Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 08:52 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,599,055 times

Advertisements

They sure are stacking up at the bottom of the cliff.
Twist it, bend it, spin it, by all means remove all truth from within it.
Those damm American kids are dreaming again. Quick get a bucket of cold of water.

Last edited by phma; 02-17-2016 at 09:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 08:58 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
I don't have any children and don't plan on having any children anytime soon. I don't need to worry about bio clock for at least 7-10 years.

I am willing to use my OWN tax dollars to feed american kids first. American citizen kids that is.

Not sure I am willing to feed illegals first or sending illegals children to college before I feed Americans.

Nothing personal. I don't hate anybody, including illegals.

If you are willing to use your tax dollars to take care of foreigners, more power to ya.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 02-17-2016 at 09:06 AM..

Old 02-17-2016, 09:08 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I'm a liberal on most social and economic issues, but my views on illegal immigration are 90% with Trump. I'm not for a massive deportation, but I support a complete stop to the inflow and measures taken to start the migration back.

A part of the equation that has to go on is pushing Mexico to get out of the 18th century Oligarchy model.

The positive effect on low end wages and job opportunities is obvious. I realize many of my liberal friends think the US is guilty of something and therefore should be a blow off valve for every 3rd world nation. I do not share that view. It goes hand in hand with the my belief that the US should have a hands off policy in foreign affairs.

Couple that with axing the number of H1B's, and the underemployment issue would disappear in a short period of time. Yes some costs would rise, but the net benefit to the country would be a big positive. Allow a number of guest workers for agriculture jobs that have traditionally been migrant labor, but when it comes to Contstruction, landscaping, service industry jobs, all traditional blue collar stuff, those jobs should be for Americans.
Pretty much.

With all his feel good free for all programs, even Bernie sanders knew open border for all is not a good idea.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:59 AM

30,223 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Oh suuuuure they were. Just like "undocumented immigrants" and "New Americans" just started rolling off people's tongues as a natural evolution of language, with no political agenda at all.
Wait...I thought they were called "day laborers". It's so hard to keep up with all the labels that try to gloss over the real description.

Old 02-17-2016, 12:01 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,328,907 times
DREAM is an acronym and Trump is too stupid to even realize what it is! LOL!! There are people on this forum with more knowledge of politics than this liberal fraud Trump! LOL. What a pathetic clown.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:00 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
What does this mean in actual practice?

What does Trumpie propose to enhance the lives of American children and give them a better chance at success?

For instance, would he call for:
More Head Start program funding?
Longer family leave?
More tuition assistance?
Higher minimum wage?
The ability to discharge student loans during bankruptcy?
More funding for school-to-work placement programs?
More equitable school funding between poor and higher income areas?
Capital spending to fix crumbling school buildings?

???

Getting rid of these "Dreamers" would open up more future job opportunities and college seats for our own kids. That's good enough for me.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:07 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,212,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
DREAM is an acronym and Trump is too stupid to even realize what it is! LOL!! There are people on this forum with more knowledge of politics than this liberal fraud Trump! LOL. What a pathetic clown.
What makes you think he didn't know what it was? It sounds like he did know. We all know, immigration has been beaten into our skulls for years, until Trump forced the country to do an about face. His response that our own American kids should have the dream, indicated he knew. You know, legally born American citizens should benefit over illegal aliens?

Old 02-17-2016, 02:12 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,386,595 times
Based on Trump's own words, American kids (translation: non-Hispanic white kids; the rest are foreigners) dream of earning slave wages in the United States to remain competitive with China.

Trump = worst presidential candidate of all-time.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Pssss, Mr. Trump, the term "Dreamers" is just an acronym for the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act ("DREAM"). Though I must admit that the actual words used to spell out DREAM were just made up after the fact.

Mick
If here illegally; those kids NEED to be kicked OUT of the US or face being locked up. Period.

Too; why should ANY illegal alien "dreams" come in front of American kids for any reason?

Old 02-17-2016, 02:14 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
So Trump "stole" "dream" and is turning it AGAINST illegal aliens? That's VERY good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections