U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 08:50 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,611,445 times

Advertisements

After noticing this story: Carrier workers' rage over move to Mexico caught on video

Noticed in the debate yesterday, only Trump actually mentioned these poor people and actually said what he would do about it. All the other corporate sponsored drones (Cruz/Rubio/(ugh)Bush) just blah blah blah flat tax/tax break for small business; the same s*** mouthed for the last couple of decades and never materialized.

On the Democratic Party side? Only Sanders was consistently against free trade agreements which suck away jobs in the U.S. Hillary?

Fool me once, shame on Hillary
1990's-early 2000's Hillary: I support my husband's push for NAFTA
Democrat Party supporting Unions: This is (provably) not good for us
2007-2008 Election season Hillary: I think NAFTA was a bad idea
2007-2008 Hillary supporters: Hillary is allowed to change her mind

Fool me twice, shame on me
2012-2014 Hillary: I'm fully behind the Trans Pacific Partnership (NOTE AFTER SHE SAID NAFTA WAS BAD!)
Democrat Party supporting Unions: This is not good for us
Sanders said TPP was bad!
2015-2016 Election season Hillary: I'm (now) against the Trans Pacific Partnership

And the white well-off people running both Democratic and Republican parties sit there and wonder why Trump and Sanders are so popular... They at least these two give a s*** about the average person.

Hillary/(ugh)Bush/Cruz/Rubio? They might as well be like race car drivers and wear corporate sponsor logos on their jackets to show which corporations endorse them. A vote for these clowns is a vote to keep things the same: Health care costs skyrocketing / people working 2-3-4 part time jobs to survive / middle class evaporating / generations of people dependent upon the government to survive.

Last edited by jkbatca; 02-14-2016 at 09:16 AM..

Old 02-14-2016, 09:43 AM

26,886 posts, read 9,120,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
After noticing this story: Carrier workers' rage over move to Mexico caught on video

Noticed in the debate yesterday, only Trump actually mentioned these poor people and actually said what he would do about it. All the other corporate sponsored drones (Cruz/Rubio/(ugh)Bush) just blah blah blah flat tax/tax break for small business; the same s*** mouthed for the last couple of decades and never materialized.

On the Democratic Party side? Only Sanders was consistently against free trade agreements which suck away jobs in the U.S. Hillary?

Fool me once, shame on Hillary
1990's-early 2000's Hillary: I support my husband's push for NAFTA
Democrat Party supporting Unions: This is (provably) not good for us
2007-2008 Election season Hillary: I think NAFTA was a bad idea
2007-2008 Hillary supporters: Hillary is allowed to change her mind

Fool me twice, shame on me
2012-2014 Hillary: I'm fully behind the Trans Pacific Partnership (NOTE AFTER SHE SAID NAFTA WAS BAD!)
Democrat Party supporting Unions: This is not good for us
Sanders said TPP was bad!
2015-2016 Election season Hillary: I'm (now) against the Trans Pacific Partnership

And the white well-off people running both Democratic and Republican parties sit there and wonder why Trump and Sanders are so popular... They at least these two give a s*** about the average person.

Hillary/(ugh)Bush/Cruz/Rubio? They might as well be like race car drivers and wear corporate sponsor logos on their jackets to show which corporations endorse them. A vote for these clowns is a vote to keep things the same: Health care costs skyrocketing / people working 2-3-4 part time jobs to survive / middle class evaporating / generations of people dependent upon the government to survive.

That is pretty much the way I see it too.

None of the other candidates mention bring back into the country lost jobs. They want to do the same thing they always say they will do. That is to manipulate with policy and regulation thus creating jobs as if they will materialize out of thin air. If we can't create the conditions where we actually manufacture something for sale then all the creative ideas that produce goods will be made out of the country and we are no better off long term.
We are trading places with China not just trading goods with them. ( one sided as it is ) As they see the wisdom of becoming a consumer society combined with manufacturing what is consumed we will become about as powerful as a flea on a dogs back. There is no free trade just as there is no free lunch. Globalism is an idea set to destroy us, in every way, as a world power.

Old 02-14-2016, 10:03 AM

7,249 posts, read 5,592,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If we can't create the conditions where we actually manufacture something for sale then all the creative ideas that produce goods will be made out of the country and we are no better off long term.
We do actually manufacture something. The US is the second largest manufacturer on earth, far ahead of #3 (Japan).

What is true is that US manufacturing growth has been rather anemic in recent decades.

It's also true that low skill manufacturing is easily moved overseas.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:12 PM

45,396 posts, read 18,002,973 times
I see 1700 more Trump voters.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:33 PM

15,383 posts, read 17,645,632 times
How would Trump stop Carrier? They sell their products globally, not only in the USA. How can you stop any company that sends manufacturing overseas, especially if that company sells their products in many different countries. If you increase taxes(corporate tax?), then the companies will just raise their prices and we pay more. Do they only raise the tax for products sold in the US but manufactured elsewhere? What if only part of the product is manufactured elsewhere? What if the design,engineering, marketing, accounting for that company is in the USA? Will the company get even and ship those jobs overseas too, since they are getting the Trump tax for the manucturing part already? then the entire company would mover to another country. We would lose lots of companies because their entire operation would leave.

If he decided to tax all companies that manufacture elsewhere, this means he would add a tax to all products manufactured in other countries, right? Or only companies that originally manufactured in the US and switched? Because there are many companies that have HQ located in other countries because the company originated in the other country. Do they now get a Trump Tax when they sell to the US market? The US consumers would pay higher for these products. It would come out of our pockets. We (consumers) would be going broke due to high prices resulting from Trump tax.

What about SERVICES that are offshored? For example, tech workers in the USA lose their jobs because the jobs were outsourced to another country. This is a service so there is no product to tax. How would Trump solve this? It's likely that there are more service jobs(i.e.tech jobs and call center jobs) being offshored than manufacturing jobs being sent to other countries. It's harder to tax a service. What would Trump do?

Old 02-14-2016, 05:40 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,697,051 times
Trump's clothing line is made in China and Mexico. He's going to save/create jobs for Americans?

Lol....yeah, right. His con continues.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivininRoc85 View Post
So, you are outraged by all the companies who engage in shady business practices? Or is it just ones who are Republican presidential candidates...
Ummm.... It's not a "shady" business practice. It's legal. Herr Trump is all about how much money he can make. He's got bean counters and lawyers telling him how much more $$$ he can make by using cheap labor in foreign countries. He's not interested in the American worker. If he was....his clothing line would be made in the U.S.A. I'd call out any Democrat who does what Trump does: claim he's on the American worker's side...when he isn't. That's called lying. Trump is VERY good at it.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Like I said, you are outraged because you have been told to be outraged.
LMAO. Sorry, but you need to buy a clue if you want to keep on playing.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 02-14-2016 at 06:33 PM..

Old 02-14-2016, 06:13 PM

7,249 posts, read 5,592,114 times
Quote:
Like I said, you are outraged because you have been told to be outraged. When Apple is exploiting slave labor overseas, you are not outraged because they are Dem friendly. Why don't we hold all entrepreneurs and companies accountable for exploiting workers regardless of political leanings m'kay....
Actually people have been quite outraged and demanded that companies like Apple work to improve conditions overseas. Apple has also brought a limited amount of manufacturing back to the US.

Of course, Tim Cook isn't out running for president on a platform of being anti-outsourcing.

Stop trying to deflect. Trump is a liar and a hypocrite who gives exactly zero sh*ts about the American worker.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:14 PM

14,696 posts, read 9,747,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I see 1700 more Trump voters.
You could not write a narrative more favorable to Trump. Warning companies to think twice before moving out has been a staple of his speeches. Anybody else trying to capitalize on this news will look like a pathetic impostor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or