Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2016, 03:41 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Weather a country builds a wall to control immigration (or to collect taxes) is neither Christian or not Christian. The wall is not in the realm of religion. It is in the realm of secular government. Non religious secular government.

I do think we need to get better control of our immigration system but I think we should be as humane as possible. We should not, as one of the Republican ideologues said, throw out adults that arrived illegally in this country as children, just because they were not born here. They were brought here by their parents and had no choice in the matter. I consider them citizens and after 20 years of so I also consider the parents to be citizens.

The Donald's characterizing of Mexicans as killers, drug pushers and rapists is hyperbole at its worst. A few may be but just look at what was being said about the immigrants during the 1890's to the 1930's. They were called the same and a few were but most, like most Hispanics, were not.

Why shouldn't we deport anyone here illegally? Just because they were brought here by their parents they should get a pass on that? Isn't that rewarding their parents? Nothing inhumane about enforcing our immigration laws. Doesn't matter what you consider them to be. They aren't citizens if they don't have citizenship papers. Since when does evading the law for a long time get you a pass on violating our laws?

Trump did not say that all Mexicans (and he meant the illegal kind anyway) are drug pushers and rapists. Why do you continue with this dishonesty? Why do you use the word "immigrants" when the issue is illegal aliens not "immigrants"? You bring up the past about legal immigrants and that isn't the discussion. Why is that?

Old 02-19-2016, 04:00 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
So the Pope says Trump isn't a Christian for wanting to build a wall on our southern border to protect our country. The Vatican is surrounded by a wall. Also, the Pope went to Cuba and met with Castro and hugged him. Same Castro who executed priest and shut down churches.
The Pope has seen this error and has backed down. Hands Trump huge victory over the issue. BTW, the Pope never mentioned Trump by name. That was all a fabrication, yet again by the USA MSM.

Pope Francis backs down after calling Donald Trump 'not Christian' | Daily Mail Online

Old 02-19-2016, 04:02 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Walls are good.. I have them all around my house.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:41 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Before I listen to anything a Pope has to say about our political landscape, how it's run or who's running it said Pope would have to do a lot of commenting about Russia,Cuba,China,N. Korea etc,etc etc. Given that that doesn't and won't happen I don't believe he's got anything of substance to say on U.S. matters.
You want to talk about bridges and walls? How about discussing NOT KILLING YOUR OWN PEOPLE just for kicks or cutting apendages off or stoning to death or locking up in gulags/Siberia,or,or......

Start pointing out some of the truly horrible leaders and the things they do FIRST and then you might have some credentials to comment on what happens in the U.S..

Old 02-19-2016, 07:23 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
That is a beautiful wall around the Vatican !!!
And did you see those towers on the wall, magnificent !!!
First time I have seen actual photos of what it looks like.
I do hope Trump and the Pope can meet to discus it.

"GO TRUMP" walls like the Vatican to " Make America Great Again"

Old 02-19-2016, 08:01 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
If I'm not wrong wasn't the pope in Juarez talking about the drug trafficking and criminal organizations there that have murdered half the town. Raping and killing their women. Hm.......why on earth do we want them here? Does he think only the victims try to come over here illegally?
If people there are being killed by the dozens by Mexican criminals then shouldn't the Pope be addressing those who work for the Mexican government instead?

Someone, someday needs to hold Mexico accountable for all their crap criminals.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:03 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
"And although the pope has denounced official corruption, drug trafficking and other Mexico ills, he did not, to the disappointment of many, mention specifically the town of Ayotzinapa, a code word now for the kidnapping and likely killing of 43 students by authorities in cahoots with a drug gang."
Pope Francis decries 'human tragedy' that forces migration in landmark Mass at the U.S.-Mexico border - LA Times

And yet he got a word in for Trump....amazing..!

Old 02-19-2016, 08:29 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

Actually the wall must be a hologram, since there are people on here who say walls can't be built

I looked over those photos and I didn't see one bridge. Where are all those bridges the Pope talks about. Surely he has built some.
Even here in Florida we have big beautiful bridges. I have traveled on the Skyway Bridge many times and never seen a Mexican walking on it. Weird huh !!!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationP...a_Florida.html

Last edited by phma; 02-19-2016 at 08:41 PM..

Old 02-19-2016, 08:34 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I looked over those photos and I didn't see one bridge. Where are all those bridges the Pope talks about. Surely he has built some.
Even here in Florida we have big beautiful bridges. I have traveled on the Skyway Bridge many times and never seen a Mexican walking on it. Weird huh !!!
The Pope was speaking in a metaphor when he said we should be building bridges not walls. Why is that so hard to understand? The metaphor meaning we should be looking for common ground and understanding between nations and ways to heal what separates us, not walling ourselves off and creating more fear and distrust between nations. People may not agree with him but at least try to understand what it means to be a Christian as per the Pope's view toward humanity.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:39 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The Pope was speaking in a metaphor when he said we should be building bridges not walls. Why is that so hard to understand? The metaphor meaning we should be looking for common ground and understanding between nations and ways to heal what separates us, not walling ourselves off and creating more fear and distrust between nations. People may not agree with him but at least try to understand what it means to be a Christian as per the Pope's view toward humanity.

Yeah sure, and why are you repeating yourself? There is no doubt in my mind that he is an illegal alien sympathizer and thus objects to the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections