Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 08:41 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,512,077 times

Advertisements

The reaction of the audience during a debate does influence voters. Mostly those busy working to make ends meet and want to vote but don't have the time to devote everyday keeping up with all the candidates.

When the candidates are announced and the audience reacts overwhelmingly positive to one or two the effect is communicated to those at home. It's a lot like the Roman Arena. If the crowd gives the thumbs-up then the Emperor wanting to remain popular spares the life of the contestant. If the donors and special interest can react with cheers and applause for the candidates of their choice it puts the others at a disadvantage. Many people are seeing the political elites and their co-conspirators ( owned media ) using every trick in the book to deceive voters. They are the unofficial supper pac who want to decide who will be elected.

Gen. Geo. Patton is credited with saying that "Americans love an underdog". The political parties may have lost their principals but most Americans have not lost their sense of fair play. Few people want to sit down at the card table and play against a stacked deck. More people than ever before are seeing the political elite and media attempting to stack the deck and they are rejecting them. Every attempt they make to deceive voters gains support for the underdog and they dig in their heels on the principal of fair play. That is one of the reasons Trump gets such loyal supporters and continues to build a growing movement. Nothing Trump can say or do is perceived as worse than rigging the election. The deception and dirty dealing by establishment has done more to shore up support for Trump than any amount of money he could spend on campaign adds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 08:46 AM

16,563 posts, read 15,105,033 times
We don't need a studio audience for debates. This last one was a fiasco and let's not forget the only person who spilled the beans on RNC was Trump. I had no idea how they pick the audience. Others looked on like fools.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:51 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,076,868 times
The establishment hasn't yet decided whether to back Rubio or Jeb. Jeb has lots of money and connections but has been bombing on the early states. Rubio has been doing better but the establishment doesn't feel totally comfortable with him of being ready. As long as neither breaks away they'll stay but if one pulls ahead after Super Tuesday you will see the Republican big wigs go all out behind one or the other

Old 02-15-2016, 09:00 AM

8,070 posts, read 6,915,446 times
Trump should get used to people booing his nonsensical comments. Call it on the job training.

Trump is disliked by many. These are not his highly controlled rallies, this is reality. Does Trump think he is not get booed if he wins the nomination and has to go on a debate with Hillary Clinton? If he cannot handle this maybe he should quit. Presidents are highly criticized once the win the election by the other party. What is Trump gonna do when he faces criticism as a president? Whine like an adolescent girl on her period? Write 3:00 am Tweets stating he is being treated unfairly? arrest anyone who says anything negative about him?

He needs to grow up, he is almost 70. Better late than never.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:01 AM

5,230 posts, read 6,145,548 times
I knew the audience was almost entirely establishment party shills because it was brought up in the SC forums.

I was also stunned at the Rubio applause. To me he looked entirely out of his depth as he breathlessly lobbed his lines but every time he was met with rousing ovations.

I'm not Trumps biggest fan but he really has been calling the spades spades with some regularity.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:04 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,271,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
We don't need a studio audience for debates. .
We don't even need debates anymore. I refuse to watch any more of this nonsense until the primaries are over and the actual candidates are debating.

Old 02-15-2016, 10:29 AM

4,323 posts, read 4,266,656 times
Who is really in the audience during any debate?

I REALLY want to answer that question and I intend to answer that very important question. But, FIRST let me respond to ...................

^^^^that's why I have little patience with the debates. No one really answers a question or gives a position statement that means anything. They just give their canned statement (a la Rubio's "the problem with President Obama") and totally ignore the question.

Re audience: should be a lottery system to give every voter an even chance at attendance.

Old 02-16-2016, 02:04 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,391,382 times
In the past, moderators have told audiences to be quiet and not applaud until the commercial break or the end of the debate.

Why has this changed? Who knows?

It makes no difference to me.

Trump doesn't care that people boo him, by the way.

He just turns it to his advantage.

Sorry, no one with any sense is buying the "Trump is thin-skinned" line.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:15 AM

20,098 posts, read 16,010,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
In the past, moderators have told audiences to be quiet and not applaud until the commercial break or the end of the debate.

Why has this changed? Who knows?

It makes no difference to me.

Trump doesn't care that people boo him, by the way.

He just turns it to his advantage.

Sorry, no one with any sense is buying the "Trump is thin-skinned" line.
So you don't read his tweets?

Old 02-16-2016, 07:49 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,259,580 times
The RNC says only 10 big donators were in the audience. Whatever the case, the audience reactions at the Republican primaries is just more noticeable this year because the candidates have so blatantly been breaking Reagan's 11th commandment that they shall not speak ill of other Republicans. So much personal mud slinging was coming out of Trump's mouth that it was sure to get him booed. He can get away with that when he's standing in front of "his people" who eat it up like candy but each candidate got the same number of tickets to the debates and why should they sit their quietly while Trump calls other candidates names we won't tolerate in a grade school class? Trump is such a cry baby it isn't funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections