Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 03:41 PM

99,532 posts, read 4,490,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Cruz is not interested in a theocracy, as you surely know very well. In fact, that would not even be possible without an absolute overthrow of our existing Constitution system of government. What Cruz wants is a respect for the Constitution and a move away from the autocratic methods currently used by Barack Obama.

And don't try to pretend that you are ignorant about what a Christian president would act like in our country, as we have had literally dozens. In fact, until Barack Obama was elected, it was almost an unspoken requirement that a presidential hopeful be a Christian in order to be elected. So you know that whatever sorts of wild, 'theocracy' hypotheticals you want to try to flog, they are not based on any sort of historical merit or the facts.

At the same time, the vitriol and oftentimes hatred that many if not most Democrats have openly displayed towards Ted Cruz because of his Christian religious beliefs is offensive and shocking. If anyone was to behave this way towards a Muslim candidate for president, you people would be positively hysterical, calling whoever was doing that bigots and such.

And of course you would be entirely correct. If it is bigoted to act this way towards Muslims, it is certainly just as bigoted to act this way towards Christians. That is a fact.

If the shoe fits....
Um...Barack Obama is a Christian president.

How do you think a Christian president should act? Like Nixon? Reagan? Dubya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 03:44 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,940 times
Trump is NOT like Hitler. How silly.

He's more like my wife's nephew, 2 1/2 years old and prone to fits and tantrums.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:45 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,623,706 times
Trump is right when it comes to George Bush. Jeb can't stand to hear the truth. Fact is that if 9/11 happened under a democrats watch we wouldn't have another democrat as President for a long time because nobody would feel safe. The Republicans however have the gift of SPIN. They will find a way to blame the democrats anyway and most of the righties will be there helping them....

Old 02-15-2016, 03:45 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post

He's more like my wife's nephew, 2 1/2 years old and prone to fits and tantrums.
Describes Trump to a T.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:47 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,515,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
Um...Barack Obama is a Christian president.

How do you think a Christian president should act? Like Nixon? Reagan? Dubya?
Barack Obama spent 20 years participating in a congregation that taught "black liberation theology," under the right-racist reverend Jeremiah Wright. Obama is not a Christian president, that is a fact that he has proudly demonstrated by his actions over the last seven plus years.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:48 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,515,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post

He is not like Hitler, I agree. But his campaign tactics in many cases certainly are.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump is right when it comes to George Bush. Jeb can't stand to hear the truth. Fact is that if 9/11 happened under a democrats watch we wouldn't have another democrat as President for a long time because nobody would feel safe. The Republicans however have the gift of SPIN. They will find a way to blame the democrats anyway and most of the righties will be there helping them....
True. It's the one area where Trump is right on target. Jeb! would gin up another war just to compete with his brother.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Barack Obama spent 20 years participating in a congregation that taught "black liberation theology," under the right-racist reverend Jeremiah Wright. Obama is not a Christian president, that is a fact that he has proudly demonstrated by his actions over the last seven plus years.
Thanks for clarifying. Since you are an expert on who is a Christian and who is not, I will decline to challenge your "factual" assertion.

Old 02-15-2016, 04:44 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,940 times
Quote:
He is not like Hitler, I agree. But his campaign tactics in many cases certainly are.
Can you name Hitler's party affiliaton or those that were campaigning against him? What about his platform and rhetoric? What tactics do you you find similar?

Old 02-15-2016, 05:35 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
"Any president who doesn't begin every day on his knees isn't fit to be commander in chief of this nation."

Ted Cruz, Iowa Nov 2015 during a "Kill all the Gays" convention sponsored by the National Religious Liberties Conference
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Upon reading this quote, Hillary responded, "Shoot, I don't want to be President then. I haven't been presidential in decades!"

Mick
Very sexist remark. We shouldn't be repeatedly reminded of the indiscretions of her husband and his bad behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections