Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 06:07 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This "Pope" doesn't know what a Christian is. Sometimes I wonder if he has ever read the Bible, given the stupid statements he has made.

But then, Catholicism is not Christianity.
And yet, the catholic church is the original christian church. Unlike the snake handlers, who say they are the only true christians. Hard to understand how a catholic is not a christian, but snakes are...

Old 02-18-2016, 06:09 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Everyone loves the Pope....as long as he says whatever they're thinking.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:11 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Except that Jesus Christ preached and actually practiced communism, not charity. Many of the early Christian communities were communal enclaves. Pacifistic, too.

Of course, it's no accident that those on the Right who bray the loudest about being "Christians" only quote from the Old Testament and never from the Gospels or the Acts to justify their selfishness, war-mongering, and hatred. The OT is full of that crap. The Gospels and the Acts, not hardly.
You know, the Bible says alot about what God thinks of those who would try to use Him and his Word for their own aims, be they ideological or political. You might think about that.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:11 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
A wall with Swiss Guards guarding a big open plaza when they decide to let you stream in....
They have all that ornate gold at the Vatican think of all the hungry people they could feed by melting it down.
I'm sure Jesus would...
The anti-catholic folks are out in full force. If anything the Pope helped Trump with the Evangelicals that HATE all Catholics.

THose walls are relics from the past when ALL cities had walls.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
It's a Christian thing, you wouldn't understand.

...damn shame when atheist understand Christianity better than Christians.
Are you trying to establish a Theocracy, ala ISIS?

Old 02-18-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I've been in the Vatican. The wall serves to define the borders of Vatican City. Visits are encouraged. No one stopped me and asked, "Are you a Catholic? Were you born here? Are you a Muslim? Are you a Mexican?"

Unlike Herr Trump's version of America and his idiotic idea that he should be in charge of deciding who comes in.

What exactly does that mean, "the wall serves to define the borders of Vatican City"??

Old 02-18-2016, 06:17 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,038 times
Yuck who cares what the Bible says.

This is the highly praised and professional "political and other controversies" forum have some respect and take your religious talk to the right area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
He is a spiritual leader, not a political leader. Donald Trump doesn't seem to weigh heavily on his mind and it does appear that he was baited into the topic by reporters. He didn't mention Trump by name but the reporter apparently did.

The actual quote:
“A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not of building bridges, is not Christian. This is not the gospel. As far as what you said about whether I would advise to vote or not to vote, I am not going to get involved in that. I say only that this is man is not Christian if he has said things like that. We must see if he said things in that way and I will give him the benefit of the doubt.”
He has almost completely squandered his cachet as a SPIRITUAL leader, by trying to be a political leader. It's about the decisions we make in life.

12,540 posts, read 2,138,191 times
Why is the Pope getting into politics? Why do U.S. politicians get into religion? And we're supposed to have a separation of church and state....

Old 02-18-2016, 06:19 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Anyone care to wager what these threads would be like if the Pope called Obama a godless baby killing gay loving Muslim?
Interesting hypothetical. It is the antithesis of the subject of this thread. But to answer your question ... NO. I will not wager with you. If I were to lose, I'd pay cash. If you were to lose, I might get used wine bottle corks.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections