in the U.S. Hillary?

Fool me once, shame on Hillary
1990's-early 2000's Hillary: I support my husband's push for NAFTA
Democrat Party supporting Unions: This is (provably) not good for us
2007-2008 Election season Hillary: I think NAFTA was a bad idea
2007-2008 Hillary supporters: Hillary is allowed to change her mind

Fool me twice, shame on me
2012-2014 Hillary: I'm fully behind the Trans Pacific Partnership (NOTE AFTER SHE SAID NAFTA WAS BAD!)
Democrat Party supporting Unions: This is not good for us
Sanders said TPP was bad!
2015-2016 Election season Hillary: I'm (now) against the Trans Pacific Partnership

And the white well-off people running both Democratic and Republican parties sit there and wonder why Trump and Sanders are so popular... They at least these two give a s*** about the average person.

Hillary/(ugh)Bush/Cruz/Rubio? They might as well be like race car drivers and wear corporate sponsor logos on their jackets to show which corporations endorse them. A vote for these clowns is a vote to keep things the same: Health care costs skyrocketing / people working 2-3-4 part time jobs to survive / middle class evaporating / generations of people dependent upon the government to survive.
And just to add to this:

- 45 times Secretary Clinton pushed the trade bill (TPP) she now opposes
- Hillary's usual weasel wording: What Hillary Clinton really said about TPP and the 'gold standard'
- Hillary's Record: Pretending to Oppose Trade Agreements

Especially read the second article, where she weasel words her direct responses to her saying "gold standard". Hillary, you were secretary of state while this was going on! You were right in the middle of it, and you were cheer leading this thing like it was the second coming! And now she and her supporters are trying to "do the Clinton" and weasel word their way out of it. Hillary says "I _hoped_ it would be the gold standard". No Hillary, you were actively PUSHING this garbage while you were secretary of state.

So I've noticed lately that Google (since they probably support Hillary) is leaning their search queries on this subject to articles saying Hillary is against TPP. Well, Google and other Hillary supporters are so full of ****.
 
Old 02-19-2016, 08:07 AM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,544,651 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I see 1700 more Trump voters.
In Indiana, that would make no difference . . . the primary and especially the general.

Mick
 
Old 02-19-2016, 08:10 AM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,544,651 times
Reputation: 7964
I thought you guys were all for free trade and unfettered capitalism? No, not when it's inconvenient?

Mr. Trump doesn't mean what he says. In addition to making Macy's Trump-branded crappy clothing line in China, he has sought over 1,100 visas for foreign workers for his properties. Donald Trump's companies sought visas to import at least 1,100 workers - Business Insider

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top