Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 11:44 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,337,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Trump has a problem when we get to states with closed primaries. He won't have extremist liberals inflating his numbers as he did in NH and will have in SC.
Exactly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 11:48 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
In case you had not noticed, the only real difference between most Democrats and Republicans is the Candy coating over the same inert ingredients.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
In case you had not noticed, the only real difference between most Democrats and Republicans is the Candy coating over the same inert ingredients.
Not with Cruz...Hes a statesman, not a Republican. He stands up for the Constitution and the people. He doesn't side with liberals and vote for Obama's $2 billion spending bill and to give $150 billion to terrorists like Iran the way most Republicans in congress did.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:53 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
David French then goes through Trump's despicable and pathetic debate performance on Saturday. In case you missed it, Donald Trump repeated the tired lies of the Democrat Party on almost every topic, including 1) the "Bush lied, people died" narrative, 2) blaming George W. Bush alone for 09/11/2001; and 3) claiming that Planned Parenthood "does wonderful things."

That is not populism, or nationalism. It is simply the rantings of your average far left wing Democrat. French summarizes:

Read more at: Donald Trump, Conventional Democrat

I've been arguing for a long time that Trump is nothing but a Democrat. I'm right.
I agree that Trump is left of center, but the fact that he is winning the hearts of GOP voters, tells me that the other candidates are trying to sell their brand of the party and not listening to their constituency.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:58 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Not with Cruz...Hes a statesman, not a Republican. He stands up for the Constitution and the people. He doesn't side with liberals and vote for Obama's $2 billion spending bill and to give $150 billion to terrorists like Iran the way most Republicans in congress did.
NOBODY in Congress gave $150 billion to terrorists but that's just a silly old fact.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:58 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Republicans lie about it more. Since they all march to the orders of their puppet masters, the meat puppets essentially do the same dance once elected.

Will give you an example: Tax simplification. I've been hearing that one for 40 years. Both sides promise it, yet it never comes to pass. Logically, who could possibly be against simplifying the tax code? I'm not talking about "tax reform" that would impact tax revenue. I'm merely talking about making it easier to file a tax return.

I'll tell you who has been winning that war on regular folks...lawyers and accountants, who have the most to lose. They make a buck on overly complicated tax laws (and regulations). Now take a look at the big donor groups, by occupation. Lawyers. Then ask yourself, what are most members of Congress?

Here's another one: legalizing illegal aliens. The Democrats want it to increase the dependent downtrodden demographic that puts them in office. The Republicans want it for cheap labor. That's why you have a Chuck Schumer and a Marco Rubio pushing for the same thing.

They're all the same. Really.

EXACTLY.... I've been saying that since 2010 and I saw how Obama 'snowed' us all!

Old 02-16-2016, 12:00 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I'm a Democrat and we had a meeting, and nope, we aren't taking him, he's all yours!

Old 02-16-2016, 12:03 PM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
A vote for Trump IS a vote for Hillary.....
Poll after poll shows he can't beat her in the general election.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
A vote for Trump IS a vote for Hillary.....
Poll after poll shows he can't beat her in the general election.
This. But of course Trump fans will say it's still too early to trust polls. Even when they were bragging about SC polls 5 months ago. They only believe polls that show Trump winning.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
I agree that Trump is left of center, but the fact that he is winning the hearts of GOP voters, tells me that the other candidates are trying to sell their brand of the party and not listening to their constituency.
He's not winning anything. He's got a whopping FOUR delegate lead, big deal. We are just getting started
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections